It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7,x billion people and 50% are idiots

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Am I? So what? Do you really believe I care?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If I'm "average" ... then that means half the world is dumber than I am.

That's insanely scary.

That also means that half the world is smarter than me.

I'm not sure which to be more scared about!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Am I? So what? Do you really believe I care?

No i don't care but based on responses like this one I am also starting to think your about 14 and are pissed off because the big boys showed you how silly you were for posting such rubbish in the first place.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Don't worry, I feel you.

Just look at all the social media outlets, pay attention to the postings. If you can, take any course in a community college right now and just observe the retardation, you'll be amazed.

I think its higher. Its not even a reduced disposition. Its a general attitude. Its a mentality. They are not dumber, they are more retarded if that makes sense. Snowflakes or assholes.....normal people are in short supply. Being an asshole makes you will yourself into retardation like being a fanciful snowflake does. Its a dangerous situation for the rest. Makes survival mode kick in and noble sentiment fade away. Most dont even want to think about this though. They like to think everything is fine. Also IQ tests are BS.

This rings true to me the most.

It's not really about IQ, I believe it's a combination of IQ and EQ or otherwise known as Aptitude. Some people may have higher IQ but very low in EQ, some higher in EQ but lack in the IQ department. Some, certainly not all, lacks in both areas.

There are some dumb people around though, I said this in another post, one of my friend's children was in their college class, I believe it was either Biology or Anthropology, can't remember.

But there was a girl in there, who was totally shocked to learn that Mermaids are not real. I mean, this student was so upset that she almost threw a fit when everyone around her started to laugh about the fact that she believed Mermaids were really real. When asked how she arrived at the believe, she simply said, she saw a documentary on either the Animal Planet or Discovery Channel called "Mermaids: The Body Found".

You know... sigh... I've just got nothing to say anymore. But I am on your side about the sheer stupidity of the general population..
edit on 3/15/2016 by truthseeker84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I have been hearing a lot lately about the relation between EQ & IQ.

Apparently a high EQ seems to relate to a high IQ.

Thought I would throw it out there for anyone interested in another avenue this goes.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

btw, that free IQ test of yours is completely flawed!

I've had at least 6 beers and well over 4 shots of 112 proof rare breed bourbon, yet still scored 121... yet, at the moment I need to shut one of my eyes just to see what's written on the screen clearly... so I'm quite confident that my current IQ is well below 121 at this present time.

... just saying.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So according to you, I have a measured IQ by a professional (not your stupid on-line shear it on FB test) of lower than 120, I should just not bother having kids despite there being no actual prove that higher IQ'd parents produce higher IQ'd kids.

Thats the issue not your frankly disgusting suicide remark, joking or not its a pretty horrible thing to suggest people you deep to be stupid kill themselves and its also equally disgusting to joke about suicide.

OP I am having difficulty in believing your OP is above 120

Whether you like it or not, that's how some people think. I wouldn't say I constantly think like that, but yes, I have that type of mentality in my head as well.

There are times where I witness certain behaviors from the general public and the first thing that come to my mind is "GTFO of the gene pool, and quickly too.".

What is wrong with that?

Yes, certain people shouldn't breed... why is that something that strikes people's nerves, I don't get it.

Empathetic a bit too much perhaps?

21 dumbest and most clueless customers in the world.

Should the people listed in that 21 instances be allowed to breed? If you ask me, the answer is no.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The general frustration portrayed by the OP is likely spawned by the veeeeery real problem we all face... we are now numerous enough to effect our environment and it doesn't take a high IQ to see we are facing the extinction of everyone... and most everything living here larger than a microbe.

It also follows that either it stays as it is, and we all die, or some drastic measures are introduced that some will find objectionable to the point of violence.

Quite a conundrum ...one I bet the smartest are straining to figure out... or despairing and spending what remains of their time fiddling on the internets.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

You are confusing people being morons with people having low IQ's

I often find myself reading about some low life who goes and mugs a old lady and think that society would be much better off with out these morons that think that's how to behave.

I don't however feel that someone should have less rights because they didn't realise that mermaids were fictitious.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

It was just the first that came up when I googled IQ test. It's not what this is about really.

My point was, as I currently live in a house with 17(!) other people, I become more and more disappointed in the human race.
Did you get the reference about the homo oeconomicus? We are becoming more and more statistical, simulated beings and apparently we are only rational and smart when we think about our own advantage.
So this is to show how the cold war turned into a war against mankind.
Unfortunately people are more busy attacking me for it, than thinking about what the satirical and deliberatly drastic OP was about. Maybe I should have thrown more hints in it so the less "smart" ones would have gotten a chance to understand it too.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I scored above 120 yet I'm not breeding anyway.

So what does that tell ya.

Maybe that's the reason for the decline. Because smart people aren't dumb enough to bring children in to this foolish world.

link   

originally posted by: truthseeker84
Don't worry, I feel you.

Just look at all the social media outlets, pay attention to the postings. If you can, take any course in a community college right now and just observe the retardation, you'll be amazed.

I think its higher. Its not even a reduced disposition. Its a general attitude. Its a mentality. They are not dumber, they are more retarded if that makes sense. Snowflakes or assholes.....normal people are in short supply. Being an asshole makes you will yourself into retardation like being a fanciful snowflake does. Its a dangerous situation for the rest. Makes survival mode kick in and noble sentiment fade away. Most dont even want to think about this though. They like to think everything is fine. Also IQ tests are BS.

This rings true to me the most.

It's not really about IQ, I believe it's a combination of IQ and EQ or otherwise known as Aptitude. Some people may have higher IQ but very low in EQ, some higher in EQ but lack in the IQ department. Some, certainly not all, lacks in both areas.

There are some dumb people around though, I said this in another post, one of my friend's children was in their college class, I believe it was either Biology or Anthropology, can't remember.

But there was a girl in there, who was totally shocked to learn that Mermaids are not real. I mean, this student was so upset that she almost threw a fit when everyone around her started to laugh about the fact that she believed Mermaids were really real. When asked how she arrived at the believe, she simply said, she saw a documentary on either the Animal Planet or Discovery Channel called "Mermaids: The Body Found".

You know... sigh... I've just got nothing to say anymore. But I am on your side about the sheer stupidity of the general population..

How would you define "stupidity" though?

Someone was told something or saw something and did not realise that it may not be true?

I bet the same person had a skill that you lack, almost certain on this.

I know people with super high IQ's that could not change a light bulb or a flat tyre.

I know people that I worry about as they are so stupid in my mind but can spend 10 hours a shift looking after the disabled or infirm, they can wipe an arse or be subjected to violence and abuse by the unstable and take it all in their stride.

Some people can fit shapes into other shapes and perform complex maths and still be retards.

link   
OP,

thank you for the contribution. I am secure in my testicular fortitude to disagree with your OP without insulting you, but thank you for the effort and the addition.....since at the moment I am reading it and not making a thread of my own....since I am such an exert as to what content on ATS should be like-

Rock on baby. Haters only hate because they hate their lame self.

If people need to knock you instead of the information its because their pants are too empty and their lives too dull and terrible.

edit on 3 15 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

There are times where I witness certain behaviours from the general public and the first thing that come to my mind is "GTFO of the gene pool, and quickly too.".

It is not you gene pool.

I corrected your spelling errors btw...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Oh thanks for commenting. And one of the firsts who got it!

a reply to: truthseeker84

Agreed.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There is no IQ test on the net that will give a valid score. They must be given in person by a trained person to achieve a valid score. And even then, it might not be valid.
Just so you will know.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
The general frustration portrayed by the OP is likely spawned by the veeeeery real problem we all face... we are now numerous enough to effect our environment and it doesn't take a high IQ to see we are facing the extinction of everyone... and most everything living here larger than a microbe.

It also follows that either it stays as it is, and we all die, or some drastic measures are introduced that some will find objectionable to the point of violence.

Quite a conundrum ...one I bet the smartest are straining to figure out... or despairing and spending what remains of their time fiddling on the internets.

So you like eugenics then?

Interesting...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Eugenics only has such a bad reputation because of the Nazis. It isn't like there is no research done in enhancing humans. Thinking of the Gilgamesh project for example.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

There are times where I witness certain behaviours from the general public and the first thing that come to my mind is "GTFO of the gene pool, and quickly too.".

It is not you gene pool.

I corrected your spelling errors btw...

I certainly hope you were joking... but no sir, you didn't really correct anything.. but perhaps made a few additions
?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: nonspecific

Eugenics only has such a bad reputation because of the Nazis. It isn't like there is no research done in enhancing humans. Thinking of the Gilgamesh project for example.

No eugenics has a bad reputation because it is a horrible idea that involves certain people thinking that they can decide what others can and cannot do and neutering certain types of people for "The common good".

Look into where Hitler got his idea's from before you start going down that route...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join