It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7,x billion people and 50% are idiots

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: truthseeker84
Don't worry, I feel you.

Just look at all the social media outlets, pay attention to the postings. If you can, take any course in a community college right now and just observe the retardation, you'll be amazed.

I think its higher. Its not even a reduced disposition. Its a general attitude. Its a mentality. They are not dumber, they are more retarded if that makes sense. Snowflakes or assholes.....normal people are in short supply. Being an asshole makes you will yourself into retardation like being a fanciful snowflake does. Its a dangerous situation for the rest. Makes survival mode kick in and noble sentiment fade away. Most dont even want to think about this though. They like to think everything is fine. Also IQ tests are BS.

This rings true to me the most.

It's not really about IQ, I believe it's a combination of IQ and EQ or otherwise known as Aptitude. Some people may have higher IQ but very low in EQ, some higher in EQ but lack in the IQ department. Some, certainly not all, lacks in both areas.

There are some dumb people around though, I said this in another post, one of my friend's children was in their college class, I believe it was either Biology or Anthropology, can't remember.

But there was a girl in there, who was totally shocked to learn that Mermaids are not real. I mean, this student was so upset that she almost threw a fit when everyone around her started to laugh about the fact that she believed Mermaids were really real. When asked how she arrived at the believe, she simply said, she saw a documentary on either the Animal Planet or Discovery Channel called "Mermaids: The Body Found".

You know... sigh... I've just got nothing to say anymore. But I am on your side about the sheer stupidity of the general population..

How would you define "stupidity" though?

Someone was told something or saw something and did not realise that it may not be true?

I bet the same person had a skill that you lack, almost certain on this.

I know people with super high IQ's that could not change a light bulb or a flat tyre.

I know people that I worry about as they are so stupid in my mind but can spend 10 hours a shift looking after the disabled or infirm, they can wipe an arse or be subjected to violence and abuse by the unstable and take it all in their stride.

Some people can fit shapes into other shapes and perform complex maths and still be retards.

I gave you 21 examples from my second post.

Someone was told something or saw something and did not realise that it may not be true?

No, but rather someone who saw Scoobydoo and wanted to meet him in real life.

Sure, if that person can wiggle their toes better than I but fails to have an ounce of common sense or logic, I'm sure they're better than me as well?

I know people with super high IQ's that could not change a light bulb or a flat tyre.

This goes back to my message about IQ and EQ, thus Aptitude.

By the way, are you intentionally making spelling errors, then reverse and try to grammar Nazi me? Or are you just trolling?
edit on 3/15/2016 by truthseeker84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

There are times where I witness certain behaviours from the general public and the first thing that come to my mind is "GTFO of the gene pool, and quickly too.".

It is not you gene pool.

I corrected your spelling errors btw...

I certainly hope you were joking... but no sir, you didn't really correct anything.. but perhaps made a few additions
?

? You managed to bold my typo wrong?

I do not know what to say about that.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
forbes:

A new study suggests that people living today are considerably less intelligent than people living a couple centuries ago, to the tune of 14 fewer IQ points on average.

Global IQ

Isn't that concerning, we really are becoming dumber with each generation! Now we also face something that will make this de-evolution happen even faster: the mobile phone.

Do you have kids? If so would you mind taking this quick test:
free IQ test
And what are your results, are you above 120? Because otherwise you shouldn't be allowed to have children. Period.
You are a thread to the future of mankind and will be responsible, if in a few generations from now, we won't have a space programm at all anymore.
Sure there is more to it, social intelligence, creativity and all that, which isn't measured, but let's be honest: The homo oeconimicus, is a fear driven, egoistic gambler and will wipe us all out.
That is the reality we face and we need smart people, especially in a democracy, where the average is meant to be the souvereign. Empathic, intelligent and humble, is what he should be.
And who or what are you? What do you raise your children to be?
Fad, egoistic, spoiled and unfit for survival.
That assumption sounds mean at first, but think about it: 95% of people who get children are idiots.That's a statistical fact.
And the five percent are send to elitist school learning elitist behaviour and become the flesh and bone of the "homo oeconomicus".
We can't let that happen, can we?

So let's clean this mess up, my suggestion: if you are below 120 and have no significant talent: commit suicide, or at least please: don't procreate.

IQ tests change. The free one you mention is useless. IQ numbers change by +/- 3 points every time you take an IQ test recognized as accurate. I could lose 14 points and still be fine. I take issue with the page you point out saying the mean IQ in 2000 was 89.1 I doubt it. It also states that this is based on mean IQ in 185 countries, when there are anywhere between 189 and 196 countries in the entire world, depending on the source. I would tend to not believe that enough IQ tests have been administered to get a sufficient sampling in 185 countries.

These findings from the book linked seem way off. The Forbes article leads to study of 'simple reaction time' which is only hypothetically linked to IQ.
edit on 15-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Peeple

So according to you, I have a measured IQ by a professional (not your stupid on-line shear it on FB test) of lower than 120, I should just not bother having kids despite there being no actual prove that higher IQ'd parents produce higher IQ'd kids.

Thats the issue not your frankly disgusting suicide remark, joking or not its a pretty horrible thing to suggest people you deep to be stupid kill themselves and its also equally disgusting to joke about suicide.

OP I am having difficulty in believing your OP is above 120

Whether you like it or not, that's how some people think. I wouldn't say I constantly think like that, but yes, I have that type of mentality in my head as well.

There are times where I witness certain behaviors from the general public and the first thing that come to my mind is "GTFO of the gene pool, and quickly too.".

What is wrong with that?

Yes, certain people shouldn't breed... why is that something that strikes people's nerves, I don't get it.

Empathetic a bit too much perhaps?

21 dumbest and most clueless customers in the world.

Should the people listed in that 21 instances be allowed to breed? If you ask me, the answer is no.

When I hear people talk like this, I often wonder whether they would be willing to forcibly sterilize the less-intelligent themselves.

Would you be willing to kick in the door of people you consider too stupid to have the very basic human freedom to procreate, then hold them down, or at gunpoint, and while they're kicking and screaming while you strip away the most basic of human instincts (procreation), forcibly sterilize them?

If the answer is "no", then give up the rhetoric. If the answer is "yes", then, well, you're a eugenicist, and a danger to society, and humanity itself.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Don't worry, I feel you.

Just look at all the social media outlets, pay attention to the postings. If you can, take any course in a community college right now and just observe the retardation, you'll be amazed.

I think its higher. Its not even a reduced disposition. Its a general attitude. Its a mentality. They are not dumber, they are more retarded if that makes sense. Snowflakes or assholes.....normal people are in short supply. Being an asshole makes you will yourself into retardation like being a fanciful snowflake does. Its a dangerous situation for the rest. Makes survival mode kick in and noble sentiment fade away. Most dont even want to think about this though. They like to think everything is fine. Also IQ tests are BS.

This rings true to me the most.

It's not really about IQ, I believe it's a combination of IQ and EQ or otherwise known as Aptitude. Some people may have higher IQ but very low in EQ, some higher in EQ but lack in the IQ department. Some, certainly not all, lacks in both areas.

There are some dumb people around though, I said this in another post, one of my friend's children was in their college class, I believe it was either Biology or Anthropology, can't remember.

But there was a girl in there, who was totally shocked to learn that Mermaids are not real. I mean, this student was so upset that she almost threw a fit when everyone around her started to laugh about the fact that she believed Mermaids were really real. When asked how she arrived at the believe, she simply said, she saw a documentary on either the Animal Planet or Discovery Channel called "Mermaids: The Body Found".

You know... sigh... I've just got nothing to say anymore. But I am on your side about the sheer stupidity of the general population..

I know people that I worry about as they are so stupid in my mind but can spend 10 hours a shift looking after the disabled or infirm, they can wipe an arse or be subjected to violence and abuse by the unstable and take it all in their stride.

Some people can fit shapes into other shapes and perform complex maths and still be retards.

I gave you 21 examples from my second post.

No, but rather someone who saw Scoobydoo and wanted to meet him in real life.

Sure, if that person can wiggle their toes better than I but fails to have an ounce of common sense or logic, I'm sure they're better than me as well?

This goes back to my message about IQ and EQ, thus Aptitude.

By the way, are you intentionally making spelling errors, then reverse and try to grammar Nazi me? Or are you just trolling?

Good luck with this as I have no reason to continue arguing with you. You win and well done, grab yourself a reward of your choice.

As to the spelling no. I made a typo, you managed to get it wrong.

See the first post I made on this about my major headshots and the fact that I have issues with simple things now.

Again good luck feeling all superior.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You have an IQ of 124

Per this test I have went up 3 points in 43 years.That is when my dad made me take the Mensa test.

edit on 4201631040320164 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 4201631040320164 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

Most times people are intimidated by what we feel is the simplest of actions because they have never performed them.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That was really a hard quiz!!! I'm terrible at number series and I think they had 4 or 5 of them. I really didn't think I scored above 120, but to my surprise my result was 125. I don't know how accurate that test is in measuring someone's intelligence. I think some intelligent people would have trouble passing it.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

When I hear people talk like this, I often wonder whether they would be willing to forcibly sterilize the less-intelligent themselves.

This maybe shocking to you, but yes. I will not breed myself if I'm still inclined to believe Santa Claus is real at the age of maturity.

Would you be willing to kick in the door of people you consider too stupid to have the very basic human freedom to procreate, then hold them down, or at gunpoint, and while they're kicking and screaming while you strip away the most basic of human instincts (procreation), forcibly sterilize them?

No I would not, and perhaps you've read too much into it or may be the way I spoke lead you to believe this. Like I said, some people are born over empathetic and gets a bit too emotional at times. Maybe I should stop too, as I don't know why but it's beginning to sound like I have a mission to kill all retards in this world.

People simply made a statement here, and then the empathy brigade came in with the Eugenicist crap...

If the answer is "no", then give up the rhetoric. If the answer is "yes", then, well, you're a eugenicist, and a danger to society, and humanity itself.

The answer is no, however, failing to understand how I'm persuading anyone here. I have my own opinions, while you have yours. We may not see eye to eye, but I'm certainly just making statements, not for a moment am I trying to change your way of thinking. Now if any of my posts seemed that way to you, I guess I apologize?

Like I said several times, some people can just be so overly sensitive maybe this is why we're losing whatever Freedom we may still have in this country.

Did you know that colleges around U.S. are now beginning to have "Free Speech Zones"? It's because people gets offended over the tiniest things they can nitpick on.

link   

So let's clean this mess up, my suggestion: if you are below 120 and have no significant talent: commit suicide, or at least please: don't procreate.

Well as you have just shown with that comment there are more ways of being intelligent than just IQ tests, I'd rather someone have average intelligence and high emotional and social intelligence!

link   

Well as you have just shown with that comment there are more ways of being intelligent than just IQ tests, I'd rather someone have average intelligence and high emotional and social intelligence!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Anyone else on ATS a little fed up with people thinking that IQ actually means something, like having a higher IQ makes you some how superior

Intellectually speaking , it does in certain situations.And I say this due to certain fields of employment , i.e the Tech sector for one,

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
According to the IQ test, I have a 141 which means I'm really good at IQ tests.

Anybody want to make some babies?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

I read through and didn't realize I had parroted something you said.

Sorry, take it as agreement with you

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Do you have kids? If so would you mind taking this quick test:
free IQ test

I've actually done an IQ in person before, which was 147, here are my results with this test

It's unfortunate that IQ tests aren't really a terrific way to evaluate intelligence, we still need to improve them significantly and include more factors, such as creativity.

As for the OP. I can certainly see how the average IQ is lower than previously held. There's quite an evident and intentional 'dumbing' of the education systems in many areas, particularly prevalent in North America. No 0%'s allowed, everyone gets a golden star even if the homework isn't handed in, everyone gets a participation medal, and the curriculum is clearly not very beneficial to what life will present to you.

There needs to be a massive change

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
According to the IQ test, I have a 141 which means I'm really good at IQ tests.

Anybody want to make some babies?

I'll light the scented candles and turn on some Berry White

edit on 15/3/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

How did you conclude I "like eugenics" from my post?

I stated a problem... solving that problem is the conundrum.. .no eugenic feelings offered, and I'm hoping someone is smart enough to solve that problem without drastic inhumane measures, myself.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Tell them womenz to line up.

I shall breed accordingly.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
All IQ tests measure is how well one does on an IQ test. There are numerous ways and environments that one can demonstrate ability and intelligence--this is what matters.

This needs to be understood first and foremost.

Kind of ironic that the OP didn't realize that...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
yeah because if we used more then 20 % percent of our brains it would be less

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join