It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some help with a recent PTSD diagnosis, please?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: errorcode

I appreciate the offer! I would welcome the information. Please feel free to message me. I have read about the EFT. My concern is that if I start to lay the baggage out freely that it might cripple me when I need to have some semblance of ability through this.

I'm am fully aware of how important it is. I just seriously need to function to coordinate this in my already screwed up state. Maybe if there is a coping technique to guide me through the transition until I can just let it all out?

We have even discussed simply renting a furnished condo in Kona for 6 months to a year while my husband gets established in his job, if he gets it, so that I can essentially be on vacation for that time. I can melt and collapse all I need at that point.

Not having the ability to talk this out for the last five years has bottled it up pretty tight at this point. I'm afraid of what the repercussions will be when the floodgates are opened.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom The vistaril is a take as needed... so if I feel like a panic attack is coming on, I just take one. I take one the moment I feel any anxiety building up and they do a good job, the only side effect is getting a bit parched.
I haven't been taking them too often... maybe that's because I've been supplementing with magnesium?

Be well!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Thank you, that's good to know!
I will have to look into it!

Be well yourself! If you ever need to talk, I am a u2u away!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wow!
This is exactly why I posted this!
I truly appreciate all of you, and this amazing community. It's not easy to reach out to people when you have withdrawn so much. You have all overwhelmed me this morning with such quick and sure support. If only all of the world worked this way.

((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))) to you all for turning my morning around today!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Good Luck! - I will keep this brief, take it for what it's worth- everyone has a different situation...

From personal experience I strongly suggest that you DO NOT tell anyone about your diagnosis. Sure, tell those that NEED to know (spouse, life-partner, hamster) - but do not tell co-workers, landlord, neighbors, or anyone else that has the potential to use this information against you in ways you never imagined possible.

Again, good luck. Please send me a PM if you want to discuss this further.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

EFT will support and give you strategies to help untangle things one at a time.
peppycat helped with the video I tried to post before ... its still here somewhere

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

That's a good call. People can be untrustworthy to say the least. Luckily I don't talk to many people. I will keep this in mind thank you. That's part of the reason it was easier to come here fairly anonymously.

I thank you and wish you the best!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I will look around for it, thanks! I will also look into EFT more. Anything has to help as long as I don't break yet. The idea of one step at a time is comforting and maybe could provide some relief. It's all scary honestly. I have finally reached a threshold though and something really needs to give.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I messaged you with some details, I hope you got it

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Those world's finest chocolate bars the kids at school are selling to help fund their teams can help with PTSD. There are also girl scout cookie disease going around. Then a good ice cream cone or rootbeer float in the summer can help.

Way cheaper than going to therapists.

Just add a couple of meals of potatoes to your diet each week and stay away from too much free and bound glutamate foods. Some is good for you, too much is bad. You can find lists on the net. Some glutamate is essential but too much can cause imbalances and increase things like stress or PTSD.

Also, too much food folate can make you crabby if you are not deficient. Kale and dark green leafy veggies can overwhelm you if eaten too often.
edit on 14-3-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You just made my day, chocolate has to be the answer!

Since my celiac diagnosis I have had to close my eyes and run past the Girl Scout table at the store. Luckily we eat a lot of potatoes since then as well. Maybe it's helped to buffer me to this point. Potato starch makes great gravy too.

I will check into the glutamate list. I have learned these last couple of years that diet is the best medicine of all. It's part of what makes me excited to move to Hawaii. I can grow all we need year round down there. And we can eat it fresh, it won't all be canned, frozen or dehydrated come January.

Response to your edit: you may be on to something there. I was severely anemic when diagnosed with celiac as well, and part of my healing process has involved mass amounts of supplements. Especially iron. Since I take it in a natural form I get good doses of folate, and b12 as well. Plus we eat dark greens on a regular basis. My recent blood work showed excellent levels of everything thanks to the regimine I've been on. You really gave me some things to think about, thanks!

edit on 14-3-2016 by woodsmom because: Response to edit

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Not yet.
And thank you!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I take one pill regularly, a multimineral tablet with molybdenum in it. If my breathing gets a little harder from eating too much sulfur foods, I take a secondary molybdenum mix pill. It works great in about five minutes. It helps to form COA in the system and to deal with sulfites and nitrite issues. It allows me to actually eat more green veggies since there is lots of nitrogen in green leafy veggies.

I am testing methyl B12 spray, which works great. And also methyl folate which takes away the inflamation from my joints. I have a 1298 Homozegous in my genes which means I need the methyl form. That form of folate is found in green leafy veggies but the nitrogen in those if eaten in high enough amounts I make too much nitrous oxide and it makes me light headed. I knew about the light headed before I knew of the reason it makes me light headed. I was aware of that light headedness over thirty years now and loving salads is a downfall with that. I also can;t eat much foods containing nitrites or nitrates but lettuce seems to be stronger than the foods containing nitrites because I love chef salads. According to my DNA I can process nitric oxide fine, but with low blood volume/ or anemia if it isn't low, I have to watch them. Tobacco also is not good, I do smoke but very little or I get light headed from that.

Now one daughter has a copy of each in this so she does not have a problem. When she took the three together, she got crabby and started bitching at the kids for messing up the kitchen and not doing what they were supposed to do. Now her boys are pigs, they do nothing and they make continuous messes. She and her daughter clean up after them. So she started to bitch at them, maybe I should have given these to her twelve years ago, the boys have become spoiled brats that make constant messes and expect women to clean up after them. Not something I think is good. She likes to be nice but nice sometimes is not good. You have to be able to teach your young to not take advantage of others niceness. Now, keeping this crabbiness inside could lead to PTSD like symptoms. Go out and yell at a squirrel. Maybe going deer hunting and shooting the dear ten times can clear up the PTSD, a different face on it everytime you shoot it.

I'm trying to figure out that but I can't take multivitamins because of that. Once a week is all I take them.

Everyone is different. We all have different ratios of enzymes we make and this is governed by our ancestors eating habits. The sulfur content of food has to be balanced. Fish is actually a food with naturally high sulfur in it, countering it with potatoes helps to balance it. You really should not eat too much more sulfur foods on a regular basis with fish. Balance it with nitrogen foods.

Now red meats need more sulfur and also salt to utilize their properties better. So onions or garlic work well with red meats and the salt is needed to process some of the components in it. How much depends on how much salt you excrete in your urine. How much you excrete is based on how much glucose or sugar you consume. Glucose helps to keep sodium from being lost. I do not eat much glucose foods. But chloride losses are always happening in the urine, that has to be replenished. Chloride is in salt or in veggies and also in some herbs. Chloride is also high in fish so you do not need as much salt with that.

If any of these balances get off, it can cause you to be anxious or depressed or cause a variety of problems with health. If you look at the medicines, they often have similarities. Lots are sulfur or nitrogen based and some utilize other ions. I've looked at the structure of many hundreds of medicines over the years. I have studied how they work and what enzymes or other targets they are trying to alter.

Too much sulfur foods can cause anemia. Too much nitrogen foods can cause irratic heart beat and destabalized blood pressure if too much sulfur foods are eaten on a regular basis. I am trying to define moderation and it is hard because some people do not break down nitrogens and sulfurs right, coenzymes of molybdenum are involved and these enzymes share the same element. copper is also important and this is found in organic form in chocolate. Now cravings are important, we need to listen to our bodies and pay attention to how foods really effect our minds.

I don't seem to have the genetics that make me more susceptible to celiac disease. I can get some other problems that are similar. My daughter has the IBS genes and she definitely has that and it is even diagnosed. I can't help her, she needs to evaluate things.

Boy did I get off topic on this one.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I knew you would get a lot of good advice and support in here. I can't really add anything myself. I just wanted you to know that I wish you the very best and hope that things change for you and get better. Hawaii sounds like heaven!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I've been taking some courses on cancer, four so far. I have been doing more research on this subject over the last three months, the courses are stimulating my interest.

Of course I will say my piece on the subject and to my surprise the instructors are actually confirming lightly what I am saying but are not rocking the boat too much, most of these classes are aimed at treating and explaining cancer, not actually preventing it.

Here is something I found, having the CDC guy saying that too much antioxidents can actually lead to cancer forming and spreading on DR. OZ led me to research why this happens. www.webmd.com...

Now this does apply to overconsumption of antioxidant foods also. We need to moderate it and moderation of it is based on variants we have in our methylation cycle. The P53 is a very important part of our body identifying cancer cells. There are other articles on this on the net also, many are government research articles.

Also, for immunotherapy they use alkylizing drugs to cancel out one of the weapons that cancer does to stop macrophazes from being silenced by the cancer.

It almost seems like Fad nutrition in our societies is setting us up to be customers of the Pharma companies. Evidence is being created that makes us look the other way. Sure it is good to cycle antioxident food chemistry in our diet but eating it every day just takes away our ability to fight.

Tomatoes are high in free and bound glutamates. Tomatoes are also high in sulfur. They also contain a scolopamine chemistry that can make us believe what is not true. The potato also has this chemistry but it also contains a replacement chemistry not found so much in tomatoes that gives an alternate pathway.

All food is drugs, why do you think that spaghetti makes you feel so good.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Treating Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) with EMDR

healthpsych.psy.vanderbilt.edu...

I used to suffer from multitudes of PTSD from different beatings I took from my parents.

I am a Survivor of severe child abuse, my case was as bad as the children that survived Auschwitz concentration camps in Germany.

When I turned 32 I put myself through 16 years of therapy. There was no fix for some of the PTSD, all the talking in the world could not help me.

However in my last few year of therapy I was introduce to a new therapist and he knew how to do EMDR.

Within on session in 45 minutes he was able to cure me of one of the most devastated PTSD and all the side effect disappeared.

EMDR really works I am living proof.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

Treating Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) with EMDR

healthpsych.psy.vanderbilt.edu...

I used to suffer from multitudes of PTSD from different beatings I took from my parents.

I am a Survivor of severe child abuse, my case was as bad as the children that survived Auschwitz concentration camps in Germany.

When I turned 32 I put myself through 16 years of therapy. There was no fix for some of the PTSD, all the talking in the world could not help me.

However in my last few year of therapy I was introduce to a new therapist and he knew how to do EMDR.

Within one session, in 45 minutes he was able to cure me of one of the most devastated PTSD and all the side effect disappeared.

EMDR really works I am living proof.
edit on 14-3-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Nah, not off topic. I love your posts, I always seem to learn something about the human system that never occurred to me before! I suppose finding the right balance of what we need is always important. Balance in food, in expression, in life.

I have to stoutly agree that while being nice is great, sometimes it's our job as mom to teach them how it really is. My boys can be pigs too, they always get to clean it up though. Even if it takes forever to make it happen. I swear they just don't hear me 95% of the time. The beauty of parenthood I guess. The little stuff has been getting to me very quickly though.

Rather than shooting something, my husband found me a punching bag cheap at a garage sale and then got me purple boxing gloves for Christmas. That helps a bit. I hate getting angry though. I know it's a part of life, but lately my fuse is just non existent. Rather than standing up for myself I have taken to hiding, choosing the flight response for some reason. It's completely against my nature, usually I'm pissing people off by telling them the blunt truth.

I still love the chocolate idea, I'm an addict. My sweet tooth has also disappeared in the last year too. This gives me a good reason to treat it.

Many hugs to you rickymouse! Thanks!
edit on 14-3-2016 by woodsmom because: Typo

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you Night Star!
Hawaii would be heaven! You're always welcome to visit! If anyone knows people working for the County of Hawaii maybe they can drop a good word for the guy applying from Alaska?
Maybe after some healing, when I get my inn/ b&b up and running I will throw an ATS party.🍾🍍🌴

Thank you for the peonies! I just realized how much I will miss them.

edit on 14-3-2016 by woodsmom because: Typo, my t doesn't always want to work.....

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I can help you recover from PTSD! Write me! Its easy, just takes dedication, and free! a reply to: woodsmom

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join