It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If every nation in the world allied and invaded the United States, would they succeed?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

I also think this rebellious traitor has been pushing for an armed response for a crack down,POKE after poke and yet we haven't moved.
It frustrates many I know.
Perhaps you MIght want to tell them about that TOO.
We are pros who hit when SHOOTING starts not when crazy people loose it unless WE CAN respond without collaterals, from bullet travel.
TO US the reasons are obvious ...training
I'm a scout and they think I'm crazy.

edit on 20-3-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If they developed the technology to stop the nukes then yeah its very possible to do so. Beside for such a thing to happen the US would have to do something really bad and we would only know about it when its too late and the military buildup is done. But then there's all the guns in the states which in the event of an invasion pretty much everyone would be able to defend there country.
It would be hard but it would be possible.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Ok lets take a look at what the Allied invasion of Japan was going take. And Japan was a broken and beaten nation by this point and a fraction of the size of the US.

6,000,000 men to invade Japan in WW2. Imagine the number of men needed to invade the US. I would guess at the low end 20 million. That is more men then world has China has 2 million, India 1 million, North Korea 1 million, Russia 800 thousand and the numbers get much smaller after that.

42 Aircraft Carriers, 24 battle ships, 400 destroyers - Because Japan still had some air force and 5 damaged carriers.

The US has 10 modern super carriers, 2 in reserve and 3 under construction. Each carrier has about 50 air craft.

The World has 10 carriers of various sizes combined they can field about 70 aircraft some of those are older Harriers and some very old A-4 Sky Hawks. Many of these carriers have never left their home waters and when they have, they had mechanical problems.

So how many aircraft carriers would be enough to take on the US fleet and US air force? 100? 200?

At this point we have just started and the numbers have already gotten beyond what is possible. The reality is that it simply can not be done.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I guess WE aren't what they think we are.
YOU ALL still exist as independent nations.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Have you been to Texas lately? And it seems as though when ever lately there has been a natural disaster, they are not out there doing relief efforts. But if you want to tie up militias and military, draw them away from where you want them to be. Plus there are strategic points to take, and in the state of Texas has one of them. Take one spot, and they have all that is needed to subdue a large population even the Texas guard.

Even Russia right now, is showing it can strike specific individuals in other countries, with no one to know or figure it out until it is too late, even in the USA.

And it would be more than Mexico coming up from the south, but a coalition of countries that would have joined together to defeat the USA.

Not all of those with 100 million would be so willing to fight, good chance that if there was an attack against the USA, only a percentage would be willing to go out and fight, leaving the rest to deal with the chaos, and try to survive. And if 2 or 3 of the necessary spots were gotten a hold of, then that would keep the rest from doing such.
You see, even the USA has a problem with certain unconventional weapons storage, and some of those are starting to deteriorate. Now this is public record, and they are starting to destroy the massive number of stock piles, but it takes time to do such safely, take one of those spots and all one has to do is blow it up, use it as hostage, and it would force most people to decide, fight or save the life of their families, who may or may not be out of harms way. And as these stock piles are located in one large area, it would not be too hard to cause problems.

Want to know what the sad part of this all, is that before 9/11 happened, less than 1% of the people, risk managers and analysist believed such was plausible or even possible. And they were considered fringe. The rest, 99.999% said it would not happen, and guess what, it did.

Human nature is a funny thing, as an individual, we are intelligent, and rational, but in a group, people change to more a herd mentality, spook the heard, and they scatter easily.

Not all intelligence is about military strength, or weapons, some parts are about people and the country, the population, what they are concerned about, their hopes and fears. And most good intelligence analysis will look at that, and those seeking to invade or start a hot war will use such to try to sway the local population to support them. You seem to put stock that people will come together, I am saying that if a coalition of countries were to invade, they will have already put wedges into the USA’s social fabric and seek to widen it to where a portion of the population would support such. And the USA has a large number of social problems which can and will be exploited.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: nito92

If the US was defeated it would have been planned by the World Powers that Be----Same folks that did all the wars starting back in 10,000 BC

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
In answer to your question:
I grew up in a military family, and did an additional 4 years in the military. My parents were associated with the military, and I met both military contractors and those in the military and got a good sense of what is and is not. Combined with simply watching the news and looking at what all is going on.

While Desert Storm may not have had the same number of physical casualties as was predicted, however, RAND may have been right as the number of those with mental problems is so far uncalculated, and the full extent may never be known. The VA is a joke at best, and those politicians who are so supportive of the military, when it comes to taking care of the vets from the shooting conflict, well that is another story, as it is pathetic. If you want to know how bad it could become, simply take a look at the Vietnam veterans that are still around. A good portion of them still do not get the care they need or the help. So while they may be physically alright, the mental damage is there and may never heal. They live in a constant nightmare of a governments making. And those who went to Iraq and Afghanistan, are starting to show the same trend and signs of a mental health problems. After all a high suicide rate among todays veterans does not bode well at all.

Go back to World War II. The USA saw that it could not fight on 2 fronts and win, so it first focused on the war in Europe and then the one in the Pacific. If it has fought both equally and at the same time, the outcome may have been very different. Even Germany lost that war in Europe, because it was fighting on 2 fronts and was working with a finite amount of resources for its war effort. If Japan had not attacked the USA, the War in Europe would have been different and a good chance that Germany would have controlled and won said war.

You put a lot on the US military; however, there are 2 things that are hampering the US military right now. One is congress, and the other is people. If I wanted to subdue the US military, any US military person, it is simple, why attack a soldier with a weapon, when his or her family would suffice?

Hunger or thirst can be a good motivator for forcing a population to yield, without firing a shot. Any who would attack the USA is not going to do a massive Normandy invasion at first, rather it is going to be key points, a black out here, a communications cut there, a shortage of food or even better, a shortage of fuel. I remember the long lines at the gas pumps in the 1970’s. Gas went up drastically, to the point where there was a lot of internal strife.
And to strike the USA directly, means that they would play on the social cracks and wedges already present. Know any group that feels it has been treated unfairly by the government, or has been demonized by the politicians? I can name at least 4 that have been. Know of any group of people who have been lied to and promises broken? I know of at least one group, that is not a small part of the population but a large number, and don’t you think that any military seeking to attack the USA would not know that, or even make them promises that they would at least deliver part on?

The reality is that since World War II, apart from the Cold War, the most that the US military has managed to do is simply draw in any hot conflict with very few wins under its belt. Iraq was a complete and utter disaster, and Afghanistan is not looking any better.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nito92

yes of course, just a few would be able to. Not guns blazing but tactical approaches the why not?

take out communications first, then the rest should be easy.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Qspeedyrock

Consider our dominance in the cyber realm as well. I am pretty sure we could shut down computer controlled power grids and water systems of these countries.

Game over!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

Have you been to Texas lately? And it seems as though when ever lately there has been a natural disaster, they are not out there doing relief efforts. But if you want to tie up militias and military, draw them away from where you want them to be. Plus there are strategic points to take, and in the state of Texas has one of them. Take one spot, and they have all that is needed to subdue a large population even the Texas guard.

I live about 35 miles East of Dallas,Tx.

And yes we get our share of natural disasters, but it seems that neither the Texas Guard, nor the National Guard are needed to help...it seems that Texans are resourceful, clever, and rather self-reliant...so all we need (so far) is local responders...such is our luck so far.

There are 27+ million people in Texas and something over 51 million fire arms...how big is that army coming up through Mexico? It will need to be the combined militaries of everything south of the Rio Grande IF you want to go through Texas. Anything else will only be a waste of foreign fire power.

You talk about stored munitions, and other "stock piles"; Son...you have to get to them first! And, do you have any idea how easy it is to shoot something out of the air? Either with a 12 year old and his 22 or me with my computer controlled fire control systems...you won't have much chance...

Cavtrooper wanted me to mention "skills"; my particular skills are advanced robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering...And, please don't be so foolish as to think you can deprive me of my technology...that would be a fatal mistake!

And, I'm sure that not all 100 million gun owners would join a fight; but then with those kinds of numbers, we would only need a fraction. Say 10%, would be an army of 10,000,000...you have anything like that?

And of those who don't take up arms, like myself, being kind of old an all (70)...as I indicated, we have skills...

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

So you are in East Dallas.

As I have pointed out, any invasion of the USA would have to be done in stages, and a lot of information gathered, and not all of it would be classified. Most would have to be simple stuff that everyone takes for granted and can easily find out.

You mention Dallas, the city that has a dam that if it fails will dump millions of gallons of water into the surrounding neighborhoods, communities and parts of north Dallas, causing chaos and mass deaths, due to a crumbling infrastructure? And then there are the mass numbers of overpasses and bridges in and around the city, that if they were taken down, would isolate the city further. Add in a failure of power and maybe communication, and for all of the technology that there is, the inhabitants would start to go into panic mode, making travel on the roads hard, if not difficult, trying to get out, and all it would take is a few shots and the city erupts in chaos, doing the job of an army for itself.

The last time Dallas was hit with something that was unexpected, the population went into panic mode, something that can be recreated and easily exploited.

Historically speaking, large cities, when it comes to military campaigns, are 2 things, hardest to pacify and easy to isolate. They have to import necessary resources that can be used to put a strangle hold onto a city.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

So you are in East Dallas.

No...a bit more east...

You mention Dallas, the city that has a dam that if it fails will dump millions of gallons of water into the surrounding neighborhoods, communities and parts of north Dallas, causing chaos and mass deaths, due to a crumbling infrastructure?

What dam would that be? There are several lakes near Dallas, any one of which can overflow and cause wide spread flooding...in fact that is exactly what did happen last year...several time in actuality. Caused billions in damage, only a few deaths. No chaos. And as far as a "crumbling infrastructure" goes...you must be thinking of a different Dallas. Cause you are not describing Dallas, Tx.

And then there are the mass numbers of overpasses and bridges in and around the city, that if they were taken down, would isolate the city further. Add in a failure of power and maybe communication, and for all of the technology that there is, the inhabitants would start to go into panic mode, making travel on the roads hard, if not difficult, trying to get out, and all it would take is a few shots and the city erupts in chaos, doing the job of an army for itself.

Again...you have to get here to do any damage! And, there are 5 million pair of boots in your way...Oh and you do know that Texas has it own power grid...right?

The last time Dallas was hit with something that was unexpected, the population went into panic mode, something that can be recreated and easily exploited.

The last time Dallas was hit with anything serious was only a few months ago ...Fall '15 if memory serves...and like the third of a series of rather serious flooding due to rain fall.

I don't recall any "panic" by any around here...course then again there was the tornados just a few weeks ago...actually picked cars up off the roads and threw them around...killed nearly as many as the flooding...

A point here is that; IF the world thinks about the US the way you think about Texas...the US is in absolutely no danger.

edit on 21-3-2016 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Lake Lewisville Dam. It is failing, the Army Corp of engineers have yet to do anything about it, and are still trying to figure out the logistics of such, including how to repair the dam before the side goes completely, causing far greater amount of damage, estimates is that the area where the breach would be, would suffer the greatest amount of damage. Course that is the immediate, as Lake Lewisville is also a major water source for parts of Dallas, a reservoir.

Yes I do know that Texas has its own power plants, a few that use's coal, as there are trains that deliver coal from out of state to the power plants in the area.

Course then there are the massive overpasses and bridges in Texas, that if they were damage would give a problem with transportation, shutting down major road ways.

After all the city and area had a slight panic with Ebola several years ago, hard to say what would happen in the event of an attack. Also Dallas/Fort Worth would not be a primary target, but a secondary target, as there are better targets that would be the focus for any attack.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If all nations were to attack the US. The US would first suffer a absolute blockaid. Within a year or two the Americans would start to Riot against eachother. Then a civial war would break out. Then all the nations would pick a side to be on and infiltrate that side's government and militarty. And from that point on the US is no more.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Cities, Stalingrad, Warsaw, spring to mind, Stalingrad held out with the minimum of re-enforcements, Warsaw did yield in the end, but both cities show what determination can do, New York being gun free might not last long, but I would not want to attack any Texas city.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
If all nations were to attack the US. The US would first suffer a absolute blockaid. Within a year or two the Americans would start to Riot against eachother. Then a civial war would break out. Then all the nations would pick a side to be on and infiltrate that side's government and militarty. And from that point on the US is no more.

Sadly, watching the last few weeks, and imagining what would happen if a bunch of miscreants didn't have their newly imported iphones to pacify them, you might be on to something.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

The US would first suffer a absolute blockaid.

Since the US is on it's own in this scenario...a blockaid is pointless as we would have nobody to trade with.

Within a year or two the Americans would start to Riot against eachother.

Because we could never be self sufficient if we needed to be. As for rioting, won't happen when we are defending our homeland.

Then a civial war would break out.

You don't know much about the US do you...because your making some pretty big assumptions there.

And from that point on the US is no more.

Have you forgotten what happened the last time someone tried to conquer what was the beginning's of the US...you know that little Revolutionary war...the one we sent England back across the pond, and we were just a rag tag bunch of fighters with no real military experience.

Now we have combat tested and well armed civilians that would just love to see someone try and take our homeland from us, and you think the US would be no more...that's funny.

Just look at it this way...no country since the Revolutionary war has ever tried to invade the US homeland and there is a reason why that is...logistics would be a nightmare for any and all countries involved.

The US would own the sea and air...so that makes flying in, or trying to bring ships close enough to the US coast pretty much makes those useless for any military action against the US.

SO in the end we would survive, and hand those trying would have a hell of a lot of soldiers bodies going back home.
edit on 21-3-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

So far they ALL seem resistant to reality of the simple FACT, Americans ARE EXCEPTIONAL .

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Since the US is on it's own in this scenario...a blockaid is pointless as we would have nobody to trade with.

The US would still be sanctioned With these blockaids.

Because we could never be self sufficient if we needed to be. As for rioting, won't happen when we are defending our homeland.

No, you wouldnt. And Riots would break out faster than you could imagine. The US is not capable of being self sufficient in a short time to sustain 300 million for a long time.

The only thing Americans will be defending, are them selfves form other americans. The present American attitude is me, my self and my Family. You would experiance a police state you have never imagined.

You don't know much about the US do you...because your making some pretty big assumptions there.

You got to be pretty isolated if you think being a american is such a big Secret. And the probability often taps a nerve since you chose to make a coment.

Have you forgotten what happened the last time someone tried to conquer what was the beginning's of the US...you know that little Revolutionary war...the one we sent England back across the pond, and we were just a rag tag bunch of fighters with no real military experience.

You seam to have forgotten when that tok Place. You Americanws are nothing like what Your forfathers were back in those times. That part of history will never repeat it self.

When you are hit With totall isolation reality will sink in hard. Out of 300 million how many do you think would be capable of sustaining their own lives safely?

Now we have combat tested and well armed civilians that would just love to see someone try and take our homeland from us, and you think the US would be no more...that's funny.

Dont imagine for a minut that this will be in Your favour. These individuals (government or local) will be used to sustain Resources from other americans. Property and such would be confiscated and much more to preseve order.

Just look at it this way...no country since the Revolutionary war has ever tried to invade the US homeland and there is a reason why that is...logistics would be a nightmare for any and all countries involved.

Yes, but i looked at it my way. It is how i would have done it. Why attack and invade a country that is so unstable within. The world could just use the mental attitude of americans so that they would end up fighting against themselves. Americans are mentally unstable and will fight anyone, even americans. Even Your legal system i set up such that killing Americans is justified by the People. Hell you People defend killing americans.

All we have to do is pick a side that give us a indirect opportunity to infiltrate and take over.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

You got to be pretty isolated if you think being a american is such a big Secret. And the probability often taps a nerve since you chose to make a coment.

And you will have to be rather arrogant if you think you understand America, and Americans. Unless you live here, you have absolutely no clue!

When you are hit With totall isolation reality will sink in hard. Out of 300 million how many do you think would be capable of sustaining their own lives safely?

When we are hit with total isolation...where are you going to get your grains? You know the US is one of the largest exporters of a wide variety of food grains...Did you know we pay our farmers to not grow so much...

None of us will have any issues sustaining ourselves. In fact, it would probably help some...all that manufacturing returning to the homeland and all...Just think of all the jobs!

There is this "thing" Americans do far better than any other micro-culture on Earth; "Come together in times of need" America did that when we kicked the Brits out...twice. The last time the country as a whole was called upon to do this was WW2...America entered that war as something like the number 6 military power. We emerged as number 1 and have held that place ever since.

Thinking that the isolation of America would cause great harm to us is foolishness, An isolated America means you no longer have access to our technological innovation, expertise, and more importantly...out technology...

(See that computer you are using...it was innovated in America...the manufacturer of the CPU is likely Intel...an American company. Who...will you find to replace Intel? AMD tried, and for decades most in the technology sector pointed an laughed...we've stopped now, not because AMD has proven themselves the equal of Intel, but because they have distinguished themselves with tenacity...(how typically American).)

So...out of our 330 million...I would expect many conditions to improve, Depending of course on how much external interference there is...I mean that if y'all try invading, start bombing, and such...you might find that all you will have done is awaken a sleeping Dragon...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join