It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will ATS shut down soon?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: cody599

Hahaha! Behave, I can see that for you, it's just the types who have been members for a year or two who say they were previously members since 2005 or whatever, I call bull#, or question why they were banned before!

So to galaga I ask what was your previous username?
I bet he/she will not reply or lamely claims they cannot remember

Edit to add.... 'Banned' doesn't necessarily mean your user name is wiped from the site, in my experience it was rendered useless and the only difference between being a member and non member was that I didn't see all the ads (how times change) but couldn't post or reply which most people would equate to being banned.

This exactly. On my Frankenchrist account I cant reply or send a message.

So you lost your posting privileges presumably for breaking T's & C's, then opened another account? Okay.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
I have noticed from last year up until now, after I joined, slowly less members are creating content with very much detail and research. Now most of the posts that pop up, are few and lack some interesting conversations.

Will ATS shut down because of this or is it just me?

As a lot of people have said, it is just you.

It is an election year so a lot of posts are going to be on political threads with trolls everywhere.
If you are not into politics, it might seem to have slowed down,
but that is just because there are more political threads taking over the spotlight.
It should go back to normal after elections..lol

ATS will continue to be what it is until the end of the internets.
c(_) *sip*

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

a reply to: cody599

Hahaha! Behave, I can see that for you, it's just the types who have been members for a year or two who say they were previously members since 2005 or whatever, I call bull#, or question why they were banned before!

So to galaga I ask what was your previous username?
I bet he/she will not reply or lamely claims they cannot remember

Edit to add.... 'Banned' doesn't necessarily mean your user name is wiped from the site, in my experience it was rendered useless and the only difference between being a member and non member was that I didn't see all the ads (how times change) but couldn't post or reply which most people would equate to being banned.

This exactly. On my Frankenchrist account I cant reply or send a message.

So you lost your posting privileges presumably for breaking T's & C's, then opened another account? Okay.

IMO, I felt I said nothing wrong. And a person read my post in the wrong way, or took it the wrong way. And why does this bug you so much?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

IMO, I felt I said nothing wrong. And a person read my post in the wrong way, or took it the wrong way. And why does this bug you so much?

It doesn't particularly bug me but you are breaking T's & C's having another live account.
We wouldn't have been having this conversation in any case if you hadn't celebrated your previous membership since 2005 like it meant something special.
You lost your posting privileges and opened another account. Personally I think that is sly and underhand, but hey, it doesn't bug me.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It doesn't particularly bug me but you are breaking T's & C's having another live account.
We wouldn't have been having this conversation in any case if you hadn't celebrated your previous membership since 2005 like it meant something special.
You lost your posting privileges and opened another account. Personally I think that is sly and underhand, but hey, it doesn't bug me.

" Like it meant something special"

Uhh, this is exactly why I was banned in the first place. You just proved my point. You read it in some snarky voice in your head. I was just stating a fact.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Uhh, this is exactly why I was banned in the first place. You just proved my point. You read it in some snarky voice in your head. I was just stating a fact.

You only have yourself to blame for losing posting privileges on your other account, nobody else.
But instead of negotiating with mods/admin you sneakily opened another account.
Yeah, I think that is sly, and if it was my site I'd ban you for that. I don't particularly like slyness.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

You only have yourself to blame for losing posting privileges on your other account, nobody else.
But instead of negotiating with mods/admin you sneakily opened another account.
Yeah, I think that is sly, and if it was my site I'd ban you for that. I don't particularly like slyness.

Did you not comprehend what I just wrote? I was not allowed to send a message. I was not allowed negotiate. I didnt sneakily open an account. I just did it. Dude, you kinda live in your own head dont you?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Did you not comprehend what I just wrote? I was not allowed to send a message. I was not allowed negotiate. I didnt sneakily open an account. I just did it. Dude, you kinda live in your own head dont you?

Yes I comprehend completely.
Last time I lost posting privileges I was still able to communicate with mods/admin. You clearly didn't try and chose the sly route.
Yes I would ban you for that if it was my site. I would expect you to negotiate a lifting of the ban.

It's like being kicked out of a nightclub and then sneaking back in through the window
...I'm loving the stars you are getting, is that you from another account through a proxy? Perhaps those starring you would care to comment?
edit on 11.3.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Yes I comprehend completely.
Last time I lost posting privileges I was still able to communicate with mods/admin. You clearly didn't try and chose the sly route.
Yes I would ban you for that if it was my site. I would expect you to negotiate a lifting of the ban.

It's like being kicked out of a nightclub and then sneaking back in through the window
...I'm loving the stars you are getting, is that you from another account through a proxy? Perhaps those starring you would care to comment?

You mad bro? And And I would like to thank anyone who gives me a star.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

I am neither mad, or your bro.
My reasoning is simple, you sneakily opened a new account after losing your posting privileges instead of negotiating with mods/admin for a return of said privileges.
It is not too far of a stretch to wonder how many other accounts you may be running on ATS.

You have proven yourself to act in an underhand manner circumnavigating site rules so my suspicion is perfectly reasonable.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

There are many, many people who have created an account after being banned or losing their login details etc.
Don't think it's against T&C or sly personally, owners and staff know it happens and so long as the new account doesn't break the rules or cause hassle, then there's no problem.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I am neither mad, or your bro.
My reasoning is simple, you sneakily opened a new account after losing your posting privileges instead of negotiating with mods/admin for a return of said privileges.
It is not too far of a stretch to wonder how many other accounts you may be running on ATS.

You have proven yourself to act in an underhand manner circumnavigating site rules so my suspicion is perfectly reasonable.

I think you are fuming , turning red, starting to get all sweaty in your basement. It bugs you so much. Thats how I see you in my head.

And I told you, I could not negotiate. Its like "Dang, this lil guy cant read".

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Maybe I'm old-school, but I think it's sly to open a new account without negotiating a return of posting privileges with mods/admin.
You may think it is not sly, but I see it as being kicked out of a house party then sneaking back in through the bathroom window

If you see it differently then so be it.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Maybe I'm old-school, but I think it's sly to open a new account without negotiating a return of posting privileges with mods/admin.
You may think it is not sly, but I see it as being kicked out of a house party then sneaking back in through the bathroom window

If you see it differently then so be it.

Actually it'd be like getting kicked out and then going and getting a haircut, putting on fake glasses, knocking the door and speaking in a fake accent and getting back in.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I think you are fuming , turning red, starting to get all sweaty in your basement. It bugs you so much. Thats how I see you in my head.

Lol, nope, I'm sitting in my own house chilling with the cat perfectly calm. I rarely get annoyed with usernames on the interwebs.

Strange, perhaps you failed to read my post when I stated that last time I got a posting privileges ban I was able to communicate with mods and negotiated the return of said privileges.

...calm down dear

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You see my point then...sly.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You see my point then...sly.

Not really.
It doesn't bother me nor ATS owners and staff in the slightest.
If people create puppet accounts and start talking to themselves or harrassing other members then yes, sly, underhand and against T&C.

Creating a new account when you have lost access to another is not sly or against T&C.
You may think or feel it is but in reality it's not.

If ATS wanted the person and not just the account gone then they'd ban IP addys or find other ways.

But whatever.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Lol, nope, I'm sitting in my own house chilling with the cat perfectly calm. I rarely get annoyed with usernames on the interwebs.

Strange, perhaps you failed to read my post when I stated that last time I got a posting privileges ban I was able to communicate with mods and negotiated the return of said privileges.

...calm down dear

Calm down? You really do live in your head and read my posts in a very angry or sarcastic way. and I told you and another member also stated that messaging and posting does not work. You may have had the ability to do so, I and others have not.

These are just facts, nothing more. And you are not old school. You have been a member since 2011.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
It doesn't bother me nor ATS owners and staff in the slightest.

When did you start speaking for ATS owners and staff fella?

If people create puppet accounts and start talking to themselves or harrassing other members then yes, sly, underhand and against T&C.

Agreed, absolutely.

Creating a new account when you have lost access to another is not sly or against T&C.
You may think or feel it is but in reality it's not.

That is your opinion, I disagree.

If ATS wanted the person and not just the account gone then they'd ban IP addys or find other ways.

Again, when did you become the ATS spokesperson?

But whatever.

Yep, we both have opinions, whatever.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Nope, perfectly calm, finding you rather amusing and entertaining to be honest.
...and I meant old-school as one who does not tend to be sly, following old-school ethical codes, apologies if I was unclear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join