It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah gay wedding expo connects couples, friendly businesses

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I cancelled my vendor's license a couple of years ago because I saw this coming.
I can't compromise my religious views to satisfy a secular society.A society that
is quickly falling to levels of depravity that has never been seen before.A society
that demonizes what is good and glorifies what is bad.
The nails around the coffin are nearly complete and this world is about to be judged.
Please,enjoy your victory while you can.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

...how is it at Westboro these days?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I cancelled my vendor's license a couple of years ago because I saw this coming.
I can't compromise my religious views to satisfy a secular society.

I respect that. In fact, I applaud your decision, because it takes the courage of one's convictions to put personal values before the almight dollar.

A society that
is quickly falling to levels of depravity that has never been seen before.A society
The nails around the coffin are nearly complete and this world is about to be judged.

As a Christian, I have to disagree. Jesus told us to love one another as He loves us. He also told us not to judge, and that we cannot understand "marriage" from a Heavenly perspective, and to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. When our judgment day comes, I don't believe for a minute that Jesus (or St Peter or whoever) will harshly judge us for loving and being good to others. I think many heterosexual couples have a whole lot more to worry about than committed, loving same-sex couples.

I really don't know what "victory" you are referring to. My apologies.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

whinging religious arguments lol

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

good choice, I hope you stay within your own home with all of your misery and hatred

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I like this idea a lot better than the one where someone gets sued out of a livelihood over a difference of faith and opinion.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I like this idea a lot better than the one where someone gets sued out of a livelihood over a difference of faith and opinion.

No one forced them to open a business.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I would have to ask you that if He defined marriage, first as God, and then again as Christ, since when did marriage stop being Heaven's and start being Caesar's?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

No one forces anyone to patronize a place that doesn't cater to you either.

Do buddhists seek books on bnuddhism at a Christian bookstore?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That has what to do with what?

Anyway, if all they sell is Christian books - - then they are not discriminating.

Every customer has the same right to buy any of their books.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Some do. Sorry if that makes you annoyed lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

That has what to do with what?

Anyway, if all they sell is Christian books - - then they are not discriminating.

Every customer has the same right to buy any of their books.

If all I sell is traditional wedding cakes for traditional wedding ceremonies, anyone is free to buy one of those.

Sorry, if your wedding is not traditional, I don't do cakes for those kinds of weddings. But that's not good enough. I get sued.

link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Why would it irritate me?

It might irritate the buddhist to discover the Christian book store doesn't really have much, but the point is that the buddhists do not turn around and sue them for not carrying buddhist books.
edit on 7-3-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Westboro baptist is a family passing themselves off as a church.They don't allow
anyone outside of their family into their "church".

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Me too!

I would have to ask you that if He defined marriage, first as God, and then again as Christ, since when did marriage stop being Heaven's and start being Caesar's?

I would say that neither God nor Jesus defined marriage... however, as soon as government codified marriage and granted civil -- not natural -- rights and privileges therein, it started being "Caesar's." Anyone can marry themselves before God and Heaven with no government intervention, certification, and/or privileges under the law.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

whinging religious arguments lol

Not to derail my own thread... and at the risk of revealing my ignorance(!)... what does "whinging" mean exactly? I've seen it before and at first though it was just "whining" misspelled, but I think it's more than that. I've tried to figure it out within its context, but I'm failing miserably!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Westboro baptist is a family passing themselves off as a church.They don't allow
anyone outside of their family into their "church".

Their 'free speech' is the same as anyone else though....that must grind the gears lol

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I don't know what Bible you read from,I read the KJV,NKJV and the Jewish New Testament.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I can't compromise my religious views to satisfy a secular society.A society that

There is so much subjective nonsense in this quote of yours. I'm sorry that you view homosexuality as depravity, seeing as it is entirely natural and widespread in the animal world (hint: we are animals too), and particularly that you have a stone-age death cult view of what is good and what is bad.

originally posted by: mamabethThe nails around the coffin are nearly complete and this world is about to be judged.

Sounds like you have already judged it.

It can't help but laugh at the fact that you have the word 'Queen' in your avatar. Opening yourself to mockery both at the double entendre and the ego...
edit on 7-3-2016 by aorAki because: stoner -> stone...oops lol

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Clearly (and sadly) the whole point of the bakery discrimination has gone clear over your head

*face palm*

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join