It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah gay wedding expo connects couples, friendly businesses

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Boadicea

So,I can assume you are interested in this new Bible I have heard that will be
gay friendly?

I hadn't heard of it, but sure I'll take a look if it comes to my attention, and consider their translation.... for the same reason I've looked at several Bibles and their differences. Even our translations are translations. To the best of my knowledge, we do not have any original manuscripts written in the original language of Aramaic. All are translations and subject to interpretation.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
I wonder how many of you would be losing your freaking minds right now if this was a straight wedding expo.

a reply to: NthOther

What about an expo for wedding suppliers (or whatever) that have explicitly shared Christian values?

I actually wouldn't have a problem with that. People specialize in different aspects of an industry all the time. (I understand others would have a problem though).

Would it be a problem for you?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Perhaps as people learn to Love, such 'ethics/Virtues' will grow naturally, from within.

Unfortunately, we cannot force people to love. I wish we could. The world would sure be a nicer place to live for all of us.

But until then, I'll be damned if I want to live somewhere where every low IQ ignorant bigot can determine for himself whether to serve me in a store based on his discrimination of my color, or mustache, or whatever is going through his tiny bigoted 'mind' at the moment that I just need to pick up a quart of milk and some bread!

Wouldn't you rather spend your dollars at a business that doesn't discriminate against your mustache? If you had a choice between spending your dollars at a business that welcomes everyone and their mustaches or a business that discriminates against you and your mustache, wouldn't you prefer to spend your dollars at the one that doesn't discriminate? Maybe even rub it in a little and wave your dollars at the other guy as you entered your business of choice?

I think we could just as easily reward businesses that choose not to discriminate out of their own free will, rather than punish, using the tax code or incorporation laws or something else, and achieve the pretty much the same results.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

if we let discrimination start a little bit with not serving gays/blacks, etc (yes I know there are other businesses that will that is not the point), then next will be the signs posted out front "no long-haired hippies need apply", "no blacks", "we do NOT serve gays", etc.

We need to respect peoples rights if we are going to open a public business, bottom line. It IS so sad that we need a law to enforce this.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Oh,please explain to me in a language that my aging,bigoted brain can understand
why I am an ignorant bigot? I am not going to judge you,you people take offense
to everything. I am just a voice on the web warning of the coming judgement,God
will be doing the judging.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Because you think that you deserve more rights than gays, I cannot explain it any better than that, sorry if you cannot understand.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Lol, you believe in a god?!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

So,I think that I deserve more rights than gays? Sorry,I haven't had my
morning coffee yet and I don't have any waders for all this bull you and
others are spewing.
I might be more inclined to listen if the gay community would focus more
of their attention on atrocities happening to gays and lesbians in other
countries.The only thing they are interested in,in this country, is their rights
to marry.
I focus my attention on those gays who are being murdered,tortured,hanged,
thrown off of buildings...I think THESE issues are far more important than others'
getting married.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

It IS so sad that we need a law to enforce this.

That's about it. I think we agree more than we disagree. We both see the same problem, but different solutions, and it probably has much to do with how we were raised. I come from a huge family, and we were basically taught to worry about ourselves, and to make sure we did the right thing. "It's a free country" and all that. I don't like forcing anyone to do anything, or punishing anyone for not doing something, because that can so easily be turned on us -- for all the wrong reasons!!! I'd much rather reward and benefit those who do the right thing for the right reasons, and turn my back on those who choose not to do the right thing. (I've always thought that's what Jesus meant when he said to "turn the other cheek.")

Let's hope that one day -- and soon! -- we all grow up and out of this, so that there is no problem... and therefore no solution is necessary.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I think we are the same on almost everything, except you think its ok for a Cake Baker to deny baking a gay wedding cake.

THat is a BIG difference.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I am not trying to speak for Veracity, or anyone else, but since it's my thread, I want to respond.

Your initial comment was to basically blame all gays for the absolute destruction of the world because -- gasp!!! -- they can now legally marry. And yet you play the innocent when called on it. Really? I gave you credit for having the courage of your convictions in putting your values before the almighty dollar. Was I wrong?

Jesus gave us one commandment: To love one another. That's it. To love. How many heterosexual couples do you know that have cheated on their spouse... or physically abused their spouse... or any number of other offenses? I don't believe for one minute that Jesus is going to judge a same-sex couple who love each other and are good to each other and take care of each other harsher than He will those who abuse each other. That's not who Jesus wants us to be, and I don't believe for a minute that that is who Jesus is.

Further, our creation -- by our Creator -- allows for homosexuality. It is found throughout nature and nature's creation. Homosexuals were not created in lab or in Congress or in any other manmade fashion. Homosexuality is part of nature, and therefore comes from Nature's God.

If -- and that's a very big "if" -- homosexuality is "wrong," it is a violation against God -- not you or me. And it will be handled by God according to God's will -- not yours or mine. If you know your Bible as well as you imply, then you know that it is not for us to judge, and it is not for us to avenge.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I think we are the same on almost everything, except you think its ok for a Cake Baker to deny baking a gay wedding cake.

THat is a BIG difference.

I understand why it may seem that way, but I really don't. I think it's silly and a dangerous combination of ignorance and arrogance for anyone to think that baking a cake for anyone for any reason is going to send them to hell. (Well, unless they're going to put poison in that cake!) I really can't even wrap my mind around that way of thinking. And I certainly don't want to reward them in any way for it... I just see the dangers of allowing our laws to start punishing people for such. I don't ever want to give anyone that kind of power over any of us. It's exactly that kind of thinking that allowed for the law to punish people just for being gay and denied them the civil rights and privileges of marriage that others enjoy.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Responding to your first point made as I haven't read the entire post...
I said that gay marriage was ANOTHER nail in the coffin NOT the only
nail.
You don't get it,none of you do.I care more for gays than any of you
shallow-minded people do.My heart goes out for those getting murdered
and tortured because there isn't anything I can do to stop it.
Homosexuality is a sin and sin corrupted creation*
* I am not saying that homosexuality is the only sin,just one of many.
My breakfast is getting cold...bye
edit on 8-3-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

***facepalm***

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Annee

I like this idea a lot better than the one where someone gets sued out of a livelihood over a difference of faith and opinion.

No one forced them to open a business.

No one forces anyone to patronize a place that doesn't cater to you either.

Do buddhists seek books on bnuddhism at a Christian bookstore?

That has what to do with what?

Anyway, if all they sell is Christian books - - then they are not discriminating.

Every customer has the same right to buy any of their books.

If all I sell is traditional wedding cakes for traditional wedding ceremonies, anyone is free to buy one of those.

Sorry, if your wedding is not traditional, I don't do cakes for those kinds of weddings. But that's not good enough. I get sued.

It is none of your business what the cake is for. Even if they tell you.

Most bakeries have a catalog of their standard cakes.

If a customer orders one of those cakes and you refuse to sell it to them - - that is discrimination.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Is there a link to this Gay friendly Bible?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I have changed my mind.
edit on 8-3-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Already off to a lulzy start just off the name alone, thanks.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Please, don't thank me for this one.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
haha, oh man.

Type Queen James into google image search.

Le Bron must be proud.

"we wuz queens"

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join