It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deuteronomy 32:8 Yahweh a Son of God (The Most High)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Y'all can deny the truth to support your personal opinions but the truth about Israelites henotheism won't go away. All you fundamental Christians have acted as I knew you would. I will stick with the truth , you can have your lies. My op speaks for itself and your inept rationalizing is impressing no one. I know I'm right, you aren't going to and can't deny that changing Sons of God to sons of Israel is deception at the highest levels intended to hide the belief in many gods at one point in time. Rationalizing is being dishonest you should just admit the truth and move on.

It was thousands of years ago, get over it. You can worship the puke Yahweh, I'm rolling with El, the Most High. You guys really don't know what you are talking about and are just a bunch of religious fanatics who hate the truth.

Good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sassanid

Are the DSS correct or wrong? That feeling you get when you can't answer a simple question ... itchy, sweaty ... bye troll.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I haven't run away, that makes you a liar and a person who denies factual history. You can't be very educated if you act so immature. I'm not running, I'm avoiding those who promote falsehoods. You can tell all the lies you want, doesn't faze me the least. You just are that guy who doesn't want his delusion shattered so you resort to personal attacks. Im laughing at you.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04See my op.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I knew he was in error but you can't tell this guy. Once he gets stuck on his "I am right and speaking truth" there is no way in. Under all his user names this is a running trait. Then he gets banned and starts all over under a new name.
edit on 6-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sassanid
a reply to: OccamsRazor04See my op.

I saw this ...

No non Catholic bibles use the ancient Dead Sea Scrolls, which are the most ancient we have.

So why not answer my simple question? Refusal to answer is an answer itself.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Don't hold your breath.

He still believes that the DSS contained all the Bible. He tells us to research yet he didn't do his about the DSS.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Don't hold your breath.

He still believes that the DSS contained all the Bible. He tells us to research yet he didn't do his about the DSS.

I used the DSS to disprove him.

His argument can't be defeated about "all the Bible" because you can just claim anything not in the DSS is made up and not in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

yep that is his MO

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

yep that is his MO

When I proved the DSS said there is only one God, Yahweh, he said he wanted to discuss a different verse. When I said this verse is in the DSS, is the DSS right or wrong .. he refused to answer, and ran away.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Thats not even in the bible I used and elohim is plural for gods. That is more proof that Yahweh was ONLY Israels god. El is supreme of the Elohim of which Yahweh is a member.

Thats what the passage you showed proves. It strengthens my case, thank you for your ineptitude.

Adonai is plural for "Lord" and yet is used to address individuals. This is because plural titles (and El is used as a title in the Tanach) are used as an honorific.

Adonai in that case, when applied to an individual, means "Lord of Lords". So it is obvious that when the word for 'God' when applied to a monotheistic God, meant "God of Gods".

Everyone already knows this, though, I suppose you do too, you're just trolling.

Actually if Adonai was plural for lords that would make the Jews polytheist. In the biblical Hebrew tongue anything with im on the end is plural. As in Nephilim, Elohim, goyim all plural. Jews have a prohibition against saying Yahweh so they substitute it with the singuular Adonai meaning lord.

Your wrong.

I am not wrong. Here's another cheery link (from a site explaining the Hebrew language) that explains things clearly.

(and in the English language, one would say: "you're wrong", an abbreviation of "you are wrong". Saying "your wrong" would imply that I am the owner of an object called "wrong").

I don't think you have adequately and ultimately proven your point in any of the threads you have authored to date. When you are refuted (often with adequate referential supportive links) your response is to just re-state your original opinion (unsupported by any new references or links). Then, you begin calling people liars, trolls or you say they are wrong. Personal attacks are against the ATS code.

Then you get banned and have to create a new logon, and you throw yourself once again against the wall of rational argument, where you failed so spectacularly before.

Here's an idea - try going legit. Stay on topic, argue your case civilly and cogently. Include referential links and the fine details that support your argument and you may change the minds of other posters. Give it a try!

They can't ban you for abiding by all the rules.

edit on 6/3/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Since his whole intent is to troll he would lose the purpose of posting if he did that.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

(and in the English language, one would say: "you're wrong", an abbreviation of "you are wrong". Saying "your wrong" would imply that I am the owner of an object called "wrong").

It could also mean your last name is wrong.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
His last name would be you are as well. He either owns a wrong or owns something that is wrong. Wonder if OP will clarify.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Ain't that the truth.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I wanted to verify your assertion. So I took the time just now to see where the NWT, the translation I shared with you, got its information, and this particular verse appears to be from the LXX.

But for the full list of source manuscripts used:

א (ʼAleph) Codex Sinaiticus, Gr., fourth cent. C.E., British Museum, H.S., G.S.
A Codex Alexandrinus, Gr., fifth cent. C.E., British Museum, H.S., G.S.
ad Aid to Bible Understanding, Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, Brooklyn, 1971.
Al Aleppo Codex, Heb., c. 930 C.E., Israel, H.S.
Aq Aquila’s Gr. translation of H.S., second cent. C.E., Cambridge, England.
Arm Armenian Version, fourth to thirteenth cent. C.E.; H.S., G.S.
B Vatican ms 1209, Gr., fourth cent. C.E., Vatican City, Rome, H.S., G.S.
B 19A See Leningrad.
Bauer A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature, by W. Bauer, second English ed., by F. W. Gingrich and F. W. Danker, Chicago and London (1979).
BDB Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament, by Brown, Driver and Briggs, Oxford, 1978 reprint.
BHK Biblia Hebraica, by Kittel, Kahle, Alt and Eissfeldt, Privilegierte Württembergische Bibelanstalt, Stuttgart, seventh to ninth ed., 1951-55, H.S.
BHS Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, by Elliger and Rudolph, Deutsche Bibelstiftung, Stuttgart, 1977, H.S.
C Codex Ephraemi rescriptus, Gr., fifth cent. C.E., Paris, H.S., G.S.
Ca Cairo Codex, Heb., 895 C.E., Cairo, Egypt, H.S.
D Bezae Codices, Gr. and Lat., fifth and sixth cent. C.E., Cambridge, England, G.S.
Gins. Massoretico-Critical Text of the Hebrew Bible, by C. D. Ginsburg, London, 1926.
Gins.Int Introduction to the Massoretico-Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible, by C. D. Ginsburg, Ktav Publishing House, New York, 1966 reprint.
Gins.Mas The Massorah, by C. D. Ginsburg, Ktav Publishing House, New York, 1975 reprint.
GK Gesenius’ Hebrew Grammar, by E. Kautzsch and A. E. Cowley, Oxford, England (1910).
Grn The Interlinear Hebrew/English Bible, Vol. I-III, by J. Green, Wilmington, U.S., 1976.
Int The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures, Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, Brooklyn, 1969, a word-for-word rendering from Greek into English.
It Old Latin Versions, Itala, second to fourth cent. C.E.; H.S., G.S.
J1 Matthew, Heb., edited by J. du Tillet, with a Lat. translation by J. Mercier, Paris, 1555.
J2 Matthew, Heb., incorporated as a separate chapter in ʼEʹven boʹchan [“Tried Stone”], by Shem-Tob ben Isaac Ibn Shaprut, 1385. Mss of 16th and 17th cent., Jewish Theological Seminary, New York.
J3 Matthew and Hebrews, Heb. and Lat., by Sebastian Münster, Basel, 1537 and 1557 respectively.
J4 Matthew, Heb., by J. Quinquarboreus, Paris, 1551.
J5 Liturgical Gospels, Heb., by F. Petri, Wittemberg, 1573.
J6 Liturgical Gospels, German, Lat., Gr. and Heb., by Johann Clajus, Leipzig, 1576.
J7 Christian Greek Scriptures in 12 languages, including Heb., by Elias Hutter, Nuremberg, 1599.
J8 Christian Greek Scriptures, Heb., by William Robertson, London, 1661.
J9 Gospels, Heb. and Lat., by Giovanni Battista Jona, Rome, 1668.
J10 The New Testament . . . in Hebrew and English, by Richard Caddick, Vol. I-III, containing Matthew—1 Corinthians, London, 1798-1805.
J11 Christian Greek Scriptures, Heb., by Thomas Fry and others, London, 1817.
J12 Christian Greek Scriptures, Heb., by William Greenfield, London, 1831.
J13 Christian Greek Scriptures, Heb., by A. McCaul, M. S. Alexander, J. C. Reichardt and S. Hoga, London, 1838.
J14 Christian Greek Scriptures, Heb., by J. C. Reichardt, London, 1846.
J15 Luke, Acts, Romans and Hebrews, Heb., by J. H. R. Biesenthal, Berlin, 1855, 1867, 1853 and 1858 respectively.
J16 Christian Greek Scriptures, Heb., by J. C. Reichardt and J. H. R. Biesenthal, London, 1866.
J17 Christian Greek Scriptures, Heb., by Franz Delitzsch, London, 1981 ed.
J18 Christian Greek Scriptures, Heb., by Isaac Salkinson and C. D. Ginsburg, London.
J19 John, Heb., by Moshe I. Ben Maeir, Denver, Colorado, 1957.
J20 A Concordance to the Greek Testament, by W. F. Moulton and A. S. Geden, fourth ed., Edinburgh, 1963.
J21 The Emphatic Diaglott (Greek-English interlinear), by Benjamin Wilson, New York, 1864, reprint by Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, Brooklyn, 1942.
J22 Christian Greek Scriptures, Heb., by United Bible Societies, Jerusalem, 1979.
J23 Christian Greek Scriptures, Heb., by J. Bauchet, Rome, 1975.
J24 A Literal Translation of the New Testament . . . From the Text of the Vatican Manuscript, by Herman Heinfetter, London, 1863.
J25 St. Paul’s Epistle to the Romans, by W. G. Rutherford, London, 1900.
J26 Psalms and Matthew 1:1-3:6, Heb., by Anton Margaritha, Leipzig, 1533.
J27 Die heilige Schrift des neuen Testaments, by Dominik von Brentano, third ed., Vienna and Prague, 1796.
JTS Journal of Theological Studies, Clarendon, Oxford.
KB Lexicon in Veteris Testamenti Libros, by L. Koehler and W. Baumgartner, Leiden, Netherlands, 1953.
KB3 Hebräisches und Aramäisches Lexikon zum Alten Testament, by W. Baumgartner, third ed., Leiden, Netherlands, 1967 and later ed.
Leningrad Codex Leningrad B 19A, Heb., 1008 C.E., H.S., Saltykov-Shchedrin State Public Library, Leningrad, U.S.S.R.
LS A Greek-English Lexicon, by H. Liddell and R. Scott, Oxford, 1968.
LXX Septuagint, Gr., third and second cent. B.C.E., H.S. (A. Rahlfs, Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, Stuttgart, 1935).
LXXא See א.
LXXA See A.
LXXB See B.
LXXBagster Septuagint (with an English translation by Sir Lancelot Brenton, S. Bagster & Sons, London, 1851).
LXXL Septuagint (P. de Lagarde, Göttingen, Germany, 1883).
LXXThomson Septuagint, translated by C. Thomson, Pells ed., London, 1904.
M Masoretic Hebrew text found in Codex Leningrad B 19A as presented in BHK and BHS.
NW New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, Brooklyn, 1984 revision.
P45 Papyrus Chester Beatty 1, Gr., third cent. C.E., Dublin, G.S.
P46 Papyrus Chester Beatty 2, Gr., c. 200 C.E., Dublin, Ann Arbor, Michigan, U.S.A., G.S.
P47 Papyrus Chester Beatty 3, Gr., third cent. C.E., Dublin, G.S.
P66 Papyrus Bodmer 2, Gr., c. 200 C.E., Geneva, G.S.
P74 Papyrus Bodmer 17, Gr., seventh cent. C.E., Geneva, G.S.
P75 Papyrus Bodmer 14, 15, Gr., c. 200 C.E., Geneva, G.S.
1QIsa The Dead Sea Scroll of Isaiah, Jerusalem, found in 1947 in Qumran Cave No. 1.
Sam Pentateuch in Samaritan, fourth cent. B.C.E., Israel.
si “All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial,” Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, Brooklyn, 1963.
Sn Hebrew Old Testament, by N. H. Snaith, Israel, 1970.
Sy, Syp Syriac Pe#ta, Christian Aram., fifth cent. C.E., S. Lee, London, 1826, reprint by United Bible Societies, 1979.
Syc Curetonian Syriac, Old Syriac, fifth cent. C.E., Gospels, Cambridge, England.
Syh Philoxenian-Harclean Syriac Version, sixth and seventh cent. C.E.; G.S.
Syhi Jerusalem (Hierosolym

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

He'll probably tell you he's read and has copies of them all.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Since his whole intent is to troll he would lose the purpose of posting if he did that.

Yes, but we can all troll back, hard!

In this war of attrition, we will always win because his(?) argument is weak and he(?) will once again get banned.

P.S: I know it is presumptive but I have assumed a gender for Sassanid (I think, vaguely, that he may have referred to himself as male under a different pseudonym and he chooses masculine names). Apologies if I have offended anyone, it was not my intent.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

It could also mean your last name is wrong.

Well, I suppose it could be.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

He seems to think we don't know who he is as far as his ATS history goes.

I hope I don't know him personally but I sure do know his ATS Character

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join