It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deuteronomy 32:8 Yahweh a Son of God (The Most High)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sassanid

Deuteronomy 26
18 Yahweh has declared today that you are a people for his own possession, as he has promised you, and that you should keep all his commandments. 19 He will make you high above all nations that he has made, in praise, in name, and in honor; and that you may be a holy people to Yahweh (Yĕhovah) your God (elohiym), as he has spoken.

From the DSS. 4q33 Qumram cave 4. Yĕhovah and elohiym referring to the same person, one God, not Two.

Explain?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: SassYurianid

Deut 26:19

Your ignorance is shown. DSS unequivocally state Yahweh is the only god, and el is a title not a name. I just proved it, you have no response, you are just a troll.

I'm not ignorant at all. You haven't even remotely done anything but insult me. I provided 3 versions of the same verse all saying different things. Anybody with a brain can see the deception and that you make unsubstantiated claims.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sassanid
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Prove it, show us. If what you say is true post Deuteronomy 32:8 from the Scrolls. Otherwise your making unsubstantiated claims.

Source.
www.deadseascrolls.org.il...
dssenglishbible.com...

Goodbye troll.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Are you saying the Dead Sea Scrolls are wrong?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

a reply to: marg6043

Agreed. That's why I only use bibles translated from the Dead Sea Scrolls, they are the oldest in the world. When you realize how much older El is than the cult of Yahweh, it's damn obvious what happened. Israel incorporated Yahweh into El, but when Deuteronomy was written they believed in El Elyon and Yahweh as Father and Son. Christian's HATE this fact and will say ANYTHING to deny the truth which I find abhorrent. Honesty SHOULD be a Christian virtue, but we know it isn't. Star for you.

Here's a link to Exodus 6:3 from the Dead Sea Scrolls, translated into English, that directly refutes your OP.

But you already know this.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I already sourced the DSS and refuted him, he got so mad he went off on tangents and could not stay on topic. Trolls often times lack that ability.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

is that you could show him all the different titles of EL, ELOHIM,ELOY as God and JHVH as God and he still will call us ignorant.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Thats not even in the bible I used and elohim is plural for gods. That is more proof that Yahweh was ONLY Israels god. El is supreme of the Elohim of which Yahweh is a member.

Thats what the passage you showed proves. It strengthens my case, thank you for your ineptitude.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Thats not even in the bible I used and elohim is plural for gods. That is more proof that Yahweh was ONLY Israels god. El is supreme of the Elohim of which Yahweh is a member.

Thats what the passage you showed proves. It strengthens my case, thank you for your ineptitude.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Thats not even in the bible I used

You just told me you used the Dead Sea Scrolls. Are you saying the Dead Sea Scrolls are wrong?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

AND you only showed 26, I was at 32:8. WRONG PASSAGE.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

a reply to: ChesterJohn

False. An entire old testament was found, not just Isaiah. What your thinking is Isaiah was the most in number of copies found. You are being dishonest or are wrong.

Regardless, the section this thread is dealing with was found, and seeing as my bible says that every book minus Esther was found, and this bible was commissioned by a Pope to correct this newly discovered deception by the Masoretes, I will believe the bible AND the archeologists and translators who say that a complete Old Testament was found over a fundamental Christian.

It is not true that an entire Tanach (Old Testament) was found in the DSS. Here is a list of the Qumran texts which contains tables of the verses they cover - on Wikipedia.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Your being deceitful, you posted Deuteronomy 26, while Im at 32:8

Quoting the wrong passage isn't fooling me. I said my bible used the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Greek and Masoretic. You are such a deceptive s.o.b.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

AND you only showed 26, I was at 32:8. WRONG PASSAGE.

False. Dead Sea Scrolls. Are they right or are they wrong? Simple question, wonder why a troll like you won't answer.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Your being deceitful, you posted Deuteronomy 26, while Im at 32:8

Quoting the wrong passage isn't fooling me. I said my bible used the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Greek and Masoretic. You are such a deceptive s.o.b.

If what you are saying is someone went through and took only the parts that match what they want to believe you have no point. If you are saying the Dead Sea Scrolls trump other texts, then I just proved the DSS support my position, not yours, and you have no point.

Either way you already lost, and your obvious trolling failed.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Sorry Christians, El existed LONG before Yahweh, and this is a fact. NNothing you do or say will change that. If you want to believe in Santa it's of no consequence to me. When a Christian starts insulting you is when you know your right.

Have fun with your denial Christians. I roll with the truth.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Goodbye. Trolljob failed. You lose.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Adonai is plural for "Lord" and yet is used to address individuals. This is because plural titles (and El is used as a generic title meaning 'God' in the Tanach) are used as an honorific.

Adonai in that case, when applied to an individual, means "Lord of Lords". So it is obvious that when the word for 'God' when applied to a monotheistic God, meant "God of Gods".

Everyone already knows this, though, I suppose you do too, you're just trolling.

edit on 6/3/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Adonai is plural for "Lord" and yet is used to address individuals. This is because plural titles (and El is used as a title in the Tanach) are used as an honorific.

Adonai in that case, when applied to an individual, means "Lord of Lords". So it is obvious that when the word for 'God' when applied to a monotheistic God, meant "God of Gods".

Everyone already knows this, though, I suppose you do too, you're just trolling.

Actually if Adonai was plural for lords that would make the Jews polytheist. In the biblical Hebrew tongue anything with im on the end is plural. As in Nephilim, Elohim, goyim all plural. Jews have a prohibition against saying Yahweh so they substitute it with the singuular Adonai meaning lord.

Your wrong.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

He already ran away because he had no response to my proof from the DSS he was wrong. No need to lure the troll back with something he can keep arguing.
edit on 6-3-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join