It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Branded ‘Racist’... School Mistakes Exfoliation Masks for Blackface (Hilarity ensues)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
ERRRRRRRRRRRRMAGERRRRRRRRRRRD RUN FOLKS RUN!

It's the evol Bosia black facial mask!!

www.sephora.com...

And kids looooooooooooooooooove to post pictures throwing the deuce sign.

For fuq's sake, this really was a thing? Like get the internet all riled up kinda thing?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

As for the previous comments you made regarding blackface in general, you're making a vast, VAST leap going from, say, Mickey Rooney or Al Jolson doing a character on screen or even a pair of college kids taking a selfie to acts of violence. In fact, I'd argue that if you are willing to equate verbal and physical caricature, even mockery, with hatred and violence then the BLM movement needs to be looked at pretty damn stringently over the recent spate of police being targeted by acts of violence, because when A equals B on one side of an equation, it has to equal B on the other side, too.

For Mickey Rooney and Al Jolson doing a gig is just a gig if it happens to dehumanize Black folks that wasn't their concern it was just the norm..kinda like calling a grown man perhaps a grand father BOY! it was done without further thought, but then Black folks should lighten up, is there a correlation between those images and contempt and even hate?? yes there is, we used such images of our enemies effectively during WWII, it conveys a message, BLM and police shootings wrap them in a blanket fryem like bacon is the cause of a up tick in violence to police, I say no, while BLM focus on police violence through documentation and protest they are not the cause off it, that have been building up for a very long time before BLM was even a concept.
One Stunning Photo Is Turning
America's Racist History on Its Head
mic.com...

Warning !!about the link above side nudity of male is shown doing violence to a Klans man, but it evokes negative feelings in some, and why would that be?? because images trigger emotions every good ad agency knows that.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

It's no secret that the US has had issues in regards to race, our gov't passed laws to stop it...

Did it stop? NO... why? because our gov't doesn't live in our neighborhood...

If you are genuine, in your effort to STOP this, you wouldn't link to mistakes of the past to promote your position...

The past is ugly, the future can be beautiful... as long as folks discuss today, and not the scars of yesterday...

Before I leave, NO I am neither White or Black or whatever the agitated want to classify themselves.....

I am me.... and I do my best everyday, to make things better than the day before... focus on one step forward....

not two steps back...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

If you are genuine, in your effort to STOP this, you wouldn't link to mistakes of the past to promote your position...

The past is ugly, the future can be beautiful... as long as folks discuss today, and not the scars of yesterday...

I have to link to the past to make my point , how else does one explain the continuation of much of the same stuff as before, Black folks are always the ones being asked to to let it go, but yet it is those others that won't allow Black folks to do just that , knowingly or unknowingly they kept yanking that old scab off and not letting the heal take set.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

I have to link to the past to make my point , how else does one explain the continuation of much of the same stuff as before, Black folks are always the ones being asked to to let it go, but yet it is those others that won't allow Black folks to do just that , knowingly or unknowingly they kept yanking that old scab off and not letting the heal take set.

I know right! Those dang facial treatment masks just holding the black man down!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Spider879

I know right! Those dang facial treatment masks just holding the black man down!

Depending on if they were being cute and clever like the vid of the teen girls above.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Um, maybe they are uncomfortable? That doesn't = racism.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

The irony of your argument...using what one group did to justify your reasoning to what you think another group did...based on race.

We have word for this...it's on the tip of my tongue.....damn....

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I stopped by this thread to see where it had gone from where I left it.
The progress has not been felt or read..
You're not going to get anywhere with this - they currently have a pact mentality
and know damn well that those kids were ill intent.
Truth is they just don't want those didindus to be pointed out.
People are more than happy to tell black people that the way to beat racism is to ignore it and forget it
all the while screaming to the top of their lungs "white guilt" and using terminology like anti-pc to
excuse the furtherance of racism and prejudice.
You see all those people having a laugh at "it's just a facial cream" - that's their sly way of telling you
to F YOURSELF and to deal with it.
They're the ones that tell you "yes, racism is still around but it's not that bad" - To them I say go copy and paste the comments section of any story involving a black person whether good or bad.
# - just go visit glp - a site that supposed to be dedicated to finding the truth but feels more like a
lynch mob.
There are even those joking about "I guess now tanning will be considered racist too." Think of the mentality of
a person/people that would parallel these actions with that.
On stormfront though - and you'll find this amusing - They actually do argue about whether or not tanning is
white shame.
I would suggest to you to let them dance and laugh merrily and later cry and feel hurt when things like
"knockout games" and white officer slayings happen "for no reason"...

KEEP THAT REBEL FLAG WAVING....

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I haven't read through the entire thread yet so I apologize if this has already been posted, however, the 'PC' crowd must find Germans and Dutch people extremely racist. Just google 'Zwarte Piet," which is a companion to St. Nick - white people will paint their faces black for the occasion (and no it is not actually racist, though I believe it was fairly recently that this became controversial and some people were looking to ban the holiday practice or some such). Oh my.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JustAnObservation

I don't think they have black people....That would be the only way they can do it.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: unicornholiday

Well, black people exist in Germany and Holland as well as I know from living there. But my point is I don't see why painting ones face black is being interpreted right off the bat as racist? Seems silly?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Too neatly done?? WTH! DUDE, have you yourself ever tried to get any kind of facial mask crap out of your damned hairline after it dries? It's applied exactly how I apply mine if I'm not hopping in the shower afterward (otherwise, if I plan to shower, I just smear it on everywhere)

And they don't look embarrassed to me at all. Tired & probably a little drunk at best.
This PC obsession can crawl back up the butt it fell out of.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustAnObservation

Well, black people exist in Germany and Holland as well as I know from living there. But my point is I don't see why painting ones face black is being interpreted right off the bat as racist? Seems silly?

Racism isn't interpreted the same around the world as it is in the United States.
Let's not be silly about this - racism although real everywhere is alarmingly
high and intense in the States.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Too neatly done?? WTH! DUDE, have you yourself ever tried to get any kind of facial mask crap out of your damned hairline after it dries? It's applied exactly how I apply mine if I'm not hopping in the shower afterward (otherwise, if I plan to shower, I just smear it on everywhere)

And they don't look embarrassed to me at all. Tired & probably a little drunk at best.
This PC obsession can crawl back up the butt it fell out of.

You're right we should segregate water fountains again and stand against all political correctness..
If we're going to do it - let's do it right...Let's also build a wall to keep mexicans out, they're stealing our jobs.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Well let's also consider this recent article from the NY times (researching the subject will yield many other sources).

For this to be so controversial is insane, and while the US and Europe are different yes, I do believe it is ridiculous to say that painting ones face or wearing skincare products is racist in EITHER location. I mean, that's taking a serious problem and minimizing to ridiculous nothings. In which case people will stop taking said problem seriously.

(I sincerely apologize if this is the incorrect way to post a link)

edit on 24-2-2016 by JustAnObservation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Care to explain what segregation has to do with a facial mask?

No, really. Instead of pushing random buttons to push them, actually explain this. Should be fun.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustAnObservation

Just but let's also consider this recent article from the NY times, but researching the subject will yield many other sources.For this to be so controversial is insane, and while the US and Europe are different yes, I do believe it is ridiculous to say that painting ones face or wearing skincare products is racist in EITHER location. I mean, that's taking a serious problem and minimizing to ridiculous nothings. In which case people will stop taking said problem seriously.

(I sincerely apologize if this is the incorrect way to post a link)

We just have different opinions on the matter.
I believe the kids knew what they were doing.
Are steel toe white lace members? Probably not.
Why is it okay to be funny racist but not funny anti-semetic?

Oh well - I'm done with this thread.
I'm sure another will pop up along since it's the new anti-pc thing to do.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Care to explain what segregation has to do with a facial mask?

No, really. Instead of pushing random buttons to push them, actually explain this. Should be fun.

What is there to explain to you? You want to follow the path that it was just skincare.
Nothing fun about it.
Way to cherry pick...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

So, the general translation here is more or less "I got nothin'. Just throwing random ish at the wall to see what sticks."

Kind of a typical tactic lately, that's moving beyond grasping at straws to clutching at thin air.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join