It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Branded ‘Racist’... School Mistakes Exfoliation Masks for Blackface (Hilarity ensues)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Love to pick that idiot Chancellor's brain (what little of it, there is) for her opinions on:
-Spray-on tans
-White women hair-styling afro's
-Black women straightening their hair

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

lol ok, so if it was completely covering their face it would be even MORE black face

So how does THAT logic work?

Because it looks like they painted each other's faces, as opposed to actually doing an exfoliation - IMO.

That's how that logic works...

edit on 23-2-2016 by BestinShow because: kill an S and give birth to a D..!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It's a sign of the times when kids need to protest facial-care products in the absence of anything else. In other words, things must be going good.

colored people are so sensitive! its like you have to tip toe around them at all times!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: unicornholiday
a reply to: GoShredAK

When you let one go you must let them all go.
I'm glad that you have a resilient sense of self and are not bothered by white
people demeaning you and placing you as an inferior product.

You stated you are darker - do you mean black? and I would like your honest thoughts on something - have you ever been curious as to why when people state they are anti-pc they are more likely to make incredibly racial/prejudicial comments under that defense? That's always what I find more amusing with the political correctness movement.

Hispanic/Cherokee.

I can't answer your question, I honesty hate when people have more concern with others then themselves. (Referring to racism and prejudice) Did I make an incredibly racist or prejudice remark? I don't think so, and I rarely will.

I can admit I, like most other people I know, have been indoctrinated with a racist or prejudice mindset. I've been surrounded by that ignorant mentality.

What's different for me is I have been around this world, thus a bit cultured. I've interacted with several different races and demographics.

What little racism I may have is overpowered by my natural compassion and humanity.

Many people embrace and live out their stereotypes so there is truth to racist ideas, there should not be hate though.

As for why people who claim to be anti PC are actually the worst? I don't know, isn't that how it usually goes?

Like a Christian proclaiming how godly and righteous they are, but we all saw them at the bar with a hooker last weekend........
edit on 23-2-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

Eta: oh yeah! A little late but, welcome to ATS!
edit on 23-2-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Uh...oh...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Uh...oh...

Fairly certain it was a facetious post but it's interesting that you thought otherwise!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Because college kids never troll?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: unicornholiday

The girl though - she was down! for it....

Maybe she's just "representing" for her "home girls".
She is also "flashing" the "peace, out" sign, thereby establishing her "street cred".

Maybe in your safe space she is flashing a peace sign, but in certain parts of the world palm-in V doesn't mean 'peace.' Chortle!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Wow.

They looked too uncomfortable? Seriously? Have you ever used a mask? They freaking ARE uncomfortable. They tighten your whole face. AND you aren't suppose to smile, or make other expressions. (wrinkles, kiddies.)

And Painted? too perfect? Looks exactly like how I apply mine.

Jesus.

Maybe they did do it on purpose, but the above reasons for believing it are just stupid.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So if they had green face masks on,they would have been called xenophobes.You know, an insult to the aliens.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Uh...oh...

Fairly certain it was a facetious post but it's interesting that you thought otherwise!

Interesting, why?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Sorry, I couldn't resist--I had to make this.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Because you thought it was a serious comment, you replied to it and your response was "uh oh." I don't feel like I'm assuming too much in believing that the complete thought there was something alone the lines of, "uh oh, now you're going to get it." (from the PC thought police maybe?)

Maybe I'm wrong?

If I'm not, then I find it interesting that you remarked and that was the particular sentiment you chose to communicate. Not "now that's racist" or "hey, that's uncalled for" or any of a number of things that would indicate even a sliver of disagreement.

I suspect that this sort of reaction (underreaction?) is as much a PC reflex as the Chancellor's overreaction — in either case, people conforming to the expectations of their own political tribe.

As I said, maybe I'm wrong but I thought it was an interesting choice of comments to make.
edit on 2016-2-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Do you know HOW a facial mask works?

Per the instructions, you remove any cosmetics, start w/clean skin...apply the mask AVOIDING the mouth and tender area around the eyes. ALLOW THE MASK TO DRY. Once dry rinse off...ie, w/an exfoliating mask at this point, during the "rinse off" a gentle scrub (utilizing the exfoliating micro beads) would also take place.

To paraphrase Freud, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Kollege kids are still in the optimum acne stage of their lives. Really. This is bizarre and the paid school official needs, at a minimum, "re-educated."

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

lol ok, so if it was completely covering their face it would be even MORE black face

So how does THAT logic work?

Because it looks like they painted each other's faces, as opposed to actually doing an exfoliation - IMO.

That's how that logic works...

Lesson of the day?

People see racism where they WANT to see racism

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Thanks for your full-bodied explanation. I've been around long enough to recognize facetiousness when I encounter it; On occasion, I've been known to engage in it, myself.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Thats all Cultural Appropriation!!

So triggered now guys!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I, personally, would like to extend my full appreciation to Chancellor Beverly Kopper for her reaction to the face-mask racism. There is one more university that I can cross off the list of schools I would pay to send my kids to in a year or two without leaving my home for a college visit. Yay for not having to drive to Wisconsin.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You know, is it permissible anymore to honestly not give a tinker's damn whether they were exfoliating or imitating Al Jolson in the Jazz Singer? Who cares?

It's either skin health or caricature, either way it really doesn't matter. This PC bullcrap is only matched by the phony "anti-PC" bullcrap that tries to rationalize, excuse, or deflect criticism that is invalid to begin with. The university official needs to STFU and do her damn job, overseeing the educating (not doctrinating or opinionating) or college students. The kids involved need to go about their business, ignoring the critics and telling anyone who decides to be offended "Oh well, guess that's a 'you' problem, isn't it?" and be done with it.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
To all the ignorant posters suspicious of these kids for not smiling or for "looking uncomfortable". One of the basic rules of this type of treatment is to not move facial muscles by smiling or laughing.

3. try not to laugh, smile, talk or move your face in any way once the mask has set.

Because the mask sets on your face. By that I mean it goes hard.

littlegirlswithgreatbigdreams.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join