It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Branded ‘Racist’... School Mistakes Exfoliation Masks for Blackface (Hilarity ensues)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

...and we haven't even gotten started discussing African-American Mimes!
t.fod4.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

...and we haven't even gotten started discussing African-American Mimes!
t.fod4.com...

The trifecta of offensiveness.........shivers.....

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: unicornholiday

Even if it is technically racist, which I believe it is, technically since I too feel this was intentional, does it matter?

At the very worst what they're doing is kind of rude and only makes them look stupid, anyone feeding that has joined the stupidity.

Maybe they had innocent intentions though, and just maybe they were actually exfoliating, we don't know.

Eta: I wanna delete this cause I don't like how I worded it. Basically what I am trying to say is racist or not, unless it's a freaking hate crime we should all STFU and expend our emotional energy elsewhere.

Lame people are lame people regardless of pigment. Vice versa.

HAHA Nah those kids aren't really racist...They just thought it would be funny to make a racist statement.
It got over their heads and blew up in their faces.
Are they hardcore cross burners? Not even close.
I just don't want there to be some unanimous decision on these didindus nonsense that they were innocent of their intention.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

No one said anything about your disposition to race..

Yet you claim that people defending them:

Nah the people defending those two didindus know exactly what the score is.
They're just doing it to play devils advocate...They've lost their confederate flag

So there again your projecting that those defending them are just racist Confederate flag wavers....
you know exactly what you are insinuating........

Infact theres more basis to assume your own predisposition to racist rhetoric, just by your posts, than there is ANYTHING to assume this act on campus was racist what so ever

Telling me i'm wrong doesn't make you right.

Screaming racism when there is absolutely no grounds for it , other than your own assumption because you saw something black on someones face , doesnt make you right.......

You have nothing to contradict my opinion and the context you speak
of was in direct reference to this threadso valid to counter.

The Irony in this statement is hilarious given your posts on this thread thus far

You do understand how context works right? (It's not just a word)

It seems to me youre the one having the issue with that

REBEL YELL

More innuendo .........cute

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It is kind of amazing how you seem to see a whole lot from nothing, yet haven't actually noticed what the young man is trying to hide.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Dude you just learned to differentiate you're and your.
Are you really going to try to analyze me now? pfft
Let's just let it go bud.
For those that the shoe fits for they'll wear it.
If you're not one them - than not directed at you.
On "context" : OK - you spin it any way you want.
(You realize the irony in using the context of my comment to your context, right?
)
What's wrong with the rebel yell? Just pretend i'm listening to Billy Idol just like you're
pretending they didn't know what they were doing.

Either way this merry go-round stop here....Great talking with you sport...catch on the next thread.

edit on 23-2-2016 by unicornholiday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Dude you just learned to differentiate you're and your.
Are you really going to try to analyze me now? pfft

This is what you have for substance? You were complaining about a posters lack of debate skills and this is what youve got?

For those that the shoe fits for they'll wear it.

Except that , again, there is no "shoe" to fit when all you have is an accusation of racism where its unfounded.....

If you're not one them - than not directed at you.

Says the person claiming this was a racist act when it wasnt an act directed at you, hypocrisy?

What's wrong with the rebel yell? Just pretend i'm listening to Billy Idol just like you're
pretending they didn't know what they were doing.

Like youre pretending that your comments about Confederate flags and "rebel yells" werent intended to insinuate anything?

Either way this merry go-round stop here....Great talking with you sport...catch on the next thread.

I look forward to it "sport"

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda
Grrrrrr....PC!

Biore (a skin care company) makes a CHARCOAL face mask as CHARCOAL draws out impurities (gunk from clogged pores--dermatologically known as blackheads, that term, I'm sure, is not permissible anymore.)

CHARCOAL is used, for its same ability, to purify water, to absorb toxins taken internally (charcoal tablets they are swallowed), etc.

Now if they are used a green clay mask (Queen Helene makes an amazing one) would these kollege kiddies be accused of being insensitive to Martian life forms?

PC is truly insane.

The green mask from Queen Helene is awesome!

But seriously. If skin care products are now going to be dragged into the arena of racial intolerance, what's the solution? Some kind of bright artificial coloring to hide the original color of the mud or clay? Kind of like the bright colored pieces on toy guns to differenciate them from the real thing?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

Careful, you are treading thin ice there.

Remember cosmetics are all deception. That rosy cheeked, red lipped lass in the corner is just a bland imperfect person when she wakes up.

I'm just going to throw out there that getting a tan should be racist now.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I'm just going to throw out there that getting a tan should be racist now.

Its going to be called Racial appropriation and banned soon

Irony is , they didnt have any issues with the head of that NAACP chapter being white while claiming to be black lol, or the White guy claiming to be black heading up the BLM movement

IRONY

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

It's so nice to hear from someone who's not jumping on the racist bandwagon at the least provocation; I've never understood it myself and I'm from Mississippi!! Thank you for a few words of clarity and levelheadedness. Much praises on you!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Yeah, he's thinking "my buds are gonna see this and they will never let me forget it."

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This. This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Ever.

I k is what kind of mask that is and it is very deep cleaning.

Maybe that is why they were uncomfortable, not because they are racists.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I did not read the thread, I heard the news. I think it is ridiculous!

I watch Big Brother (don't judge!), anyway I get the live feeds, this past year there was a girl who would put that face mask on almost every night, when she first started doing it, others who were watching the feeds were very quick to say things like "OMG she's racist!" "Why is she is black face?" etc... When they saw that it was something she did ALL the time they stopped.

People need to grow thicker skins!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
yeetc.files.wordpress.com... RACIST!!!

trend2wear.com... RACIST!!!

samaraashley.com... RACIST!!!

stacidaniels.files.wordpress.com... RAAAAAACCCCCIIIIISSSS . . . . . . . . Oh wait . . . .

This Chancellor owes a very public apology to these students, and the school should be paying their tuition for at least a semester. Being publicly labelled a racist can be extremely damaging to ones reputation and affect student's potential safety, social life and even job prospects, and this stupid Chancellor wants to pawn it off on them? Are you effin serious? "You're White, so you're not allowed to use skin care products that make your face look dark or black because black face has been used by racists a hundred years ago"

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Here is why I don't think this kind of thing is a joke, I have my theory of why they did it but it's only a theory, now let me go on as to why, most white folks can choose to care or not to care about things like this because it doesn't do any them any harm, some, especially the young may have absolutely no idea of the history behind such images as Blackface which is just one of a whole laundry list of things meant to strip black folks of their humanity but most blacks are acutely aware of what it means.

The blackfaced images as produced in America have a long history in American racism, what's more this kind of imagery was exported around the world telling people who may not know what a black is that these people are inferior and is to be treated in a manner that we treat them, yes even today it's not uncommon to see such images on products for sale the locals may or not draw any lessons from it but it's there non the less.

Carnival games in the 19th and early 20th centuries highlighted and exploited white people's hostility toward blacks. Presenting African Americans as willing victims of white aggression made the violence seem normal and legitimate. Games like The African Dodger, also known as Hit the Nigger Baby or Hit the Coon, which used actual human targets, were commonplace in local fairs, carnivals, and circuses. Sometimes a picture or model of an African American was used instead, but the message was clear -- unprovoked violent aggression toward blacks was the social norm
www.ferris.edu...

Now those kids were they being innocent with their face thing waddever that crap is?? maybe , but I think they set a clever trap and the admin walked into it, the National Review and by extension the O.P then have some sorta moral high ground sneering at those who they think are being P.C ..a lot of folks here will say why can't "they" just get over it..and I'll say we will get over it when those types stop being such fukwiths.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

It is a facial mask. It is a cosmetic technique. It is quite common and comes in many colors depending on what you are using. If, as another poster referenced, yours happens to be a charcoal facial mask, then it will be black. There is no avoiding it. And in order to use it properly, you sort of have to put it on your face. There is no avoiding that, either.

I think black women tend to use them too.

I also think some people are too quite to see racism where it may not actually be because of things that were done in the past.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I know it's a real product and I am leaving the possibility that it's just a thing, but I cannot ignore the possibility that they didn't do this for kicks.

In much the same vain as this, and a lot more out there, were these millennials vicious racist?? maybe not maybe not , but lacking common sense ?? yes and will cause folks who may not find it funny to getup in their faces, let me say it again alot of white folks think stuff like this is just harmless fun..but it is about as funny as a swastika is to some one who is a Jew.
edit on 23-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
but lacking common sense ?? yes

Uh, that kind of goes along with the fact that those girls young teenagers. If teens had common sense, the voting age wouldn't be 18 and they could legally drink before they're 21.

It is an odd world where we deem someone too young and dumb to handle booze or smoke a cigarette, but hold them fully accountable for behaviors and words which cause NO physical or monetary damage to anyone essentially the instant they're old enough to figure out how to take a selfie on a camera.

As for the previous comments you made regarding blackface in general, you're making a vast, VAST leap going from, say, Mickey Rooney or Al Jolson doing a character on screen or even a pair of college kids taking a selfie to acts of violence. In fact, I'd argue that if you are willing to equate verbal and physical caricature, even mockery, with hatred and violence then the BLM movement needs to be looked at pretty damn stringently over the recent spate of police being targeted by acts of violence, because when A equals B on one side of an equation, it has to equal B on the other side, too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join