It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 178
<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

True..........BJ would need BREXIT party MP's to form coalition.

Nigel Farage ‘offers Boris Johnson general election pact’ but only if he ditches Theresa May’s Brexit deal

www.msn.com... 8s?li=BBoPWjQ

Going to be very interesting.
Shame this thread has lost contribution - some other threads were spammed all over the site in support of remaining in the EU.
Think I will keep my comments here.

For a GE, Boris will need a majority if he introduces a bill this week... to do that he can write the actual date into the bill, thus removing the excuse from Corbyn that Boris could move the date.

Corbyn will fight like crazy to avoid a GE

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
For those REALLY looking into what is going on with this new 'stop the no-deal' bill, the extent to which it forces decisions onto the Prime Minister in the negotiations with the EU leave the bill wide open to legal challenge that could land in the Supreme Court.

Do not be surprised if the Govt challenge the bill and delay it's passing until way after 31st October.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Oh what a day. Talk about Night of The Long Knives. This could be the day of the silver spoons. Boris Johnson is really playing the dictator.
Let's make thing perfectly clear, ALL the deals and negotiations are Tory deals. No other party was allowed into the process. Ms May did offer (at the death) but the deals were already set in concrete so stop blaming Labour for their failures.
They had a majority in the house yet could not pass anything. Now you can harp on about the "remain" conservatives muddying the waters.
And just to point out Nigel Farage and his Brexit party has absolutely NO POWER in the UK parliament to offer any power as they do not have even one MP.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Oh what a day. Talk about Night of The Long Knives. This could be the day of the silver spoons. Boris Johnson is really playing the dictator.
Let's make thing perfectly clear, ALL the deals and negotiations are Tory deals. No other party was allowed into the process. Ms May did offer (at the death) but the deals were already set in concrete so stop blaming Labour for their failures.
They had a majority in the house yet could not pass anything. Now you can harp on about the "remain" conservatives muddying the waters.
And just to point out Nigel Farage and his Brexit party has absolutely NO POWER in the UK parliament to offer any power as they do not have even one MP.

You can tinker around the edges, trim it, pretty it up some .....But

There is only one answer...... The people were asked and they chose

LEAVE they weren't asked "how do you want to leave"

The majority of politicians who want to remain (for whats in it for them)

are the ones muddying the waters and doing EU masters bidding.They forget

They are the servants of the people NOT the servants of Brussels

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

Oh, but they WILL after the next election! That's why the Labour Party is running scared of one, pretending that they want first a no-Brexit bill to be passed, when they really don't want an election at all because they are low in the polls, were wiped out in the recent EU elections and know that the Brexit Party will take many Labour seats whose voters are angry with the party's support for a new referendum.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

I believe that BoJo's plan was to reach a new election, quickly. There are two outcomes (usually):

- (1) he wins: Okay, the people want his course, full no-deal-brexit ahead!!
- (2) he loses: phew, now its another persons problem!!

He could not lose with a new election, right?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: micpsi

I believe that BoJo's plan was to reach a new election, quickly. There are two outcomes (usually):

- (1) he wins: Okay, the people want his course, full no-deal-brexit ahead!!
- (2) he loses: phew, now its another persons problem!!

He could not lose with a new election, right?

Even if he doesn't care about outcome 2, so what?
Parliament have spent 3 years stalling (actually worse than stalling - they've been doing everything they can to cause chaos for political purposes).
Isn't a General Election the perfect solution? The country can choose between Johnson and Corbyn to take control of the process.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I said this many, many moons ago. Ms May went for a GE with the intentions of losing and BJ is doing the same. There was no way that the Tories should have won the GE under May and it surprised them when they won by a small majority.
The name of the game for them is to drop the hot potato to Labour so they can lay ALL the blame on them for the next 4 years. No matter who is in power we are truly in the cess pit. This is not scaremongering, the politicians know this and for some unknown reason the populace (with it's head up it's ass) keep screaming "we voted leave, so leave even with no deal" in "we can deal with this" BS.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I doubt that the Conservatives wanted to lose the GE then and they cretainly don't now
Johnson needs a majority of 20-30 seats from a GE and then we can do what we should have been doing for 3 years... Tell the EU that we are leaving with no deal IF they do not give us a good deal.
As for the effects of no-deal, they are way overplayed by fear mongerers. Even the Bank of England are now saying they overstated the impact, have revised it down and have gone on to say it could be revised down even further based on the preparations.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: crayzeed

I doubt that the Conservatives wanted to lose the GE then and they cretainly don't now
Johnson needs a majority of 20-30 seats from a GE and then we can do what we should have been doing for 3 years... Tell the EU that we are leaving with no deal IF they do not give us a good deal.
As for the effects of no-deal, they are way overplayed by fear mongerers. Even the Bank of England are now saying they overstated the impact, have revised it down and have gone on to say it could be revised down even further based on the preparations.

I wish I could remember who it was, but because of the subject I was sure it would

be repeated..... but it wasn't so I cant give links. It was an interview by a news

reporter with an MEP of one of the EU countries and he said the EU and Barnier did

not want a no deal but would take it to the wire in the effort of not giving too

much away.

The fact that I never saw it again makes me wonder if he was silenced and all

relating footage burried as the EU are not exactly trying to meet us half way

edit on 5-9-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Did anyone watch Question Time last night?

Emily Thornberry (Labour MP) says she wants to take no-deal off the table, extend the Brexit deadline, then have a general election. If Labour win, they will negotiate a new Brexit deal with the EU, give us another EU referendum with the choices of either their deal or remain, and she will then campaign to Remain! Voting against her own deal...

How ludicrous is that?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
You have to respect Boris for his commitment to deliver BREXIT (a LEAVE version) and honour the referendum result come what may.

Boris Johnson plotting scheme to render EU ‘no longer legal’ in desperate bid to escape Brexit trap

www.msn.com... BBoPWjQ

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Brexit vote news LIVE: Boris Johnson meets Leo Varadkar in Dublin to discuss Brexit impasse

www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Just brilliant.....

Revealed: Boris Johnson 'will sabotage Remainer plot by sending letter requesting Brexit extension to EU as new law requires... then send ANOTHER explaining why they should ignore the first'

www.msn.com... w-requires-then-send-another-explaining-why-they-should-ignore-the-first/ar-AAGZVbr?li=BBoPWjQ
edit on 9-9-2019 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Boy the EU are desperate for us to accept the current deal on the table...............

Brexit news latest: Guy Verhofstadt joins calls to refuse delay unless deadlock is broken

www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Just brilliant.....

Revealed: Boris Johnson 'will sabotage Remainer plot by sending letter requesting Brexit extension to EU as new law requires... then send ANOTHER explaining why they should ignore the first'

Lol!! Isnt that precisely what the remainers keep bringing up? Anyone can change

their minds.......

Nice one Boris!

edit on 9-9-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Just say he didn't know what he was writing the in the first letter.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
BERCOW has resigned and will step down as speaker on Oct 31st.
What a total scumbag... rushed through legislation and then runs away from his decision.
I suspect he knows that all the back room conversations he had with one side of the Brexit debate will be uncovered.
Let's hope the next speaker is non partisan.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Its all pointless what they do because the end game is a coalition BREXIT government who can change the no deal BREXIT law.

Boris Johnson loses sixth vote in six days as election bid fails

www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Parliament prorogued: Chaotic scenes as MPs stage symbolic protest against shutdown in Commons

www.msn.com... WjQ

<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join