It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Corinthians 15, Where Does Paul Get His Info?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

No, you don't have to write your own bible because someone else put all the falsely translated words into it you happen to like.

I am not the one who decided that it was okay if some of the things written in your translation weren't actually there, you are.

I WILL call you out on that, and I am just fine with being judged by this measure - remember God said let the church judge the church

" Do you not judge those who are within the church?"

Look, biblical prophecy is something that can be discussed as a theological topic of discussion.

But if you want to teach others to accept the truth of the bible, then you need to do it first. Lead by example, you cannot deny the original Greek over your translation simply because your ears like to hear those words. Rather, your ears should want to hear the Word in Truth, and your heart love it because it is truth.

You sir, stand in utter hypocrisy when you tell people to accept the Word of God, when you yourself refuse to do the same!

I have certainly never seen anything like this. It is beyond my comprehension!

edit on 29-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I will give the most simple answer to this question so everyone understands. Saul is a liar. No more, no less. It's not complicated to understand that adding to Jesus teachings after he is dead and risen is the job of a cult leader. Saul started the first christian cult.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: nenothtu

I prefer to believe God is a god who keeps his word and preserved his words as he promises. AS I said if he can't keep his promises then he is not worth following.

So I believe God Preserved word is correct in preserving all his words in the Holy Bible I have and hold in my hand everyday, than in the multitude of bibles men have created over the last 200 years that have removed verses, words, sections, phrases, that have caused more confusion and division.

So because of what you prefer to think about God means it's true? What is so difficult about realizing that God gives man free will and because of that we have the ability to lie, cheat and steal in the name of God.

Having this ability applies to the bible, as the virgin birth was never prophesied by Isaiah and that particular prophecy was fulfilled IN THAT generation. Once a prophecy is fulfilled that is that. Also, Isaiah was talking to a human and not the fabled Lucifer of Catholicism. This has been proven beyond dispute. Well, at least to the educated folk.

So the bible is not a perfect book of facts and things that really happened, errors and contradictions abound in the bible. The truth is hidden to the profane and only a wise man can untangle it and find God's message in it.

The rest are blind followers of human tradition.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gezus

So, you got banned as Barzini www.abovetopsecret.com... and now your back and trying to join this thread. Why don't you go back to that thread to discuss Paul?

Simple answer, No, Paul is not a liar and he did not make up any cult.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kitana

So, you got banned as Barzini www.abovetopsecret.com... and now your back and trying to join this thread. Why don't you go back to that thread to discuss Paul?

Simple answer, No, Paul is not a liar and he did not make up any cult.

First, I am brand new and don't know what you are talking about.

Second, that is YOUR opinion, which is not fact. I don't care what you think.

Liar is what I think of when I think of Paul, and he is a liar. Read the bible sometime.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I do read the bible, and yes you do have a new account, that is certain. Your speaking style is identical, which is why I say that.

Since this thread is not about a general statement that "Paul is a liar" it is a specific question about a specific passage written by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15. Is there a specific question you have concerning Paul, because generalized statements don't promote discussion.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kitana

I do read the bible, and yes you do have a new account, that is certain. Your speaking style is identical, which is why I say that.

Since this thread is not about a general statement that "Paul is a liar" it is a specific question about a specific passage written by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15. Is there a specific question you have concerning Paul, because generalized statements don't promote discussion.

Nope. But I don't care what you think. As to whether or not this is the appropriate thread, the question: From were did Paul get his information?

My answer is he made it up out ofthe thin air.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

What information are you speaking of specifically? Is there a verse, or a question in there that you feel disagrees with the bible - the parts not written by Paul?

Because, Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit speaking to people.

"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you." John 16:14-15

If the disciples of Jesus denied his ministry or the followers of Jesus (early Christian's) then there might be something wrong with what he was teaching because there is always confirmation by another that the Word of the Lord was actually heard. We see here the Christians at Antioch confirming Paul's ministry:

Acts 13:2-3 While they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them." Then, when they had fasted and prayed and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.

And Paul's apostleship having been a directive of God and the Holy Spirit, was confirmed by the disciples of Jesus also. And they knew Jesus and His teachings:

Acts 15:22-27: Then the apostles and elders, with the whole church, decided to choose some of their own men and send them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas. They chose Judas (called Barsabbas) and Silas, men who were leaders among the believers. 23 With them they sent the following letter:

The apostles and elders, your brothers,

To the Gentile believers in Antioch, Syria and Cilicia:

Greetings.

24 We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. 25 So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul— 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing.

Therefore, what Paul taught and heard was confirmed. So he was teaching in accordance with God's Word. Do you have a specific question concerning what Paul taught?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

I am not even going to address any of Gezus stuff

As far as you opinion of me and the Av that ok.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

He's banned again anyway.

Look - I have a question. It's one question, and I am asking one answer to it.

Do you understand, that the Old Testament was written in Hebrew (Jewish Rabbi's later translated that into Greek, which is called the Septuagint because its a translation from the Hebrew), that Jesus spoke in Aramaic, and that most of the New Testament was written in Greek, because that was the common language?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Yes.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Okay good. Now, I have another question for you.

Do you understand, that good translations from the original Greek, are meant to convey the meaning of the Greek words, into the common language that people speak and understand (whether the translation be into English, or Chinese, or any other language) - while still, of course, keeping the Greek meaning in tact?

edit on 1-3-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

when you find an Original OT and NT in Greek then lets talk. Once you can verify is an original and or a copy that can be verified by an Original.

My faith is in God keeping his word to preserves all his words forever

edit on 1-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Of course I do. By death of Christ I am obviously talking about his crucifixion.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join