It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Corinthians 15, Where Does Paul Get His Info?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

The preserved word of God found in the Holy Bible says, they are the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God. So it is not what men call them but what Gid inspired them to be called.

Kingdom of God quotes

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
Matthew 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Matthew 21:31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Mark 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
Mark 4:26 And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;
Mark 4:30 And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?
Mark 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.
Mark 9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
Mark 10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Mark 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
Mark 10:23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
Mark 10:24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
Mark 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Mark 12:34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.
Mark 14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.
Mark 15:43 Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.
Luke 4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.
Luke 6:20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
Luke 7:28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.
Luke 8:1 And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,
Luke 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
Luke 9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
Luke 9:11 And the people, when they knew it, followed him: and he received them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing.
Luke 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
Luke 9:60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
Luke 10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
Luke 10:11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
Luke 11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.
Luke 12:31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Luke 13:18 Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?
Luke 13:20 And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Continued Kigdom of God quotes

Luke 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
Luke 13:29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
Luke 14:15 And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.
Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Luke 18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Luke 18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
Luke 18:24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
Luke 18:25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Luke 18:29 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake,
Luke 19:11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
Luke 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
Luke 22:16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
Luke 22:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
Luke 23:51 (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them
he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the kingdom of God.
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Acts 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
Acts 19:8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.
Acts 20:25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.
Acts 28:23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
Acts 28:31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.
Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
1 Corinthians 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Colossians 4:11 And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.
2 Thessalonians 1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Kingdom of Heaven quotes

Matthew 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Matthew 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Matthew 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
Matthew 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
Matthew 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
Matthew 13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

continued next post

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What is to be gleaned from the biblical narrative, in my opinion, is to stop looking for a "king" (Messiah) to fight your battles for you, die for your sins.....

I can wholeheartedly agree with that statement, but we probably reached that conclusion independently by radically different paths of reasoning.

You can't put "God" in a box, but God is everywhere and is manifest in everything, even boxes. So, yes, "God" always gives us what we want, take, make, demand, etc.

I can only respond from subjective experience, which isn't much use to anyone else, but from where I sit, God has decidedly NOT given me everything I wanted or demanded (which, looking back, I'm pretty thankful for), but has always managed to provide what I need, whether I liked it or not.

The "Kingdom" has always been within. But, mankind has always tried to establish "Heaven on Earth" from without and through force, citing God in every endeavor accomplished, lamenting God's absence in every failure.

Which brings me back to my original question. If "The Kingdom" is within, or a spiritual matter, why would physical wants of a Earthly, physical political structure have much of an impact on it, much less tie God's figurative hands and hold God hostage to human desires for a Messiah of that nature? Are there other things folks can twist God's arm to get?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Kingdom of Heaven quotes continued

Matthew 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

Matthew 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
Matthew 13:45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
Matthew 13:47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
Matthew 13:52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.
Matthew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Matthew 18:1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
Matthew 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.
Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 20:1 For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.
Matthew 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
Matthew 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Matthew 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

You will notice, that the kingdom of heaven quotes are all restricted to the Gospel according to Matthew as found in the preserved word of God. A kingdom book about the kingdom. Were similar verses from the other gospels place God in the same narrative means that their is a spiritual aspect to the earthly Kingdom to be noted.

You will notice that Paul speaks of the Kingdom of God, because he leads people to this spiritual Kingdom that is within us under the Gospel of the grace of God.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I thank you for the gathering of quotes into one place for ease of comparison, but I'm still failing to see the differences you discern there - in particular, where in Matthew is that kingdom (which is apparently restricted to that book only) specified to be an Earthly physical polity to differentiate it from the "other", spiritual, kingdom?

ETA: And where in Matthew is it specified to be in the distant future, rather than in the now?

edit on 2016/2/23 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

It is not something I can teach you but the Holy Ghost who compares spiritual to spiritual that you will have to apply yourself. But a hint is that the heaven is a created place. Everything under the current creation is corrupt. The promise of an earthly Kingdom is promised to Israel via Abraham, and it is fulfilled in Rev 19-20 and it only last 1,000 years then the great white throne Judgement. After that the Kingdom goes into its eternal state on a new earth with a new heaven, a New Jerusalem and this Kingdom is forever.

The Kingdom of God is spiritual and it was then, it is now and it will go one into eternity. It is something that is in us who believe.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Fair enough. That's pretty much the set of doctrines I grew up around, and none of those folks could manage to explain why they believed what they believed to me, either. I recognize some of the same jargon I heard back then in that post. After I ran into a preacher who COULD articulate why he believed what he believed, and back it up at every point from the Bible, I never looked back.

Go with God, then, and thanks for putting in an effort.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I guess that means you got more out of that than I did. I don't know how anyone could possibly follow that non-answer!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Your question above was and is

why they believed what they believed to me
Their belief is in the word of God as the scriptures themselves teach these.

Are you wanting me to put all the scriptures of the Promise to Israel of the kingdom starting from Abraham, then David where it got more specific, then how God used that line to Birth his Christ and then fulfil the promise in Revelation?

It would be better just for you to read the Bible again cover to cover.

My question is, If the scriptures teach this then why is it you don't believe it?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Your question above was and is

why they believed what they believed to me
Their belief is in the word of God as the scriptures themselves teach these.

What the Bible does not teach is often as important as what it does teach. People have, over the centuries, filled in what they perceive as gaps with flights of their own fancy, which has, over time, turned into "doctrine" , doctrine which is not taught in the Bible. It's one thing to merely say "this is taught in Scripture", and quite another to actually show where and how it is taught in Scripture.

The question was very simple - where in Matthew is this alleged Earthly kingdom specified to be such? If that is asserted, and then cannot be shown, I cannot subscribe to such a notion.

Are you wanting me to put all the scriptures of the Promise to Israel of the kingdom starting from Abraham, then David where it got more specific, then how God used that line to Birth his Christ and then fulfil the promise in Revelation?

No. Just the bits that prove an Earthly kingdom is what is meant, and the bits that show it was actually NOT finished on the cross as Jesus claimed, but is yet to come at some unspecified date.

It would be better just for you to read the Bible again cover to cover.

How many time do you reckon I need to do that?

My question is, If the scriptures teach this then why is it you don't believe it?

Because no one has yet been able to show that the scriptures teach this, and my own studies have shown something altogether different. It's why I cannot, in clear conscience, call myself a "Christian" - I cannot agree to their man-made doctrines. Doctrines such as a "trinity", or "universal atonement", etc. If they can't find a basis in the Bible, Then I cannot agree to it.

I'm willing to be proven wrong.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

If we add to scripture what it does not teach or something we imply we would be a dangerous ground.

Do you believe that God promised Israel a Kingdom?

If you say yes then we may be able to show you some scriptures for that promise that will include those that Christ being of the line of David through his mother will sit on the thrown forever. I believe the original purpose of the earth was for this kingdom.

I think trinity is the "these three are one" found in 1John 5:7, and in terms used in the preserved words like "fullness of the godhead bodily". Trinity was a word interjected by the RC and kept through the reformation but is not found in scripture. That is why it is hard to get a clear picture. But the Holy Ghost can teach you by comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

as far as I know there is no "Universal Atonement" taught in the Bible. that is all men will be saved as salvation is depended on a man's choice. the Result of Christ work of the cross, which is Salvation, while can be availed by all men not all men will be covered by his work without their choice to believe.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Do you believe that God promised Israel a Kingdom?

I couldn't say. the answer may depend in a large part on which version of "Israel" you are referring to - ethnic, spiritual, or political. I will say that at least one of them has already had it's kingdom, which has come and gone, and as I recall, God was a bit put out when they insisted Samuel provide them a king to take God's place as the head of that state. Another has it's kingdom in place right now, and has had for a very long time. The third has no kingdom, but it has a state instead - just not headed by a king.

If you say yes then we may be able to show you some scriptures for that promise that will include those that Christ being of the line of David through his mother will sit on the thrown forever. I believe the original purpose of the earth was for this kingdom.

We may be getting somewhere now - what leads you to believe the Earth was for that kingdom? Or, put a different way, what leads you to believe that kingdom is limited to the Earth, or that it is to include all of the Earth? How does that differ from ISIS's vision of "all the Earth" for their Allah?

I think trinity is the "these three are one" found in 1John 5:7, and in terms used in the preserved words like "fullness of the godhead bodily". Trinity was a word interjected by the RC and kept through the reformation but is not found in scripture. That is why it is hard to get a clear picture. But the Holy Ghost can teach you by comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

An excellent example of the doctrines of men springing from a misunderstanding - intentional or not - of what the Bible actually says. Not only is the word "trinity" not found there, but neither is the concept. A bunch of guys got together in 325 AD at the Council of Nicea and figured they could create doctrine and write policy for God by outvoting God. They then proceeded to banish those who disagreed.

as far as I know there is no "Universal Atonement" taught in the Bible.

And yet it is taught in churches today. Funny thing, that. It's one of the reasons I can't call myself a Christian.

that is all men will be saved as salvation is depended on a man's choice. the Result of Christ work of the cross, which is Salvation, while can be availed by all men not all men will be covered by his work without their choice to believe.

Another notion I cannot subscribe to. It puts man in the driver's seat rather than God. According to it, a mere mortal can thwart God's will by just saying "no", and if that is the case, the work of the cross is brought to nought. We do not accept a salvation that God provides, God accepts us. God does not hawk wares on a street corner to be picked over and decided upon.

To make the claim that Jesus died for ALL (even if they have to "accept" it) IS preaching "universal salvation".

edit on 2016/2/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I believe the Earth was a place because in the end a new earth is created because the first one is corrupted by n=sin and not the sin of man but of Lucifer.

Prov 8:21-23 we see the earth was made after the wisdom of God was exalted and lifted up. Before there was a depth of space in the heaven and before the fountains of water broke forth from their decreed place.

I will look about for my thesis on this and post it for you if you like.

The whole of the Bible has to do with Christ, A people to serve him (Israel) and his Kingdom which comes from the loins of David, and end with that kingdom going on into eternity with Jesus Christ on the throne on the earth in the New Jerusalem on a new earth.

edit on 25-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

That's an interesting take, and I would be interested in seeing the chain of logic that led to it, because that is a chain I have not encountered in my studies before, but posting the entire thesis here may be a bit log for a post. So you believe the entire Bible is the story of Christ, rather than the story of God? That almost takes trinitarianism to the opposite extreme.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well the scriptures do testify of Jesus Christ

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

I hate the term Trintaranism, I prefer the more Biblical term godhead or three are one as found in John5:7
edit on 26-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

The section of 1 Corinthians that you are quoting is dated 3-8 years after the Death of Christ. I believe he is referring to the Scriptures in a general sense not a specific Verse as that is a major part of their message. The information is phrased in such a way that Greek scholars can recognize Paul meant to let the readers know he was quoting Oral Tradition. This was Oral Tradition is dated far to close to the death of Christ to think that he was embellished after his death and not before.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

You kept saying "death of Christ".

I can only assume you don't believe he rose from the dead.

Do you believe he rose from the dead and ascended to heaven and is at the right hand of God today?

edit on 27-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

As he was using that phraseology as a reference in relation to date, and as his name is "servant of the lamb" one can only assume that he believes in the resurrection.

It was a perfect explanation of the verse in question. I would not take it wrongly.
edit on 27-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

I guess because I don't count him as dead in the grave but alive forever more at the right hand of the Father.

the post would have been more accurately stated if they had said, "Ascension". All the books of the New Testament were written since his ascension. That would be more accurate seeing none of them were written between his death, and ascension.

Just a minor thought so I was just questioning to be sure.

I don't trust user's name or avatar to represent the truth of a poster seeing I don't know them personally. And it is very hard to attribute any type of emotion or understanding of a person without details. Seeing I don't have their eye contact, body language and intonation of speech to help me in understanding their typed/written responses with. So questions are necessary to garner that.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Well the scriptures do testify of Jesus Christ

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Of that I have not the slightest doubt.

I hate the term Trintaranism, I prefer the more Biblical term godhead or three are one as found in John5:7

So much has been written concerning that famous (or infamous) "Comma Johanneum" that I feel no need to treat it here - one has only to Google it to enter the fray. I will say here, though, that it was that verse, and verses like it, that convinced me to study ancient Greek at university, so that I could read it for myself in the original, rather than in the Anglican Bible of 1611. It somewhat amuses me that so many folk around here refer to that version as "the authorized version". while neglecting to mention who authorized it, or why.

Here's a good view of the discussion

...or here.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join