It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Elderly Woman Tasered, Her Arm Broken, for Not Removing Her Earrings Fast Enough

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Ok so I was definitely going to post this in Posse Comitatus but for some reason was not able to post there. I almost feel as I'm beating a dead horse with this but could not help but post. This LEO's and other incidents like this are a big reason a lot of us the general public do not like or trust you guys. Now I already sure some of you staunch supporters and defenders of LEO's will give the same old tired excuse of "well she should have complied to which I say BS and is no excuse. This woman could have been pushed against a wall and held while her earrings were removed if it were that serious. Absolutely no reason to tase a little old lady, no reason at all. This was police brutality through and through and it is disgusting.

Chattanooga, TN — When 60-year-old Nancy Mason was in the process of being booked into the Hamilton County, Tennessee, jail on theft charges she refused to remove her earrings quickly enough setting off a violent chain of events. For not complying fast enough, Sheriff’s Sergeant Rodney Terrell tased her — sending the woman crashing to the ground, landing on and breaking her arm in the falll.

Article with video
edit on 15-2-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Not that tazing her is the best option but how should you remove her personal effects when she is not being compliant during the booking process? It would have looked equally as bad if they restrained her and then removed the earrings themselves. Lose, lose scenario on this.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Everyone should know you gotta do everything these cops say once they put handcuffs on you, especially when in the beast den. Just don't argue and comply to everything because some cops live for moments they get to put civilians in their place.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It may have looked bad and may have not been comfortable to her but her bone would not be broken. Broken bones are expensive to treat and you know the police aren't going to pay for it unless of course they lose the lawsuit. It would not have taken much for one officer to hold her body against the wall, one on her head while a third removes earrings. Police are lazy these days and have no regard for a citizens well being when that citizen has been deemed a suspect or already in custody.

reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You are assuming.

They would either need to hold her against a wall or push her to the ground and if they did not want her accidently ripping the earrings from her lobes someone else would have had to hold her head still while another officer removed the jewelry.

Not a great visual either.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Your not understanding what I'm saying...have you never seen someone much larger and stronger hold someone down with minimal ease? One officer push and hold her body still while a second holds the head against the wall and still, a third removes earrings. Not that difficult, not that difficult at all. All I have read at this point are excuses. Oh and how many officers are just standing around in that vid? She is a TINY FRAIL OLD LADY...would not take much strength or effort at all.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Comply... comply... comply... You will do what your masters tell you, how we tell you, and when we tell you. Got it???

There is no excuse for this. Refusal to comply when otherwise not hurting anyone does not justify physical harm... except to bullies, tyrants, and authoritarians. If they cannot find a better way to accomplish their goals, maybe their goals aren't worthy of being accomplished. Or maybe they just have to find another way to accomplish their goals.

In any event, physical force and harm is not called for in any situation in which that person is not an immediate and obvious threat to others.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Your not understanding what I'm saying...have you never seen someone much larger and stronger hold someone down with minimal ease?

Have you ever tried it? If someone does not want to be restrained it is not the easiest thing to do in spite of training. Who is to say she would not have been injured being restrained against a wall or on the floor?

One officer push and hold her body still while a second holds the head against the wall and still, a third removes earrings.

And how does this visual look on video? 3-4 officers holding a woman down and forcibly removing her jewelry. As I said in my first post, this is a lose, lose.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

All I have read at this point are excuses.

Not from me. Its more impatient to just tase the bitch into compliance. Don't these people ever learn. I'm so tired of people not dropping to their knees on command. If you don't comply we're going to shock therapy you in 3,2,1…

bunch of cretins. If someone tased their grandma for that, they' be shooting to kill. After all they're law enforcement,

bullies with badges:

You're gonna get it. This is for your own good. You had this coming. Look what you made me do.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

How about not making it a situation at all and allowing her to keep her earrings on ? What's she going to do ? Pierce herself or others to death ?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
How about not making it a situation at all and allowing her to keep her earrings on ? What's she going to do ? Pierce herself or others to death ?

Who knows what she would do? One thing that I can safely assume is that if something happened due to her being permitted to keep her personal effects is that the taxpayers of that municipality would be on the hook for the officers not adhering to the regulations about collecting all personal effects.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
How about complying and having two healthy arms? She agreed to be frisked, followed all other protocol ( the they showed on the video) -

Not the way I would have handled the situation, but .....

When an officer asked for the 'detainee' to do something, it is a good idea to follow instructions. Just saying .

edit on 15-2-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Who do you think is going to foot the bill for this 1.75million law suit ?

It's funny watching the video, I counted in total 8 officers at one point, 8 of them and their only logical response was to tase a little old lady ?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

No one if the officers are exonerated.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

It's funny watching the video, I counted in total 8 officers at one point, 8 of them and their only logical response was to tase a little old lady ?

She looked dangerous, I am surprised they didn't shoot her with a gun.
If she was a dog wagging it's tail they would have shot her.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Unfortunately the mentally of many sherrif/jailers is some what compressed...sadly

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
60 year old tiny frail woman...enough said and I'm done responding to you if we are only going to go in circles. To answer your question though I have seen it done.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

60 year old tiny frail women...

Who you wanted to see shoved up against a wall by 3-4 officers and have her personal effects forcibly removed.

To answer your question though I have seen it done.

I did not ask if you have seen it done, I asked if you have done it yourself. It is not as easy as it may appear.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Looks and results are two different things now aren't they and yes I have restrained someone smaller and weaker than myself with ease and no injuries occurred.
a
reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Looks and results are two different things now aren't they and yes I have restrained someone smaller and weaker than myself with ease and no injuries occurred.

Good for you then. Perhaps you should use your ability and offer training for scenarios such as the one above. This way you can have them shove her up against a wall and forcibly remove her personal effects to satisfy your sensibilities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join