It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Elderly Woman Tasered, Her Arm Broken, for Not Removing Her Earrings Fast Enough

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Let's be honest, no jury is going to favour the police, they made no attempt at all to restrain her and straight away went for the tasing option.

As I said 8 of them vs 1 little old lady and they chose to tase

If they'd actually attempted to restrain her before tasing her and she still resisted then yeah, I could agree it would be reasonable to tase her but the fact they made no attempt to restrain her just speaks volumes and I'm astonished you can actually make up excuses for them.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
don't trust cops, don't trust criminals, thank you 2nd.
edit on 15-2-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20376389]Discotech[/post

Let's be honest, no jury is going to favour the police, they made no attempt at all to restrain her and straight away went for the tasing option.

Not sure how the legal system functions where you reside by these are civil charges and they can either request a jury or judge to hear them. I, unlike you, will make no assumptions as to the outcome as all of the video has not yet been viewed.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
100% correct!!

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Was removing the earrings necessary? Yes. Was using force, especially a taser shot, necessary to achieve that end? There is no physical way that restraining the woman and removing the earrings by CAREFULLY APPLIED main strength, would have had a worse potential outcome, than electrocuting an elderly woman to the point where she fell and broke her damned arm. If a LEO needs a taser to process an elderly lady through booking, then either that elderly lady is clan master of a crew of lethal assassins, or that LEO is a streak of urine and shouldn't have a job.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Excessive force.. plain and simple.
The problem is, that these cops lack patience.
They should understand that someone, especially an older woman, is going to be very embarrassed and frustrated in this situation.
If one of the 8 cops had any sense or people skills, I'm sure that they could have gotten her to remove the earrings.
Instead, they tased her and stood around her like they were roasting marshmallows at a bonfire.
NONE OF THEM EVEN FLINCHED
Like tasing a 60 year old was a normal, everyday thing.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
As per your usual response this one is also well articulated and spot on indeed.

a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Oh come off it, you can clearly see in the video she is VERBALLY arguing with the officer and then BAM tased

Do you think it's acceptable to tase someone who is shouting at you ? put your bias aside if YOU were that lady and you got tased for shouting at an officer would say it was reasonable ?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not that tazing her is the best option but how should you remove her personal effects when she is not being compliant during the booking process? It would have looked equally as bad if they restrained her and then removed the earrings themselves. Lose, lose scenario on this.

I agree about the tazing but once she is injured they should give assistance.

Must be a cold lonely life to live without empathy........
edit on 15-2-2016 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

She's lucky it was the cops.

Any other gang would have just shot her.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Oh come off it, you can clearly see in the video she is VERBALLY arguing with the officer and then BAM tased...

That is called 'editing', ever hear of it?

Do you think it's acceptable to tase someone who is shouting at you ?

Did you bother to read the first sentence of my initial post? Did you understand it?

put your bias aside if YOU were that lady and you got tased for shouting at an officer would say it was reasonable ?

What 'bias'?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I just 'love' the way some people have learned what the bullies wanted you to learn and that is to comply when in their vicinity.
"Just do what they say and you'll be alright".

Thing is even if you comply, they can beat the s4it out of you if they fancy a bit of 'rough and tumble'. Just because you do everything they say doesn't make it all good, because trust me if one of them is in a bad mood and has it in for you, all the complying in the world won' do you any good. They'll find something, just like the bullies on the school ground.

When I was bullied for a short while by two idiots, I complied, I did everything they said, still they were suddenly 'angered' by the way I 'looked' at them or the way I walked or the way I was not doing anything,

The law and authority aren't set in stone. If something doesn't work or is directly a danger to people, then people have not only the right but the responsibility to go against it.

So what, she was a little defiant. So what? 8 officers [and no brain between them], can't deal with an elderly lady in a civilised way?

There are other ways. Here is my suggestion: Instead of playing the big, bad, copper, why not ask a lady officer to play the 'good guy' and talk to the old lady in a friendly way, explaining and treating her like a human being?
Intelligent conversation goes a long way.

In my opinion, beating or hurting people in custody belongs to third world countries, it's apeman behaviour beating on another human, when you haven't learned to do it any other way.
edit on 15-2-2016 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I assume you are somewhat familiar with correctional facility/officer protocols and techniques as I smell bacon. So let me run this scenario by you. One of the more well spoken officers calmly says to her "Ma'am you can take the earrings out your self or we can strip and strap you into our restraint chair (to those unfamiliar every appendage including your head is firmly secured so you can not move) then we will remove them and let you sit there until we finish booking you in.

From personal experience I can tell you this particular threat works in some cases not all I will admit but I am confident that when faced with this threat this woman would have complied in the name of maintaining her dignity. I have been threatened with this chair tactic and it worked and mostly because I didn't want to be sat there naked for all to see. This is a common tactic in correctional facilities and requires the same amount of strength and effort that would have been applied to restraining her while earrings were removed. Further more since we are asking the question "well how would that look?" how does it look or sound that they do this to people?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

From personal experience I can tell you this particular threat works in some cases not all I will admit but I am confident that when faced with this threat this woman would have complied in the name of maintaining her dignity.

You should utilize your prognosticating abilities to secure a winning lottery ticket.

I am not confident of anything other than what I said in my initial post.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The first thing that came to mind for me is: Why are there no women deputies? Shouldn't it be standard procedure to have a female officer available to handle women?

I agree that yes she should have complied. So, to some extent she brought it on herself.

However, I'm a little old fashioned. Real men aren't supposed to abuse women. Real men don't hit women. And they certainly don't taze them!

Believe it or not, this wouldn't be an issue to me at all if a female deputy had tazed this woman. But, quite frankly, if a woman deputy had been present I don't think it would have gone that far.

From what I've seen Sheriff’s Sergeant Steroid Ape-Man went too far. He was dealing with a 60 year old woman, not a 20 something gangsta wannabe with his pants around his knees.

IMHO
-dex

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Oh yeah maybe I will and if I do win I will personally fund a national citizens law enforcement watch dog group and I will hire lots of experts with knowledge and insight into the field of law enforcement.

edit on 15-2-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think our Masonic friend has a valid point. While we can speculate and spit-ball back and forth on alternatives that may have worked better in this case, the woman still risks injury for not simply doing as she was asked by the officers.

I think both parties involved made mistakes and it will be interesting to see what comes from any lawsuits filed.

One thing people need to understand is that it's ok to stand-up against police brutality and to exercise our rights as US citizens, but during an interaction with a police officer it is not the best time to argue or resist.

Simply comply with demands and if any of your rights are violated in the process, lawyer-up afterwards.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

No never heard of editing... don't be so asinine

There's no editing from the point where all she is doing is shouting and waving her arms to the point she got tased.

That's all anybody needs to see, now if shouting is resisting arrest and warrants the use of a taser then we've got bigger concerns than a lady getting tased with 8 officers in the vicinity who could quite easily have restrained her and let's be honest they could easily have restrained her or are you going to say it might not have been the best option to do that too ?

Yes I saw your post, you said tasing was not the best option, it shouldn't have been an option at all unless she is being physically violent towards the officers which she was not at the moment she got tased.

The bias of neutral, there's enough footage to make a call on whether the tasing was right or wrong without needing to tip toe around and cover both sides by saying it wasn't the best option but it was an option which suggests that you don't think it was unreasonable at all.

I'll rephrase my question though, what in your opinion would have been better options than tasing ?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

No.

Being 60 doesn't earn you any special treatment. You're a non-compliant thief regardless of your demographic.

The officers followed procedure. Case closed.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Wonderful.

And if I win I will buy a yellow Lamborghini.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join