It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Internatiomnal space station actually within an ordinairy airplane..

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I suppose it is "within the realm of possibility" that the ISS is nothing but a hoax, but I find the prospect so highly unlikely that I'm going to live my life assuming it is not a hoax, just like I'm going to live my life not worrying about being eaten by a shape-shifter alien tree.

The difference is that there is zero evidence for that, but there is some evidence for a ISS hoax.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

The idea of music in space always leaves me with an eerie feeling. If Voyager II had a theme tune, I wonder what would suit it the most?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
... but there is some evidence for a ISS hoax.

There is? Nine pages into this thread, I still haven't seen any.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

I suppose it is "within the realm of possibility" that the ISS is nothing but a hoax, but I find the prospect so highly unlikely that I'm going to live my life assuming it is not a hoax, just like I'm going to live my life not worrying about being eaten by a shape-shifter alien tree.

The difference is that there is zero evidence for that, but there is some evidence for a ISS hoax.

None of the "anomalies" mentioned in the OP's video seemed particularly anomalous once they were looked at with a critical eye.

To what evidence are you specifically referring?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Why, videos containing edits, of course.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I wonder what would suit it the most?

Rocky's theme song.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

but there is some evidence for a ISS hoax.

Nope, no way, never will you be able to provide a shred of evidence that could prove it was a hoax.

Prove it was a hoax.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

It's hard to pin down! Travelling at thousands of miles an hour is pure metal. In a void of no significant changes would make it experimental jazz. Racing into the unknown could be prog-rock like Yes or some early Floyd like Echoes.

Or...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

or some early Floyd like Echoes.

Or earlier.

edit on 2/15/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Dammit...good call

Or

'Careful With That Axe Eugene' for lonely space travel??

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
Just the other day I watched and listened to a discussion between some people about the NASA lies. And some of these statements go very far and would the NASA lie be immense if any of it true.

This guy is convinced that the ISS and everything connected with it such as spaceshuttles and russian escape pods are a lie. I can not explain to you all the physics involved which make such technology impossible but when I see a movie like Gravity anything is possible.

Bit lengthy but watch this one..

You know, I have a confession to make. When I first hear somebody say that putting a man on the Moon and have him safely return to the Earth is impossible I didn't give it much thought and knew for certain that this person has his wiring crossed somewhere. But now that I have researched it to some extent myself I see myself sitting on this fence.

Concerning this doubt about the ISS I still think these people have too much fantasy. But then again.. there is a group of criminals active in this world with the resources of a nation. A group of people able to kill an US president and get away with it, murder some 3000 innocent hard working americans of which many policemen and firemen and get away with it. When lies are this big and protected anything is possible.... and anything worth a second thought. But these murders is not what this thread is about...

What do guys make of it..? I suggest to watch the YT-vid or an other shorter version on the same subject before telling me I am wasting my time.

For comparison, here's a taste of what is possible in Hollywood...

Well, as someone who actually does photoreal VFX and 3d animation for a living and has been in the field since 1995, i can assure you that the special effects in films like Gravity, look great but in now way look 100% real.

It would be instantly noticeable to millions of people who do what i do that the videos were staged or faked.

Sorry.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

It's hard to pin down! Travelling at thousands of miles an hour is pure metal. In a void of no significant changes would make it experimental jazz. Racing into the unknown could be prog-rock like Yes or some early Floyd like Echoes.

Or...

You know Kadinsly, going of topic a bit, but i remember being in Milan and seeing Leroy from Fame begging for money in the street. he approached me and my friends many times in the week we were there and asked for money and often after we said no...he would say "thats ok, ill always be a star". It was very sad to see him reduced to that.

edit on 15-2-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't claim to be an expert, but I did study aerospace engineering for my BS. I can tell you that it is possible to orbit the earth as satellites and such. Very doable. Going to the moon and back in the 60 is impossible. The computers back then where giant rooms and it barely did any calculations. I think even if we tried today it would still be difficult.

Just ask yourself... why hasn't any other country try to put a man on the moon? We can argue the USA has already done it so we don't need to do it again, but why hasn't any other country do it? Because it is actually impossible. The radiation belt would cook the astronaut like a baked potato. We can't explore out own ocean and you think we can go to the moon?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

The computers back then where giant rooms and it barely did any calculations.

Yes. And the flight computers on the Apollo missions were much less capable. Luckily they didn't have to do too many calculations because the ones on the ground took care of most of it for them. Though it isn't as if they didn't have problems.
www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015
I don't claim to be an expert, but I did study aerospace engineering for my BS. I can tell you that it is possible to orbit the earth as satellites and such. Very doable. Going to the moon and back in the 60 is impossible. The computers back then where giant rooms and it barely did any calculations. I think even if we tried today it would still be difficult.

Just ask yourself... why hasn't any other country try to put a man on the moon? We can argue the USA has already done it so we don't need to do it again, but why hasn't any other country do it? Because it is actually impossible. The radiation belt would cook the astronaut like a baked potato. We can't explore out own ocean and you think we can go to the moon?

But the calculations are hard, but hardly impossible. they were doable, even back then. As a aerospace engineer, you really should know that.

Also, why has no one gone back, cuz it cost the US a fortune to do it back then and it would cost just as much today, for no gain whatsoever. No point.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Having said that there are several manned missions planned.

If they come to fruition or not is another story...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Having said that there are several manned missions planned.

If they come to fruition or not is another story...

Sure, i dont doubt for a second we will be back at some point. But personally, i would take another Cassini (the craft that keeps on giving)/New Horizons and Rosetta any day over another manned mission to the moon.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Me too.

There's not much of a reason to send humans to go do a job that a robot can do.

The missions you mention are proof of that!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join