It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Internatiomnal space station actually within an ordinairy airplane..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

As far as I know ESA uses an A300 to do zero gravity exercises.

Good, Now how long can it perform the zero gravity effect when descending?

When you find that out, watch the unedited videos supplied by others and try and put 2 and 2 together, I know , I know, its complex math by I have faith in you.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I think the name of the game here is to argue the counter and offer scenarios whereby the footage can be hoaxed. So it could be asked, 'How do we know the Soyuz leaves earth? How do we know there are even people aboard? How do we know the Soyuz that went up is the same one that came down?'

Rockets can be seen going up. Soyuz, shuttles, and the ISS can be seen in space by normal people, as can a Soyuz re-entering the atmosphere. The fact that these things can be tracked trough space makes me think that the hoax believers need to show me proof that these craft have no crew, rather than me trying to prove that they do have crew...

I mean, any evidence I give can be simply countered with the hoax believer saying "well, I don' have firsthand knowledge that there is actually a crew in the Soyuz or ISS".

As for the Soyuz being the same one that went up and came back down, it usually isn't -- at least not right away.

The Soyuz capsule that goes up often becomes the "lifeboat" that remains docked for emergency escapes, while the former lifeboat is used to return the crew rotating out back to Earth. That way, the lifeboats are relatively fresh spacecraft.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

But I clearly have also been talking about other methods of faking zero gravity in longer scenes.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I mean, any evidence I give can be simply countered with the hoax believer saying "well, I don' have firsthand knowledge that there is actually a crew in the Soyuz or ISS".

Exactly. And neither have you. So for all we know it is a hoax. Maybe we should turn our focus on the anamolies now, so we can see if you can explain them away.

Shall we?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

'How do we know the Soyuz leaves earth? How do we know the Soyuz that went up is the same one that came down?'

If they don't leave Earth it is magic since a supply of capsules must be up there to be coming back down.

Waiting for the proof of flights by this ISS simulation aircraft. I suppose it will be said it flies at Area 51.

If a person believes in the Space Shuttle program then the ISS isn't a far stretch. Is that the next thread?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

Exactly. And neither have you. So for all we know it is a hoax. Maybe we should turn our focus on the anamolies now, so we can see if you can explain them away.

Shall we?

Do you have a specific anomaly in mind? The astronaut moving forward? I think he could have propelled himself forward by just pushing off the bulkhead with his right foot, like we do when we walk. The bubble? Was it a bubble, or some other sort of debris that came off the ISS that passed by the astronaut? It didn't look anything like the bubbles seen during the water tank training. Maybe the "anomaly" of the sun setting behind Earth, and the sunlight changing on the ISS? The ISS is high enough that it is in sunlight while the earth directly below it is in shadow -- plus the angle if the ISS relative to the Sun is always changing because the ISS is always moving.

Maybe it's the YouTube presenter's issue with the Soyuz "lifeboat"? Well, he is incorrect about some aspects of that. The ISS always has two Soyuz docked to it in case of emergency for the crew of six. The ISS does not normally have a crew of 10 or 11 like the presenter said. The only times it has more than six is when crews are being rotated out, at which time there is an additional craft docked to the ISS (the craft that brought the new crew members up). There was a time in the past that the ISS had only one Soyuz docked to it, but at that time the crew of the ISS was limited to three, because that's how many could fit in the one Soyuz.

I can go on, or you can tell us what specific anomalies you consider to be the most troublesome.

edit on 2/15/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Oh I know. The memory of the Flat Earth threads is still fresh and I recall a number of members having meltdowns in the face of intransigence from Flat Earthers.

When intelligent people take the stance of 'it's a hoax,' there's no way to change their minds. No evidence is good enough and that's the essence (the fun) of the game. There's also no way of differentiating between believers and mischief-makers and neither concede an inch anyway.

Did you watch the end of the video I posted? Jeez, that's a squeeze in the Soyuz capsule and evokes thoughts of olden-day sailors with everything stowed away and fastened down. An interview with Hadfield a few weeks back had him equating astronauts to early mariners too. Soldiers in trenches, sailors on tall ships and folk in space have so much in common.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ok so how do you explain Chris Hadfields 3 minute video of why you can't wring out a towel in zero g. Baring in mind that aircraft can only perform a rapid descents to experience zero g for no more than 30 seconds?
en.m.wikipedia.org...

These videos alone surely proves the ISS is real and it is manned

Also watch the videos of people experiencing zero g on a plane they end up all over the place. How can NASA or who ever replicate scenes from inside the ISS on board a plane?

edit on 15-2-2016 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker
You're doing it wrong. DMC doesn't have to explain anything.
We have to explain the "anomalies." Only then will he believe that there are people on the ISS.

edit on 2/15/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Damnit! I knew I was wasting my time .. And there I was thinking it was the person who posts their theory to explain and give us facts of how it's all faked. Shame on me for being wrong

edit on 15-2-2016 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The obvious move here would be to compare the footage to a modern Hollywood movie and say 'it's CGI water and Hadfield is on a set with wires.' You'd argue that it was transmitted live with no edits to a Canadian school and I'd ask if you could be so sure about that? Did you see the live stream? can you be sure it wasn't edited or prepared in advance?

You'd say he fully encloses the objects in his hand and that couldn't happen with transparent wires. You might say the watch moves in a way that wouldn't happen in Earth gravity. I'd counter by saying the watch is a fake one with a counter-weight to make it move strangely etc etc.

I was going to post the same video in my first post and didn't because at least some of those 'points' would have been raised lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

The length of time in that unedited footage precludes the parabolic flight explanation.

Listen guys... I do not care if it is done in a plane or that "they" have hoaxed us in some other sofisticated way. Its about the lie, the hoax. I am sure that with creative editting and the right software tools all could be filmed in a plane.

Maybe I should have made that more clear in the OP and OP-title because the focus of the guy in the YT-vid is about the use of an airplane. That is why I included this trailer of the movie Gravity, to show what is possible in Hollywood, Pinewood, area 51 or any other "creative" place

With this trailer I wanted to point out that anything you see on the official nasa site about the ISS can be made in a studio.... of some whatever sort.

edit on 15/2/2016 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I saw at least 6 edits in the 3 min video.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Care to show us them ?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yes just keep your eyes peeled on the 30 sec intervals.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker

Care to show us them ?

Yes, please show them DutchMaster

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
You're doing it wrong. DMC doesn't have to explain anything.
We have to explain the "anomalies." Only then will he believe that there are people on the ISS.

Even then, there would be no way to 100% explain away all of the anomalies beyond any glimmer of doubt at all.

For example, the supposed "bubble" during the spacewalk: there is no way for me to prove what that object was that passed up and in front of the spacewalking astronaut, so DucthMasterChief can simply claim "Since you can't positively identify what the object was, then that means it still could have been a bubble, in which case the entire ISS is a hoax."

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

With this trailer I wanted to point out that anything you see on the official nasa site about the ISS can be made in a studio.... of some whatever sort.

And with this trailer you end up ignoring that the ISS has been up there for nearly 18 years, is built by a consortium of several national space agencies, and has not been supplied by NASA craft for 5 years. It gets so tedious hearing people bleat about NASA as if they are the only people who ever do anything in space. In reality these days they are minor players in the business.

Furthermore, you don't just say "this is a lie", claim it to be correct and work backwards. You compile the evidence and then you draw your conclusions.

There is no evidence that ISS is hoaxed.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Even then, there would be no way to 100% explain away all of the anomalies beyond any glimmer of doubt at all.

Yes. I know. And some will cling to any glimmer of doubt and proclaim it proof. For some odd reason.

edit on 2/15/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Yes just keep your eyes peeled on the 30 sec intervals.

So you've took my word that a zero g flight can only last 30 seconds? Wow no wonder your believing the guy that says the ISS is empty and doesn't exist. Now go and view the countless of videos of the ISS crew floating about. Oh and I can't see any edits

And reguarding the video I posted of Chris Hadfield .. At the end of the first 30 seconds he has a compacted wash cloth floating in front of him. No edits nothing. I'm beginning to wonder if you even watched the video or just fobbed it off.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join