It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Internatiomnal space station actually within an ordinairy airplane..

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

With this trailer I wanted to point out that anything you see on the official nasa site about the ISS can be made in a studio.... of some whatever sort.

Yes and then you have to dismiss every other piece of NASA footage since day 1. You'd have to dismiss every piece of Chinese, Indian, European and Russian footage too! That itself is so much hard work when the alternative is that, yep, humans have managed to get their way out into space.

When you see the YT guys arguing against the ISS (or whatever), it's the profoundly huge scale of what they're claiming that should make them easy to call out. The number of people involved in space exploration is massive and they can't all be kept quiet in the most elaborate hoax in history. I mean, does it seem plausible that Captain Doubt and his YT channel can work out the 'Truth' when tens of thousands of manufacturers, universities and scientists cannot?

Nobody's arguing against Hollywood's great talents, we're arguing that it's ridiculous for the YT guy to claim ISS is a hoax involving a plane, a set and an international mass of liars.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

And reguarding the video I posted of Chris Hadfield .. At the end of the first 30 seconds he has a compacted wash cloth floating in front of him. No edits nothing. I'm beginning to wonder if you even watched the video or just fobbed it off.

Are you saying there are no edits in that video?

There are 3 or 4 100% edits in the second half of the vid and a first sneaky edit appears at 0:49, although some will probably argue it is a live stream connection problem.
edit on 15-2-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief not that I can see but then again I'm at work don't have time to study a 3 minute video of a man in space on the ISS. But as you clearly can see the edits maybe you can point them out. And saying watch every 30 seconds doesn't count. You are the one trying to prove the theory that the ISS is fake and unmanned you show us the facts

Until then the countless amounts of money spent by different countries and agencies, pictures, videos, highly trained astronauts that have gone there, the fact I've seen the ISS fly over numerous of times, it's going to take a lot to convince me and the rest of ATS that the ISS is fake and unmanned.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

0:49 (perhaps not)

1:46

2:17

2:33

3:12 (end)

Clear as day.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: zatara

Sorry, not enough evidence to be 100% sure unless you can see them walking aroundf in there. Don't get me wrong, for now my heart is with those astronauts on the ISS but my mind is screaming for the truth.

But you have seen them, not walking, but floating, in videos many times.

It seems to me that there is no answer valid for you really, sadly you will never, ever know the truth, because you simply cannot believe anything you haven't yourself experienced.

No lemonade for you, think about that.

You are right, I will never know the truth ... perhaps until an astronaut will stand up and blow the whisle. But even then die hard deniers will claim this man is crazy. And they are right... even then I will not know for sure.

It is a bit like the saucer question.. There are US airforce officers, US nuclear rocket base officers... and not only such credible officers from the US forces but officers from many countries tell a different story than their masters. Some people just refuse to listen to these people because their boss, the government is denying their claim.

For me, a private person as for anybody else there is no way to come up with ironclad evidence which will convince you on the spot.

As I said in the OP I think that this guy doubting..knowing for sure the ISS is a hoax has too much fantasy. But here and there there are some indications that deserves a closer look.

This thread is more about giving it a thought, giving it some attention, making you aware that some people are having a close look on what is happening. I think that the times we live in it has become important for citizens not to believe everything and anything our governments say.

Why... because when really terrible things happen we will not be lead like sheep to the slaughterhouse.... Keeping tabs on things like this can make it easier to connect the dots when the SHTF big time. Try to be awake and have the right justification, motivation and reasons for doing the right thing and to do something about it....if possible.

Really... to believe everything the authorities tell you has become naive..

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

0:49 (perhaps not)

1:46

2:17

2:33

3:12 (end)

Clear as day.

I see the edits you are on about but I'm sorry but no ... How would they replicate this video on a plane? Like I said zero g flights will last no more than approximately 30 seconds. Let's take you time stamps for example 2:33 to 3:13 .. That's 39 seconds (hope my maths is correct)

And as I stated have you seen how out of control people get on those zero g flights yet mr Hadfield and his fellow crew member are quite well positioned throughout the whole video. Even his micro phone stays in one position .. Just.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Like I said zero g flights will last no more than approximately 30 seconds. Let's take you time stamps for example 2:33 to 3:13 .. That's 39 seconds (hope my maths is correct)

Maybe they like to push the boundaries.

Why are there edits in the first place?

It could be just this YT vid though? Is this original?

I see the edits you are on about

You mean I was absolutely right about and wondering how anyone could miss that?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief
Edited to break the video down a bit ? I don't know ... The video is from the ASA and CSA. If you were to listen to the commentary you can see that Hadfield is talking to people on the ground. When he wrings out the towel and the water goes on his hand you can hear applauds and cheering

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If you were to listen to the commentary you can see that Hadfield is talking to people on the ground. When he wrings out the towel and the water goes on his hand you can hear applauds and cheering

I know, it doesn't mean the stream was live.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Did you watch the end of the video I posted? Jeez, that's a squeeze in the Soyuz capsule and evokes thoughts of olden-day sailors with everything stowed away and fastened down.

You mean that scene where noone actually floats through a hatch but she is hanging upside down being hoisted up through the hatch?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
(.....)
You know, I have a confession to make. When I first hear somebody say that putting a man on the Moon and have him safely return to the Earth is impossible I didn't give it much thought and knew for certain that this person has his wiring crossed somewhere. But now that I have researched it to some extent myself I see myself sitting on this fence.

Concerning this doubt about the ISS I still think these people have too much fantasy. But then again.. there is a group of criminals active in this world with the resources of a nation. A group of people able to kill an US president and get away with it, murder some 3000 innocent hard working americans of which many policemen and firemen and get away with it. When lies are this big and protected anything is possible.... and anything worth a second thought. But these murders is not what this thread is about...
(.....)

When I was growing up I always believed NASA on most things, except maybe covering up little things which were small. I did read about UFOs occasionally and some of my skepticism stemmed from that.

I'm older now and not much has changed. If it's a lie, it's a good one and I'm fooled. I'm skeptical sometimes, but I believe most of it. Unlike my youth, I don't entertain UFOs or fringe topics as much. At its core, science is still the best we got to understand the world. Even though I think scientists can believe in science too much, I think it's a much better flaw to have than most. Science--in all fairness--is the best faith to have.

I will say the line between insanity and reality is sometimes tricky because it can be driven by extremism or faith and not by mental illness. All a person has to do is believe and not question something to do insane things. Children who're brainwashed can do this. I'm sure adults can do it too, if they believe it strongly. So I'll say be careful what you believe. It's dangerous. If you can, try to question your beliefs. I don't expect you to question a religious belief, unless it's an extreme one. Just look at what you believe and ask yourself if you have facts to support it?

It's a sure deal if you don't believe reality then you're in for a world of hurt. Not believing the burner is hot is a good way to get burnt. Conversely, believing a cool object is hot is a good way to get frostbite. And believing a friend who's there to help you is actually a communist enemy agent sent to kill you is a good way to make life hard not just on yourself but on those who're trying to be friendly or make life easier.

Always try to be reasonable. Don't question too much either. If a burner is hot and you're hesitating to believe it, you're wasting time and electricity. Life is about time. We can't afford to waste too much. So to this end, maybe some faith in reality is required. How can we ever know something 100%? We can't. We can approach it infinitely close, only.
edit on 2/15/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief I agree with you there are edits but with all the evidence that the ISS is in space and manned, in my eyes overrules this silly theory that it's fake and unmanned.

God this like arguing with the flat earth society. Anyway I'm done here I give up. Glad you have an open mind though

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Huh huh 33/13.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

a reply to: DutchMasterChief I agree with you there are edits but with all the evidence that the ISS is in space and manned, in my eyes overrules this silly theory that it's fake and unmanned.

Ok but that is a sort of a cop out. I you concede that part of the evidence might be questionable, then all of it might be.

There is much more that I haven't even presented yet.

Glad you have an open mind though

Yes otherwise this thread would still be about how the object in the sky that is identified by amateur astronomers as the ISS, is not a plane.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

Haha I also admire your persistence. I wasn't questioning the video, I just confirmed there are slight edits which at the same time doesn't prove that they are faked. You may see this as a win on your side but I can't provide any more info other than the countless of vids on YouTube of astronauts in space. My decision is .. They are there and the space station is in orbit. I appreciate your views and we are all here to discuss them it's just I don't believe at all for one second there is an empty ISS up there and all the footage is faked

Good luck with exposing what you believe, I just don't think it's gonna sit well with many people

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Amateur radio and the ISS.

The amateur radio station on the ISS can be received using very simple equipment.

The first Amateur Radio equipment was delivered to the International Space Station (ISS) in September 2000 and an Amateur Radio station was established onboard for use by Astronauts who are licenced Radio Amateurs

The ISS is in a very low orbit and so is only in range 5 or 6 times each day and then only for a maximum of 10 minutes on the best orbit. This means you need to make sure you’re listening at the right time to hear it. There are a number of websites that tell you when to listen. I use the orbital predictions on the ISS Fan Club site.
The International Space Station is traveling around the Earth at over 28,000 Km/h. This high speed makes radio signals appear to shift in frequency, a phenomenon called Doppler Shift.

This Doppler shift will cause the ISS transmit frequency of 145.800 MHz to look as if it is 3.5 kHz higher in frequency, 145.8035, when ISS is approaching your location. During the 10 minute pass the frequency will move lower shifting a total of 7 kHz down to 145.7965 as the ISS goes out of range. To get maximum signal you ideally need a radio that tunes in 1 kHz or smaller steps to follow the shift but in practice acceptable results are obtained with the radio left on 145.800 MHz

Link

So...

If the ISS isn't up then there must be a fairly elaborate system are controlling signals to imitate the station orbiting the Earth.

if there unmanned, recordings are uploaded to the unmanned ISS for rebroadcast. The equipment was installed before launch but unveiled later to give the impression it was installed later.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It is not about what I believe but about what I believe to be a possible scenario.

Ah well the process might seem counterintuitive and tedious but in the end there is educational and entertainment value for all, or even just for me.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The video was edited from a longer live stream broadcast aimed at a Canadian school. The cheering is from pupils/parents/teachers at the school because Hadfield's carrying out an experiment that was designed by one of their pupils.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

It is not about what I believe but about what I believe to be a possible scenario.

There are a lot of "possible scenarios" that are impossible to 100% refute.

For example, it's possible that the trees in your yard have been replaced by carnivorous man-eating alien shape-shifters who just look and act just like the trees...Prove that they haven't been.

However, just because you can't disprove that possible scenario, I doubt you would find the possibility likely enough that you would worry about getting too close to a tree and having it snatch you up for lunch.

I suppose it is "within the realm of possibility" that the ISS is nothing but a hoax, but I find the prospect so highly unlikely that I'm going to live my life assuming it is not a hoax, just like I'm going to live my life not worrying about being eaten by a shape-shifter alien tree.

edit on 2/15/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Where they play such hits as

"Radio ISS, the place that has zero gravity!"

"Don't these songs take you back? The world sure was looking a lot prettier back then"

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join