It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show Us Your DOODLES

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I had an idea for a thread which will show doodles. Now, I'll be starting off with a sort of advanced doodle. But I want this thread to show what people scribble whilst talking on the phone, or absentmindedly sitting with a pen (or pencil) and paper.
Remember when phone book covers were a collection of doodles?

Here's the one I did today. Please remember, this was extreme boredom and focus (not an oxymoron) and I don't expect such elaborate form from other posted doodles!

So post your doodles, please.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Where have you been my whole life? This is a great idea! I have my doodles at work. I'll try and remember to post some tomorrow.
edit on 11-2-2016 by ExNihiloRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Please do, and DONT FORGET! a reply to: ExNihiloRed

This is a thread to show what our hand and noodling brain do when our other mental faculties are occupied.

edit on 11-2-2016 by kkrattiger because: Nah

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kkrattiger
I had an idea for a thread which will show doodles. Now, I'll be starting off with a sort of advanced doodle. But I want this thread to show what people scribble whilst talking on the phone, or absentmindedly sitting with a pen (or pencil) and paper.
Remember when phone book covers were a collection of doodles?

Here's the one I did today. Please remember, this was extreme boredom and focus (not an oxymoron) and I don't expect such elaborate form from other posted doodles!

So post your doodles, please.

Your doodle reminds me of art called Zen Tangles... I'm not really a doodler as I've been more into realism this past year, so no doodles from me. Thanks for sharing, it looks from your line work you'd be very good at drafting or technical art.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

it looks from your line work you'd be very good at drafting or technical art.

technical art. lol - its a doodle, technical art is a whole different board game. besides im sure realism is not something you draw while your mind is wondering while speaking on the phone as stated in her example.

i would post doodles put they have personal details such as mobile numbers on paper while im on the phone. its nothing special, usually smiley faces all the time- sorry i dont have nothing to contribute, but i will keep watch at others doodles

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Here's me doodle-ing in Corel Painter 2016:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I didn't know Corel was still around!
a reply to: pianopraze

Thanks for the post.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kkrattiger

Me just messing around with some new pencils and ink a while back just giving them a test run an all.

Heres a doodle or quick sketch I did that I decided to go full retard on:

Most of my doodles come out of frustration I don't usually talk on the phone, when I am working on a painting or something for my comic book and get stuck at making something the way I need it too I pull out a different sheet and just start drawing sometimes a few circles turn into a person and I just keep working with it. I don't really consider it sketching because I have no idea of what I am drawing I just let it take over, I don't use any idea of form or composition I just start with rudimentary shapes and let it take over.
edit on 12-2-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

As promised, here are a few doodles of mine. I am noticing that a lot of people are putting legit art and drawings on here. Although I am impressed, I am sticking with the doodle theme!

edit on 12-2-2016 by ExNihiloRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Phone call from yesterday

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

I've an education in 2D and 3D engineering work; on paper and computer aided... yes indeed doodles are a doodle because the mind is not completely engaged its like automatic writing but with art. the line spacing, length of line match, and lack of line wobble while half engaged looks decent enough to tell me if wholly engaged? The op would be stellar in those two fields as the op is a natural for it whether the op was aware of it or not but I do have the ability to spot the potential.

lol sorry to be so serious about doodles and encourage something that may appear meaningless be more meaningful; I have a friend who has done the same doodle business for decades while on the phone waiting as his job calls for being on hold while mind numbing music drones on and his hand responds, but he expresses his artistic eye through photography.
edit on 12-2-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: addressed wrong person

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Your doodle reminds me of art called Zen Tangles... I'm not really a doodler as I've been more into realism this past year, so no doodles from me. Thanks for sharing, it looks from your line work you'd be very good at drafting or technical art.

I looked up Zen Tangles. Pretty great stuff. I'm going to look at the images and learn some patterns. One that looks like the gills of a mushroom particularly caught my eye.

edit on 12-2-2016 by kkrattiger because: Add pic

the line spacing, length of line match, and lack of line wobble while half engaged looks decent enough to tell me if wholly engaged? The op would be stellar in those two fields as the op is a natural for it whether the op was aware of it or not but I do have the ability to spot the potential.

Thank you!
I learned that when making many parallel lines, instead of starting each line at the top, alternate starting from bottom to starting from top. It makes them look less uniform but still "in line" on an aesthetically pleasing way. When drawing many lines in paralel, the tendency is to "scrawl"... As in, how we do when writing cursive.
If anyone is familiar with Cyrillic characters, handwritten, you'll know about the many instances of letters looking like our Arabic lower case 'n'. There can be 5 or 6 of them in a row. Like a wave.

edit on 12-2-2016 by kkrattiger because: Add reply

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I see creatures! And buildings, of course.
Tell me, was this a business phone call?
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I like the type of pen it looks like you were using. Not a ballpoint. I like the many radiating lines theme. It is more spherically developed than my linear doodle.
a reply to: ExNihiloRed

edit on 12-2-2016 by kkrattiger because: Linear not loner

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Im glad to have broadened your doodle direction with the tangle patterning as you are there already evidenced by your patterning it is called zen because these various patterns can be incorporated without mind being present as once the intention for the pattern is given it only needs to occur once to then continue on half in and half out as a genuine doodle, the half in is just what you said noticing where the next line needs to go for the pattern... the many patterns can coalesce into a very abstract but uniform beauty the more patterns one knows, elevating it into a true art form even though the random ones are a form of abstract zen that is undifferentiated... this type unlike automatic writing that has a pattern is analogous to remote viewing which means those that doodle have a propensity for remote viewing if they have an interest to learn the practice... like those that enjoy patterning not only have a technical ability in technical drawing also have the possibility to excel at automatic writing as touched on previously.

When first starting out with automatic writing the "letters" will appear as many different characters many appear as one foreign to the one someone is accustomed too with a few characters mixed in that they are accustomed too... over more time with it the automatic writing will eventually only be in the letters one is accustomed too and then eventually into whole words and then into context and then a message one is surprised to read as their discriminating mind was not attached in its formation.

So yeah these doodles are much more if their potential is developed. I have not done enough remote viewing practice once is not enough lol with doodles so I cannot respond with how to do that but my experience with automatic writing suggests it involves developing visual images in the mind while directed with a prompt for what one wishes to see even though they are not present, much the same way mind reading depends on sound, and if another is adept at such then telepathy can result between individuals... very difficult to master is it can often lead to schizophrenia when the ability is present but uncontrolled, where the person has the radio on but no control over the station it tunes too.

I know this falls into pseudo science... but thats only because it is seen in an improper light. knowing the how explains the why, not knowing the why automatically makes the how impossible to know and can only stab a guess without proper method to scientifically prove and repeat to consistency... but the key to it all is awareness, but hyper awareness without knowing the cause of the awareness or what is happening is very distressing when the one so gifted is not aware or understands how to control the gift or even see it as a gift but an illness or disorder by those that also do not understand it. Once understanding of what causes it to arise is known, then one can know how it manifests and then master it... but the root is awareness and the control is focus, where ever one places ones mind? that is where it is found, if one has no control over where they place their mind? then they are simply following it where ever it wants to go and are helpless to control its direction so they use distraction and entertainment of some sort as a relief from the chaos as a method to tune out and block the flooding torrent of thought and sense impressions by replacing them with something that directs it to a place they enjoy so the mind can relax... this is not unlike controlling ones dreams, yet in an awakened state.

lol sorry for this huge unload that drifted from doodles itself and into the unconscious phenomena itself and the potential it has and dangers it has when uncontrolled. it arises from what some call the collective unconscious, but when awake to what it is then one can be fully in control and conscious of it.

edit: with proper practice of course
edit on 12-2-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: extra and sp

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness
None of that made any sense

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Not my issue study whats found in it, and it will become clear... sorry to be so brash, but without education of what someone speaks? its is going to appear as nonsense... even though those those versed in what I am speaking it will make complete sense... my apologies if the words are familiar but the topic is like a foreign language one can hear the words of but not comprehend for it to appear ordered.
edit on 12-2-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I guess I don't have a very zen mind.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

But you do... it just goes unnoticed which means it is there just not recognizable to experience, and well study can help one recognize it but be careful as it is only a rote understanding based on past experience one thinks they own... when others can experience it too meaning you are not your experience as that forms an ego and a self to defend and uphold as a precious treasure, when seen in mass... when seen for what it is a small part of the whole then you are no longer rich with shards and fragments of these jewels of experience, but open to receive the total experience of something that is in essence unlimited, but the ego and self places limits which allows them no further growth and greed, hate, and ignorance over this attachment to shards of experience or tiny little windows of memory and not the actual experience in total wisdom of it for what it is.

Doodles is a way in which this manifests... raising a hand without commanding it to raise for a scratch is another manifestation of it, speaking without thinking is another manifestation of it... but all of this typically is hidden under the transitory self that never existed to begin with into the total self that has no ego or form or attachment other than the one others have for their existence. For example, I have no responsibility for others emotions or understanding, as I speak of experience and not about experience as if it were mine and mine alone to miser as great profit can be had from harnessing it, and this is where many stop when attached to the material itself found within it... when the true richness comes from continuing onward and showing others the very thing you always felt you lacked because what you feel you have lacked that others had not provided... if examined youll find that that lack you have from others is exactly what you are to them, so how can one lack what they are? Realization of such is to find true purpose... I encourage others in whatever thy are passionate about so they can be happy and fullfilled. After doing such for a few years you are encouraged happy and fulfilled due to the karma of giving it to others, it returns when they feel encouraged, happy and fulfilled in their passions... and that return is payment enough.

Cripes... I guess I need to log off as the log keeps drifting. I do not want to derail any thread, just expand and add deeper consideration from what those involved might be interested in by questions, not so easily answered to where the topic still appears present... but without this explained then it leads to more questions and aint nobody got time for that... so plop... and my sincere apologies for this $h!t OP and any moderator scratching their head above the off topic button... as it wont bother me if deleted in the slightest.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I doodle all the time I used to make all kinds of wierd patterns hell I used to do my math homework in circles instead of vertical or horizontal just to piss off my teacher with of course the answer in the middle. Now I doodle but I they always turn into all kinds of forms people places and things that I may or may not have ever seen before IDK a simple shape turns into a complex thing. I don't think I do zen when I look at lines (I draw lines all day long crosshatching from here to hell and then deeper into hell lines lines lines) I see all kinds of things, most of the time lines remind me of rocks or crumpled paper balls. When I see interesting rocks or balls of crumpled paper I see frustration and then I see things.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join