It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyonce's Formation what's Your Reaction.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
With the exception of some of Eldridge Cleaver's ideas I like a lot of what the original panthers stood for. Huey Newton was an incredibly brave and fearless man.

It's just hard to take it from a millionaire that obviously bleaches and stepped on damn near everybody she's ever worked with to get to the top. Maybe it's cynical but it just reeks of desperation and the need to appear relevant .. I really hope it's coming from a genuine place but I doubt it.

The panthers didn't define success by the mass accumulation of wealth, Malcolm X didn't either. I wonder what they would have made of her hypersexualised blonde weave wearing money is everything image.

It seems every bit as hollow as Jay suddenly claiming 5% and wearing the universal flag after he's ditched everybody that put in blood, sweat and tears to help him make it.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
She is cashing in on racism, helping it perpetuate probably so she can cash in some more later and keep on cashing in.

And shes not in a vacuum here. This stuff has to be approved. She may have had little to do with its creation. There are directors and producers. I smell....sniff, sniff.....never mind.

Anyway folks she just didn't show up with this and say "start the cameras".

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Very interesting comments one and all, but I don't know how many of you guys would have felt about the 68 Olympics , the complaints about police misconducts were the same , star athletes above did their protest moves and everyone was punished non mores so than the white guy klik here to see his story The Story Behind The White Guy In This Historic Photo
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The question is if you were alive or aware of your environment back then how many would think it was inappropriate .

warning vid is cut with profanity.

In any case this is the vid, not the Superbowl performance, an interesting side note she mentioned Red Lobster one time in a non repeat line, boosting that company's sales to 33% the following day making that company so happy they named a dish after her, so however one feels about her music,general talent or political message she most definitely have some pull.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: svetlana84

Who played? Who won the game? No one knows.

Who played the World Cup? Who won?

But your point is valid. As good a game as football is, the Superbowl doesn't really count.

I must say that was an epic comeback. Soccer is supposed to be more popular than American type football throughout the world. Just as surely as someone couldn't name a football player beyond Peyton Manning across the pond, I admittedly don't know any soccer players beyond the names Pele (who retired like thirty years ago) and David Beckham. But everyone worldwide seems to know about the Superbowl halftime performances.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
I was definitely not impressed by it. Not really a fan of her music, though I do like her husband's.

However, had a white singer evoked the dress of a white extremist group (since I believe the FBI does label the Black Panthers as one, though I may be wrong) do you think it would have been met with the same praise and ovation?

I'm surprised she didn't have a white guy dressed like a cop shoot her with blanks as she ran toward him with her arms up. Like I always say, real music died after the '80s. Like everyone is gaga over Lady Gaga. She ripped off the Madonna persona thirty years later. Even her song 'Born This Way' sounds exactly like Madonna's 'Vogue'.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

That's an amazing story about Peter Norman. It's sad to see how he suffered after the Olympics for being brave enough to stand up for civil rights.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

The question is if you were alive or aware of your environment back then how many would think it was inappropriate .

This statement is considerably different in so many ways as not to be comparable to what happened at the super bowl circus.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Not that anyone will care.

When the halftime show started I only watched it from the corner of my eye as I think all 3 acts are silly. When I first noticed Beyonce I was wondering why they focused in on this women with the thunder thighs and didn't realize who it was (she looked over weight). I didn't pay enough attention to see/feel any message, looked like the same old dance moves and the same old bad music. I certainly won't watch it again. Not a place for an outside agenda.

Maybe they should go back to boring marching bands. Todays Pop Music is so stale.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Soccer is supposed to be more popular than American type football throughout the world

There is no " supposed " about it.

2.65 BILLION people play football ( soccer ) around the world.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Spider879

This statement is considerably different in so many ways as not to be comparable to what happened at the super bowl circus.

How so??.. and mind you 68 was supposedly post civil rights era I think the main difference these guys while respected today will die middle class and Peter Norman died broke she will die a billionaire if add to her husband money or a multi millionaire in her own right, so she can literally afford to do this no pain.
edit on 11-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think people are easily distracted by symbolism and words when only actions really matter.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
"You know you might be the next black Bill Gates. You know I might be the next Black Bill Gates".

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation".

And so you have, Beyoncé.

I thought it was fantastic. Or, do you prefer to pretend like none of these things ever happened?

Why should she?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
I was definitely not impressed by it. Not really a fan of her music, though I do like her husband's.

However, had a white singer evoked the dress of a white extremist group (since I believe the FBI does label the Black Panthers as one, though I may be wrong) do you think it would have been met with the same praise and ovation?

I'm surprised she didn't have a white guy dressed like a cop shoot her with blanks as she ran toward him with her arms up. Like I always say, real music died after the '80s. Like everyone is gaga over Lady Gaga. She ripped off the Madonna persona thirty years later. Even her song 'Born This Way' sounds exactly like Madonna's 'Vogue'.

Don't give her any ideas.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Beyoncé is an overweight entertainer trying to stay relevant.

She has a new album out and is trying to stir controversy to increase sales because the music probably sucks and this way she'll be able to blame racist white America for the low numbers instead of placing blame on her waning talent.

imho

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: UnBreakable

Soccer is supposed to be more popular than American type football throughout the world

There is no " supposed " about it.

2.65 BILLION people play football ( soccer ) around the world.

So, 2.65 billion foot faeries are afraid to get tackled.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Beyoncé is an overweight entertainer trying to stay relevant.

She has a new album out and is trying to stir controversy to increase sales because the music probably sucks and this way she'll be able to blame racist white America for the low numbers instead of placing blame on her waning talent.

imho

The numbers are through the roof like or dislike her single, and like I said above she mentioned Red Lobster in one non repeat line boosting that company's sale 33% in a single day.
edit on 11-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Beyonce always got the best weave.

Song wasn't her best, I dont think it was the outrageous.

I mean not like someone hasnt done a song like it before.

Black empowerment. Controversy.

Really redlobster? nobody should eat there, ever.
edit on 11-2-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
"You know you might be the next black Bill Gates. You know I might be the next Black Bill Gates".

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation".

And so you have, Beyoncé.

I thought it was fantastic. Or, do you prefer to pretend like none of these things ever happened?

Why should she?

Yes, clearly deep and enlightening rhetoric,can you tell me what it even means? Those words are so deep I can't even see her anymore.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Well, good for her, I guess. I think it was all planned though.

There's a sucker born every minute.
-PT Barnum

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

It means all have the potential to achieve greatness even that "Bitch" Beyonce

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join