It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyonce's Formation what's Your Reaction.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I missed all the politics in her set. I just thought she'd packed on the pounds a bit and that it was a pity.

Mind you, it was very late for me so my brain wasn't functioning so well.

I think you had to possess 32" thighs to qualify for that dance troop, as well as be black.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: UnBreakable

Such diversity in that dance troop and band. Maybe she' wants to get revenge for the Oscars.

Well as much diversity as Lord Of The Rings which I still love regardless..

Bad comparison. TLOTR takes place in a mythical land with Hobbits and dragons. Beyonce is supposedly trying to make a statement about the real world as she sees it.

They could've myth make with some collerd folks..
but look I ain't mad like I said I lov it for what it is.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: UnBreakable

Such diversity in that dance troop and band. Maybe she' wants to get revenge for the Oscars.

Well as much diversity as Lord Of The Rings which I still love regardless..

Bad comparison. TLOTR takes place in a mythical land with Hobbits and dragons. Beyonce is supposedly trying to make a statement about the real world as she sees it.

They could've myth make with some collerd folks..
but look I ain't mad like I said I lov it for what it is.

She should've incorporated Gandalf in her routine. That would've made it fun for everyone.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicSmack
a reply to: Spider879

she is glorifying the black panthers who where openly racist. if i put on a white hood and did a song i would be in jail and would be viewed rastist even if the song had a positive message. i like the artist you mentioned (most songs some are mehh) jedi mind tricks is good too and deltron 3000 is funky check em out if you havent heard them.

The original Black Panthers were no such thing, I don't why ppl kept repeating that zombie lie, call them terrorist if you like and they certainly devolved into violence through the use of cointelpro.

The truth is that the Panthers could claim a valid aggrieved status where as the KKK where just a bunch that longed for the days when blacks had no rights. Now days it rings very hollow, the super bowl thing, when we have a black president, black QBs everywhere, coaches ect ect. Even the recent flap out in Hollywood is hollow and really does depend on being able to manipulate a generation that want alive in the 60s and 70s.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I was around then. Inner city riots with snipers shooting national guard, firemen and cops. It looked like war was about to break out. Today in comparison.....no comparison....although some have tried, its also a different generation of blacks that want to move on

Yes but here is the thing, we can go to the Posse Comitatus forum or pick up any daily press release and read about unarmed Blk and Latinos being killed by LEO or stop and frisk in essence doing anything while black and you can see the comparison, not to say that somethings haven't gotten better ex few Blk folks back then had the kind of money and pull Beyonce and Jay Z have today.
edit on 11-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

she is glorifying the black panthers who where openly racist. if i put on a white hood and did a song i would be in jail and would be viewed rastist even if the song had a positive message. i like the artist you mentioned (most songs some are mehh) jedi mind tricks is good too and deltron 3000 is funky check em out if you havent heard them.

The main stream has caught you in its current... she said nothing about black panthers that's the spinner bait that people keep biting. The only black panther business I saw was on helmets and jerseys... could that be an unintentional subliminal warping things out of proportion?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What's my reaction to Beyonce's "formation"?

Well, my reaction is who gives a damn about Beyonce, the Super Bowl or what she does at the halftime show.

The entire thing is nothing but Bread and Circus to keep the people happy and distracted. What a complete and utter waste of time.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

The main stream has caught you in its current... she said nothing about black panthers that's the spinner bait that people keep biting. The only black panther business I saw was on helmets and jerseys... could that be an unintentional subliminal warping things out of proportion?

I have to respectfully disagree they meant Black Panther, it's no media spin right or wrong.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Yes not black panthers obviously

Everyone's just misunderstanding, so one poster says this is in your face, another- that this is black panthers but that's ok because they weren't a hate group (in that time) and you say it's all bogus and perceptions. Yes perceptions indeed but at who's folly? In case you missed it

Though I will say, in the time of relevance that they existed, they were not racist, they were racially exclusive so you could make an argument in that direction. However, we are not in a stagnant world, and the conditions that gave rise to the black panthers have since changed,and thus they fell apart.

A new organization has arisen in its place,and this in our relevant time is aptly called the "new black panthers" and they are a hate group. So what does this message tell us? Where is the struggle ?demonstrating in from of millions of people many of which are white, what message are you sending to Joe schmoo who goes to work and pays his dues and struggles day in and day out and happens to be white? Seriously ponder this, because there are people in this thread who get guilt and shamed and own a debt that they should not pay. This is no other than a racially motivated agenda. That's all I have to say about this

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It occurs to me some people are so busy being offended (and offensive) they fail to truly examine what the video is about.
... and it is "deep", it is racist, but I think in studious way. A realistic way. A way that is based on our histories.

I've missed some of the references, probably many -- they go by in a flash but they are there, yes the Black Panthers, and also Martin Luther King, Michael Jackson, Katrina. More. I will need to watch it again.

(I don't have time to respond to you individually Tech, or Redoubt, because I've got to get to my office, and I'm not even dressed yet. Sorry. If the thread is still active when I get home?)

She doesn't say anything that isn't true. She is Black. She highlights what it is like to be Black. She wanted to talk about it, have a conversation about it. She has done that.

What the performance is about to me, is Black Pride -- But mostly about Being Black in America.

She doesn't say anything that isn't true or is misleading. I don't know why anyone would fault her for that. *shrugs*

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

I was around then. Inner city riots with snipers shooting national guard, firemen and cops. It looked like war was about to break out. Today in comparison.....no comparison....although some have tried, its also a different generation of blacks that want to move on

Yes but here is the thing, we can go to the Posse Comitatus forum or pick up any daily press release and read about unarmed Blk and Latinos being killed by LEO or stop and frisk in essence doing anything while black and you can see the comparison, not to say that somethings haven't gotten better ex few Blk folks back then had the kind of money and pull Beyonce and Jay Z have today.

This is complicated. Back in the day a clear case for racism could be made. These days a lot of cases look like more like paranoia with all the very violent Latino and black gangs out there, killing their own in record numbers for several decades. Its another thing we have to face in the discussion. Blacks are far more violent these days and certainly with each other than the were years ago. They need to answer these questions before pointing to many fingers at other races here.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

it is a two way street. im white and grew up in the bronx in the 90s, black kids used to try to jump me all the time because i was white. i dont hold any grudges though i know they where just upset about their situation and misguided.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

She doesn't say anything that isn't true. She is Black. She highlights what it is like to be Black. She wanted to talk about it, have a conversation about it. She has done that.

What the performance is about to me, is Black Pride -- But mostly about Being Black in America.

She doesn't say anything that isn't true or is misleading. I don't know why anyone would fault her for that. *shrugs*

Does she truly know what it's like to be black? By being a pampered celebrity with her and her husband Jay-Z being worth millions of dollars? Living in a magnificent house? Having nannies tend for her daughter and a house cleaning service? The white cops she hates so much providing security for her at her performances? Gee, if that's what being black is all about, count me in. She has no idea what it truly means to be black in America. Not that I do either, but all the black folks I know don't have the life she has.
edit on 2jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

There was a time where I was deep into conscious hiphop but I've come to realise all of them..dead prez, tech and especially common are full of sh*t.

It was easy to be outspoken when Bush was in power, easy to appear politically conscious and talk about fighting the system, if you didn't have an anti Bush song on your mixtape then you screamed about it at the shows...then Obama got in and everybody shut up real fast. Common got his condescending pat on the head and a visit to the Whitehouse and 20 years of talking about being a revolutionary disappeared overnight.

I think Kweli, Lupe, Chuck D and Mos Def were the only ones that said anything.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Beyoncé is all about Beyoncé. Those four little words apply here: "It's all about money." This is in keeping with the super bowl philosophy and the NFL in general. The money machine needs oiled and she provides grease for them and herself as they provide a national stage for her. A win-win.

She is living in the 1% world and pretending to be linked to the "homeys in the 'hood" She pretends at black identity but seems to be trying to look white; maybe for marketing purposes. Her political statements are all about publicity because the Hollywood types say all publicity is good publicity. "It's all about money."

Her behavior is like much of the black "entertainers" who glorify the gangsta' crap, sucker kids in believing their garbage, and live the high life far from the common man. What does the world need? None of the "being too white" nonsense that plagues intelligent black youth, good educations and career pathways, no more "snitches get stitches" which perpetuates gang violence and results in the black community complaining about poor police closure rates and criminal prosecutions.
"It's all about money."

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

It occurs to me some people are so busy being offended (and offensive) they fail to truly examine what the video is about.
... and it is "deep", it is racist, but I think in studious way. A realistic way. A way that is based on our histories.

Oh yea minus the images of her living in the lap of luxury and gangsters tossing piles of cash around, white kids wearing black sports heroes shoes and ect, snapping up her latest album ect......not to mention images of blacks blowing each other up all over the place.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

yea man, Hip-hop (if you still can call it that) today promotes narcissism and materialism. there is no spirit in it anymore at least in the main stream.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Immortal Technique is still out there man, walking that walk and talking it too.
edit on 11-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

she's asking you to see something through her eyes.

I'd love to see the world through the eyes of a billionaire, but I don't see it as a realistic proposition...

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Now that the thread is dying down, and for anybody who cares.....
The female in question PAID the NFL to be able to perform at halftime.
Katy Perry was the first to PAY the NFL to do the halftime show last year.

Just sayn.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join