It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyonce's Formation what's Your Reaction.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Beyonce's Formation what's Your Reaction

It was basically a socio-political statement.

It's not the first time the Super Bowl halftime show has been used to carry such a message. Considering the number of people sure to be watching, it is almost unavoidable. The League is sometimes in cahoots and other times, gets caught with its britches down.

One simply has to to be ready and then, see it for what it is.
Beyond that? It's harmless... unless allowed to be otherwise.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well, good for her, I guess. I think it was all planned though.

There's a sucker born every minute.
-PT Barnum

Off course it was well planned and executed for maximum effect, this certainly wasn't off the cuff.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I can't even see her anymore

I'm sorry then, that you've gone blind, because she's asking you to see something through her eyes.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
i think it was racist. i think black people get away with being racist in this day in age, if a white person did something like that they would be sue or something. i dont like her and i dont like her husband, i think they are both over rated. underground hip hop is where the real show is.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Obviously Beyonce got a Brazilian wax before donning that outfit, luckily she didn't look like Larry from the Three Stooges down there.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

"See through her eyes" - You mean something so ambiguous that it requires such eloquent sentence formation and descriptive terms?

Or do you mean the contrived, plastic veneer worn by a modern day charlatan to appear like a rebel for the cause,and to convince those who truly are less fortunate (like you) that she's making a difference, and you can to if you just cry her racially motivated agenda in pitch.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicSmack
i think it was racist. i think black people get away with being racist in this day in age, if a white person did something like that they would be sue or something. i dont like her and i dont like her husband, i think they are both over rated. underground hip hop is where the real show is.

Silly, don't you know only white Christian males can be racist in today's world?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Is there a difference between 'being racist" and pointing out racism?
If you think the song was racist, then the song was not for you. It was perhaps, about you?
When Katrina was happening, most of us could see what was happening as it happened. When Barbara Bush said of the people in the superdome "It's not that different for them, they are used to living that way", referring to the filth, the rapes, the crime, the lack of facilities. We saw it then. We see it now. Katrina was our shame. Our disgrace.

So tell me, CosmicSmack, how is it racist for Beyoncé to talk about it?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

"See through her eyes" - You mean something so ambiguous that it requires such eloquent sentence formation and descriptive terms?

Or do you mean the contrived, plastic veneer worn by a modern day charlatan to appear like a rebel for the cause,and to convince those who truly are less fortunate (like you) that she's making a difference, and you can to if you just cry her racially motivated agenda in pitch.

Such diversity in that dance troop and band. Maybe she' wants to get revenge for the Oscars.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Why do you think it was racist, I like you to visit the vid for it's political content and it's allusions, yes they are rich and snotty but Immortal Technique and Dead President would never had that opportunity to perform at the Superbowl matter fact not much in radio play and some of their songs is highly critical of institutional racism.
Btw Dance with the Devil never gets old.
edit on 11-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

See through her eyes" - You mean something so ambiguous that it requires such eloquent sentence formation and descriptive terms?

Do you think it's ambiguous? I think it's rather in-yo-face.

Or do you mean the contrived, plastic veneer worn by a modern day charlatan to appear like a rebel for the cause,and to convince those who truly are less fortunate (like you) that she's making a difference,

How is Beyoncé a modern day charlatan? She's a very celebrated singer and has something to say. Do you want to silence her?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

she is glorifying the black panthers who where openly racist. if i put on a white hood and did a song i would be in jail and would be viewed rastist even if the song had a positive message. i like the artist you mentioned (most songs some are mehh) jedi mind tricks is good too and deltron 3000 is funky check em out if you havent heard them.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Such diversity in that dance troop and band. Maybe she' wants to get revenge for the Oscars.

Well as much diversity as Lord Of The Rings which I still love regardless..

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

There's nothing in your face about it, and anyone suggesting that would #ing be crushed under the "in your face" I know from my personal experiences to well. This kind of protest is resembling of trump, it's a jester protest, but let's clarify where you misunderstood my use of ambiguous.

The cause is ambigious when you use sentences like:

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation".

This is laughable garbage, she's a charlatan for trying to sell you the struggle, and you actually find this to be legitment? This is a racially motivated agenda nothing more, coming from someone who does not know struggle, who is far removed from such a thing. There is real racism let's fight it, this isn't the way.

Do I wish to silence her?
No, I wish that she is paraded around as the jester she is behaving as. Everyone has a right to speech some obviously more so than others- with a larger audience (far removed remember) regardless, let her speak but I will speak to, do you wish to silence me?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

she is glorifying the black panthers who where openly racist. if i put on a white hood and did a song i would be in jail and would be viewed rastist even if the song had a positive message. i like the artist you mentioned (most songs some are mehh) jedi mind tricks is good too and deltron 3000 is funky check em out if you havent heard them.

The original Black Panthers were no such thing, I don't why ppl kept repeating that zombie lie, call them terrorist if you like and they certainly devolved into violence through the use of cointelpro.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

If you think the song was racist, then the song was not for you. It was perhaps, about you?

Racism is a two-way street and in this day and age, there's no doubt that such exists.

Could it have been interpreted as being racist? Yes.
The question is 'intent' and just from watching the performance, it could be seen either way.

Should someone who saw it as being racist, be called a racist?
Only if we are embraced in purposeful hypocrisy.

What should be offered?
IMESHO, explanation in detail and in a non-aggressive manner.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I missed all the politics in her set. I just thought she'd packed on the pounds a bit and that it was a pity.

Mind you, it was very late for me so my brain wasn't functioning so well.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Beyonce is an artist ... as such she has artistic licence whether you like it or not
Many people are quick to judge on here-say and rumour based on their own pre-prejudices ...

Lemmy the recently deceased musician often dressed with Nazi symbols ...
Did he care what any said or thought against him ... Not really ... He said something like this
"If I introduced one of my black girlfriends to Hitler do you think he would like it"

Art draws the viewer or listener by entertaining the mind ... many perceived prejudices are those of the viewer and not the artist ...
Acting is an art ... Charlatanism is a different beast

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: UnBreakable

Well as much diversity as Lord Of The Rings which I still love regardless..

Bad comparison. TLOTR takes place in a mythical land with Hobbits and dragons. Beyonce is supposedly trying to make a statement about the real world as she sees it.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

The question is if you were alive or aware of your environment back then how many would think it was inappropriate .

This statement is considerably different in so many ways as not to be comparable to what happened at the super bowl circus.

How so??.. and mind you 68 was supposedly post civil rights era I think the main difference these guys while respected today will die middle class and Peter Norman died broke she will die a billionaire if add to her husband money or a multi millionaire in her own right, so she can literally afford to do this no pain.

Yes and she's a millionaire because so many white kids have always liked her work. It was way different back then. What these guys did spoke.....this modern day stuff is simply gratuitous cashing in on a captive audience, selling celebrity to back it up, taking advantage of the far less racialized generation to create hype.

68 was the year King was assassinated. I was around then. Inner city riots with snipers shooting national guard, firemen and cops. It looked like war was about to break out. Today in comparison.....no comparison....although some have tried, its also a different generation of blacks that want to move on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join