It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyonce's Formation what's Your Reaction.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoadCourse
a reply to: Spider879

Now that the thread is dying down, and for anybody who cares.....
The female in question PAID the NFL to be able to perform at halftime.
Katy Perry was the first to PAY the NFL to do the halftime show last year.

Just sayn.

Interesting twist so it was basically her party.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

Well that football team is gonna feel the bite over it. They lost a lot of commitments in this class to other schools. Apologists will say it's because the coach quit, but it could also be because of the shenanigans.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
"Miss Piggy Goes to Black Lives Matter"

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i love beyonce shes in my opinion the best female singer of her time, i hate bruno marz or whatever his name is. i dont watch football.

is this the point of the thread?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I have to respectfully disagree they meant Black Panther, it's no media spin right or wrong.

Since it was not mentioned at all in the slightest; you are aware that it is an assumption to say thats what was meant when it wasnt stated... we can't make assumptions on symbology and hyperbole alone and call it fact.
edit on 11-2-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
My reaction was that I thought she had huge thighs.

I didn't even realize it was so controversial until I saw memes flying all over Facebook. I was kind of upset at my white friends who thought this was wrong, but I remember them being big fans of Body Count when we were younger. People are so easily offended anymore.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
She should be cast out of the country!

HOW DARE SHE BLASPHEME OUR SECULAR HOLY DAY!!!

How dare she intrude with all those brain damaged all American fut ball heroes

The SUPER BOWL is as sacred to US Americans as Christmas is to Christians

And it almost makes as much money as Christmas

How dare she

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
She should be cast out of the country!

HOW DARE SHE BLASPHEME OUR SECULAR HOLY DAY!!!

How dare she intrude with all those brain damaged all American fut ball heroes

The SUPER BOWL is as sacred to US Americans as Christmas is to Christians

And it almost makes as much money as Christmas

How dare she

Do I detect

SARCASM?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
i love beyonce shes in my opinion the best female singer of her time, i hate bruno marz or whatever his name is. i dont watch football.

is this the point of the thread?

Well more like is it the artist job to only entertain or can and should they educate or make us think, and when is it appropriate to voice an opinion, is there a free speech zone?? ...think about this for a second the family of Tamir Rice have to pay the city of Cleveland $500 for carting away the dead boy of their son, shot with in seconds after arrival of LEOs in another case where the city's prosecutors act as defense like in Ferguson , in another a LEO is suing the family over his killing of an unarmed mentally disturbed teen in the tune of $10,000,000 for mental distress, cases like these going back way beyond Trayvon Martin.
How should an artist famous or not express her or his views to the widest audience possible and perhaps shake folks out their complacency.
Yes she is extremely wealthy but that do not mean she can't reflect back on her more humble beginnings from which she came.

My daddy Alabama, Momma Louisiana
You mix that negro with that Creole make a Texas bama
I like my baby heir with baby hair and afros
I like my negro nose with Jackson Five nostrils
Earned all this money but they never take the country out me
I got a hot sauce in my bag, swag
genius.com...

My opinion on the whole matter is it was appropriately inappropriate.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

That's not what happened. She made a blatant racist statement in referring to Malcolm X, an individual who advocated violence/genocide against whites.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Obsrvr

That's not what happened. She made a blatant racist statement in referring to Malcolm X, an individual who advocated violence/genocide against whites.

Well which Malcolm X the pre hajj Malcolm or the post hajj Malcolm there is a difference, and as far as I know he never called for genocide against whites,he called for intelligent self defense , some one hit you hit back ,someone shoot you, you shoot back, we can debate the tactic of violence as a right of self defense or active non violent resistance, which is just as fine but, I am also a vet that part take in America's conflicts in which people died I am torn when to use or not to use violence.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Wasn't it a new moon on the super bowl?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Obsrvr

If you read the autobiography of malcolm x you'll see his evolution in thinking throughout his life. He was a very different guy by the end of it.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

you know who was offended? people watching the superbowl, good that what you get for watching the superbowl.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Unfortunately, the over all police policy for dealing with situations makes non violent resistance nearly impossible... as their escalation policies go... inform then restrain any resistance to restraint... such as an officer grabbing your arm and the instinct of self preservation says pull away not to mention if you feel you havent broken any law it enforces that instinct which then evolves into fight or flight. This simple resistance is then escalated to allow use of force... labeled as resisting arrest and if the suspect continues to resist then deadly force often comes into play... so a very grey area left to officer judgement that sometimes requires immediate action.

I was in a vehicle with a driver that had no drivers license in my early 20's; I did not know this fact, myself and two other passengers were drunk at the time, and this fellow came to the "rescue" as designated. So, the police 4 squad cars for some reason... decided we all needed searching and sobriety tests even though we said we'd call a cab after the drivers arrest.

Well, I wasnt asked to step out I was grabbed then told step out even though everyone was completely compliant at the time. So I get out flashlight always right in my face disorienting me further than the alcohol which will naturally cause you to do what in response? Sheild your eyes... I didnt but that movement can be seen as a reason to escalate to force. So after the literal 3rd degree to make sure my and the other passengers stories match for some weird now its all an investigation instead of a routine traffic stop(no signal for lane change)

To make a long story short, when I was getting frisked hands in the air like Cornholio... the officer completely starts digging around on my man hood from the back I pivot at the waist hands still up and say... Hey! Next thing I know Im on the ground with a knee in the back of my neck for around 10 minutes cuffed in those link-less hinge cuffs as the other officers are doing who knows what as my face is being ground into the pavement as officer douche wiggles around like he has ADHD(my apologies to any affected member just the best description for his behavior).

The owner of the vehicle was arrested for DUI so two down and two to go?.. but since my and a females records were spotless or I was abused and clearly did not resist if I was arrested they would have had to explain why and well law suit, the female said she was groped considerably by two officers I suppose the first didnt check her beasts or up her dress well enough... she saw what happened to me a froze to not get the same fate.

So I had nice bloody wrists cause he seemed to like pulled up on the cuffs as he wiggled and of course lots of sand and grit embedded in my face and a busted lip and bloody elbows/knuckles from the take down as I did not break the hands up posture... I knew how the cities police were and complied 100% aside from a a slight waist turn saying Hey! at the flagrant groping that came with no frisk warning starting there.

So yeah, I can understand the black lives matter issue beyond the race implications with experience for police abuse... but also since minority individuals are often targeted due to drug war profiling? It's not a racially motivated movement, it is a protest by the population most targeted for this kind of illegal quasi legal abuse that has avoided prosecution for decades. Theres even a federal law saying you can lie on the stand which officers often employ... so why be sworn in at all?

So yeah broken stuff as we are all now aware in the main steam thanks to BLM... and thankfully some reform has been and is underway to stop this atrocity of rampant abuse by those sworn to protect and serve... serve used to come first; meaning serve citizens first then protect interests 2nd, now in most all places I know of; its protect interest first(whos is my question) then serve.

If anyone is wondering why I didnt take it to court?.. do you really think having an organized legal gang in your city as an enemy plus that wouldnt do anything to penalize those involved; as any settlement would come out of my fellow citizens pockets and the offending officer wouldnt even pay those as they are welcomed to other jurisdiction in other states and cities through the FOP to do the exact same thing so a free vacation and him getting paid to move to a new place... yeah that wasnt going to happen... as it rewards the behavior.

edit on 11-2-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Her party? I guess you could say that.
I don't know who specifically, but the NFL had to approve it.
Maybe the performance was changed after approval? I wouldn't know....but possible.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

If anyone is wondering why I didnt take it to court?.. do you really think having an organized legal gang in your city as an enemy plus that wouldnt do anything to penalize those involved; as any settlement would come out of my fellow citizens pockets and the offending officer wouldnt even pay those as they are welcomed to other jurisdiction in other states and cities through the FOP to do the exact same thing so a free vacation and him getting paid to move to a new place... yeah that wasnt going to happen... as it rewards the behavior.

And that's the crux of the matter one literally cannot afford justice , so a pattern of abuse became entrenched.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Exactly... and that's the real message to be drawn from this controversy, that wants to race bait instead of see the larger picture. The riots and race wars of the 60s-70s do not need to be recycled by the "albino alligators" or dinosaur-esque notions of race supremacy; based on something no one has ever ever chosen when being born: their skin coloring.

Oh and indeed the no prosecution resulting in jail can be used as a loop hole as an excuse for moving elsewhere and a lengthy paid vacation... making the abuse into a reward system does reinforce what is utterly wrong.

edit on 12-2-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: extra

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Kinda what I tried to explain some pgs back.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join