It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

@ Bullying- it is a social issue that starts at youth and permeates into adulthood...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Cyber bullying is also a major issue that was not present in the past. This is why NU approaches are required to fix this mental-social-potential physical issue...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

The post responses have been observed, 1 appreciates

I have read some speaking defensively about how the approaches should be for the bullied children. Some of these approaches are a bit extreme but 1 understands others are quite logical with the martial arts training to encourage mental-physical & social health
likes a lot, ESPECIALLY IF THE TEACHER OR SENSEI IS GOOD ONE…

The defensive approach 1 understands totally for as a child I always had ATTEMPTED bullies 😉 I say attempted because I was able to defend myself AFTER I talked with my dad and he explained to me how to deal with single or multiple confrontations. Dad heard me in my room upset it was late nearing the Santas workshop school process... I had three bullies this was first grade. I yes back then lived in St. Clair Village (projects) to be exact, so many of the children were bussed together to school in large groups it seemed. Many of the kids unfortunately DIDN’T have a mother and father home base working towards their best interest, so many of these kids went to school unfed-mentally drained-ignorant and some displaying bully behaviors they may have seen at home with their parents…

I don’t sweat the issues with growing up there as it taught me how to deal with planets that act like projects 😉 think about it…

1 STILL LOVES YOU ALL* though

On topic: at home age about say 6SOL years late night thinking about how a couple of bullies from my neighborhood where attempting to intimidate me. They were saying I had to give them my Santas workshop toys / items the next day, or else?
I didn’t know what to do. This was my first real encounter with confrontation so yes 1 was sad and very upset. But my dad who heard me in my room upset called me down stairs to talk (still late) so he asked me what was wrong I hesitated at first but then told him. My dad took some time to find out who the bullies where as he probably knew their parents, those projects are were extremely close nit. Anyway after some time he put his hands up and told me to start punching 😊 so I listened and started 1 still remembers this clearly. After a few punches he helped me figure out how to punch better. And told me when you go to school tomorrow if they surround you the first one you see in my dads words “dust him off” meaning Reflect the ignorance they attempted to reflect upon you & if you get sent home I will talk to your mom.
I went to school next day not interested in starting anything during the bus ride there it started. Tries to ignore but its to hard too many other peers on bus feeding the energy. Gets off school bus walking into school they surround me… Words were said by them I said nothing just remembered what my dad said. And as soon as they got close enough I responded. My response scared the group or taught them in mass and potentially bullies. I was sent home felt better in a weird way. Dad did as he said and talked to mom and I spent the day of thinking and feeling better.

I shared this personal data with some of you to let you see how harsh it is and can be (in case you forgot) for these kids mentally I fortunately had a fighter as a Dad so he taught me to defend myself. Many children do not have the option of defensive parents and so are just stuck because they don’t know what to do when confronted. It is not easy, some of you maybe can relate some of you maybe cannot. Your stuck as a child dealing with peer pressures from the group on top of from the pressure of a bully sadly it can and has caused suicidal events. So to 1 IS a very important issue of LEARNING. And so the OP.

The pressures as many say can be responded to aggressively but YOU have to factor something new with these youth these days and that’s GUNS and other weapons.

I had kids pulling pieces out on my in school in rest room pass bys you know maybe because I was a loner and didnt follow the groups so an attempted bully wanted to try and intimidate me by showing off their new weapon hmm not even in tenth grade yet and see if my reaction would grant their ego some praise. But it didn’t I continued on my way but extremely aware of the weapon near me in case I had to defend.

Now some I know will say WHY DIDN’T YOU RUN STRAIGHT TO THE PRINCIPLE OR TEACHER AND TELL? Then what?
Ok a student does that and is BRANDED throughout the entire school IMAGINE THAT PRESSURE NOW?
The student got one kid kicked off the property who may have already stashed his weapon so he will see you again? ok? But his friends still on property with weapons? Ok??
Also in past during 9th grade observed kids groups confrontations & fights & observed the school police in fear of youth groups back then due to gangs in city and perhaps they sensed the armed kids so they would kind of passively police the youth to just get them off school property and maybe its another policia issue then? Ok?
So as a student you telling would potentially put you in more danger THAT YOUR PARENTS COULDN’T EVEN IMAGINE you in or dealing with because they consider their days of school and bullies and not how extreme it has gotten and will continue to get or PERMEATE until fixed…
And now your left with what? In the school systems abroad today? For the kids to deal with 1 can read the collective and understand their unsilent ways of meditations to copes with it.
All why the adults are showing great leadership skills abroad? As ADULT BULLIES and so now I share with you the collective many of you may be ignoring.

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

edit on 2/9/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
These are examples of youth who basically cannot defend themselves so for those of you who say aggression is the answer. 1 is asking you to stand in the LIGHT* of the OP again and share how these poor children are supposed to defend themselves -aggressively-

www.wpxi.com...

Isaiah Wooding, 16, suffers from cerebral palsy and said some students tend to pick on him. Video posted on social media Friday showed the most recent act of bullying. A student was ready and recording Friday morning, waiting, as Isaiah Wooding turned a corner in the hallway of Penn Hills High School and captured another student kicking him in the chest.
“I got kicked in the chest. I fell backwards and hit my head,” Isaiah Wooding said. “I was kind of hurt, embarrassed.”

www.wpxi.com...

Krystal Mravintz said Bryce has a condition called Hirschsprung's disease, which affects muscles in the colon and keeps him in the hospital a lot. Bryce has to wear pull-ups because of the disease, and Krystal Mravintz believes that makes him a target. She said Thursday’s incident isn’t the first time her son has been bullied, but this time, he had to go to the hospital. Krystal Mravintz said Bryce suffered a mild concussion and bruising under his eyes.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
genetic social topic - psychology helps fix areas where direct chemical & physical changes cannot.

THIS IS A SAPIENS SAPIENS ISSUE

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Would it help if there were classes added to school from k to high school based on bullying?

Students would have to pass a course or courses on bullying that are just as relevant to passing as their other academic courses.

The course(s) would be psychological based but would allow the students opportunity to LEARN about what causes bullying.
And as the students learn of the causes it may help them to see their social core issues abroad with their peers and at home affecting their behaviors with other peers they take their frustrations out on.

As the students are taking courses asking questions to pass the psychological & social courses along with teachers evaluating the paperwork and working directly with the students, 1 felt maybe this could help trim the bullying that goes on in the school systems as a more direct psychological approach is taken to help the developing minds.
As it appears to be a psychological problem among some beings here...

So ATS would it help more or be a waste of time & money to add a actual class from k to 12 about bullying that is actually a psychological class to enhance moral judgment in the upcoming youth?

Feel free to add more input that you feel would help-

You cannot grow a world of bullies if you TEACH them early.
Which in turn builds a better future society...

Thanks in advance for your time any who share intelligent input-

NAMASTE*******

It begins and ends with what the children learn at home. If you don't model and teach respect at an early age it does not matter what is taught in schools. Parenting classes would be more effective.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
a reply to: Annee

Cyber bullying is also a major issue that was not present in the past. This is why NU approaches are required to fix this mental-social-potential physical issue...

OMG 13 year old girls - - the worst.

Yeah, I'm raising my 8 year old high functioning autistic grandson who lives for computers. I'm working with him not to post anything negative.

"If its not OK for your grandchildren to read/see - - then its not OK to post" - - that's what I'm teaching him. Never too soon.

Way too many times I read on ATS about how horrible PC is. NO! It was horrible before PC. I know. I was there.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I dont think this is the answer. Why cant parents just stop raising victims these days?

When I was coming up, I was taught to handle it myself if the proper authority (teachers etc...) didnt.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Martial Arts classes for everyone.

One of the root causes of Bullying is low self esteem. Martial Arts gives you real self Esteem and confidence and respect and to become an assertive well adjusted person. It also helps with stress and anger, which are other causes of Bullying.

At the same time you are teaching Bullys not to bully, you are also teaching the rest of the children how to defend themselves, be aware, confidence and teach the "Victim" Children to not be victims.

It's a win win all around. One class for all children, they all get self defense skills, they all gain confidence and self esteem, they all learn respect and etiquette and they all work thru anger and stress issues. What could be better?

Even better it counts towards PE credits.
edit on 9-2-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki
I dont think this is the answer. Why cant parents just stop raising victims these days?

When I was coming up, I was taught to handle it myself if the proper authority (teachers etc...) didnt.

Yeah, that's such good advice for a child.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Martial Arts classes for everyone.

One of the root causes of Bullying is low self esteem. Martial Arts gives you real self Esteem and confidence and respect and to become an assertive well adjusted person. It also helps with stress and anger, which are other causes of Bullying.

At the same time you are teaching Bullys not to bully, you are also teaching the rest of the children how to defend themselves, be aware, confidence and teach the "Victim" Children to not be victims.

It's a win win all around. One class for all children, they all get self defense skills, they all gain confidence and self esteem, they all learn respect and etiquette and they all work thru anger and stress issues. What could be better?

Even better it counts towards PE credits.

I'm for that. As long as they teach the philosophy along with it.

Good luck with that. Some religious parents got in an uproar about schools teaching Yoga.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: jobless1

the best bullies don't get caught bullying. They hang out with other bullies.They get jobs at places that condone them being a bully and they rarely see anything repercussion for their actions! Like I said the worst bullies know how to muddy the water so when the victim tells about the bully they have plausible deniability of knowing they committed anything wrong. I had a couple of coworkers openly admit to being bullies.

This is interesting. These sort are the sort that don't fit stereotypes of bullies. Lots of these around these days. And many think they are very normal and not bullies but catchers in the rye.

The only time i have really witnessed full on bullying was at a company that actively ignored it and condoned it. I witnessed a boss having to tell the bully to tone it down in front of them "simply because they wanted plausible deniability" They really didn't care at all "I was shocked". The bully was just a total dbag employing any method he could find to burn the people around him. One of the bosses sons punched the dude in the chest simply because he was tired of his crap. Something only a bosses son could get away with! The owner of the company loved this guy who is a walking lawsuit just waiting to happen. I will put it this way, the guy would go though clients pictures on the computer and browser history, go through their DVD collection and find personal information on the clients to talk crap about them with to the boss. He wasn't disliked by one delicate flower he was disliked by the whole crew "honestly". Everyone got crap "it was construction/tech" Everyone took it in stride but everyone avoided or hated going to a job with him. He fit the stereotype and even self identified as a bully proudly so did the owner and one of the bosses. The boss and owner could be a-holes but within reason.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

noted...
What of the neglectful parents or just drug dependent parents who have placed the children in second place when it comes to priority. Not saying all drug dependent parents neglectful, just using this group for example. And now these kids are just LOST and sized up as potential products of the Prison Business system as they grow...
How does 1 reach these parents?
Are these parents reachable?
If not are the children just lost?

ANOTHER group would be the kids who are brought up in seemingly "good" households. But are still raised under a authoritative bully type parent(s), who teaches their kids to go out and conquer all they perceive weak to or under them. Think a more elitist royal group. Also not saying all elitist or royals are like this just using this group as a example...
How do you reach these parents?
Are these parents too caught up in themselves and the lives they and their ancestors have lived that they really feel their thinking is ok?
Is it OK for their offspring to bully the planet perceived weak

Transmitting... ... ...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

> Would it help if there were classes added to school from k to high school based on bullying?

No. Real, serious bullies don't care about classes. They tend to be very stupid, and uncaring, like a psychopath.

To send a message to a real bully, you have to speak their language. That is, the language of violence.

edit on 13-2-2016 by bulrush because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join