It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Launches First Official Android App to Broadcast Terror

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well it seems ISIS is doing what they can to reach the masses of it's caliphate.

The Islamic State has launched its first official Android app: an app for the terror group’s al-Bayan radio that is broadcasting the terror group’s propaganda.

Vocativ deep web analysts discovered the app, which is being distributed by the group’s supporters on social media and ISIS forums. It allows listeners to tune in to live broadcasts—yet another way the Islamic State is distributing its messages to sympathizers worldwide.

The release of the app comes months after ISIS’ semi-official news agency Amaq launched a mobile platform in November, Vocativ discovered at the time. But unlike Amaq, al-Bayan radio is an official ISIS propaganda wing, primarily broadcasting religious segments and daily “news” programs in various languages.

www.vocativ.com...

Looks as though ISIS is using every possible way to spread their message of death and destruction worldwide.

What will technology allow these murderous morons to do next?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Now we just need a crafty hacker to slip some code into the app's next update, overclocking the antenna strength of every ISIS member's phone causing them to develop brain cancer within 6 months. Sorry, got carried away there, lol...

fortune.com...

edit on 6-2-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

And Google is just letting this happen?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I think the real question is how long are we, as in Earthlings, going to put up with this bull#?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Now we just need a crafty hacker to slip some code into the app's next update overclocking the antenna strength of every ISIS member's phone causing them to develop brain cancer within 6 months. Sorry, got carried away there, lol...

I agree totally with that.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mikemccann123

And Google is just letting this happen?

Well they aren't letting you get the app from the Google store so I guess that's their contribution to this.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I think the real question is how long are we, as in Earthlings, going to put up with this bull#?

Most likely until we rid the Earth of this type of human.

So unfortunately we will in some way have to deal with this type of BS as long as Humans are alive.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Now we just need a crafty hacker to slip some code into the app's next update overclocking the antenna strength of every ISIS member's phone causing them to develop brain cancer within 6 months.

Let's not kill anyone..just insert a code that disables the phone completely. I hope that such a thing would be possible.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Sounds like the perfect way to trace potential offenders. I figure there is more to this app.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I posted a simaler thread here regarding twitter and the removal of social media accounts involved with terrorists / terrorism. .. these fother muckers will resort to any extreme to spread their word..... sadly. ...

Nice find Tsurf. Thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I wonder if this is just more BS? Months back there was talk that ISIS now had their own IT help desk service which turned out to be BS. So whenever anything related to ISIS and technology I gotta question it.

If it's real then it can be taken down, right?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Also, rumors that they had their own radio station (s) , some of which we purportedly bombed....

????

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I could buy that they took over a radio station when they invaded but I will not believe they ever built one :winkyface:

They're destroyers, not creators.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Create an App, that is designed to destroy the users phone. List it as a new jihad tool to keep terrorists connected. As they sign up their phones go down. Pair it with a website advertising the phone showing that it works.

This is something Anon should do......

The best part is you could potentially catch these #ers when they go places to try and get their phones fixed.
edit on PMAmerica/Chicago161202pm by Aeshma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Do people on this forum really believe ISIS has the money and the other resources required to do something like this, surely not!!

I bet the app was developed by the CIA other xyZ directly trick department.

They are getting the pharc beaten out in Syria at the moment, would it not be a case of all hands on deck to save the ship??

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Do people on this forum really believe ISIS has the money and the other resources required to do something like this, surely not!!

Yes because they have no way of making revenue...right?

Stolen oil, kidnappings of civilians, extortion, taxes they lay on the territory they hold...they have the resources and the people to do something like this.

You really need to understand the fact that ISIS is real has money, and not everything they do is the CIA behind it.

They are getting the pharc beaten out in Syria at the moment, would it not be a case of all hands on deck to save the ship??

You seem to forget they are not just in Syria, but are in Iraq, Yemen, Libya, Northern Africa, even in Saudi Arabia...they will survive long after being beaten down in Syria.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Also, rumors that they had their own radio station (s) , some of which we purportedly bombed..

That is what the app is for.

It allows listeners to tune in to live broadcasts—yet another way the Islamic State is distributing its messages to sympathizers worldwide.

It seems they may have missed one.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Well it seems ISIS is doing what they can to reach the masses of it's caliphate.

The Islamic State has launched its first official Android app: an app for the terror group’s al-Bayan radio that is broadcasting the terror group’s propaganda.

Vocativ deep web analysts discovered the app, which is being distributed by the group’s supporters on social media and ISIS forums. It allows listeners to tune in to live broadcasts—yet another way the Islamic State is distributing its messages to sympathizers worldwide.

The release of the apk comes months after ISIS’ semi-official news agency Amaq launched a mobile platform in November, Vocativ discovered at the time. But unlike Amaq, al-Bayan radio is an official ISIS propaganda wing, primarily broadcasting religious segments and daily “news” programs in various languages.

www.vocativ.com...

Looks as though ISIS is using every possible way to spread their message apk of death and destruction worldwide.

Really great app
edit on 5-4-2016 by Rozapk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Of course it's possible. Anything powered by a computer chip and some for of net work connections "CAN" be made to do just about anything. The hard part is getting it there and tricking the person to do what is needed for it to be unleashed into their system.....

I'm all for it

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Absolutely ISIS has the money to do it. You're talking about a very massive criminal organization that has be around much longer than the media has covered them for mate. They aren't as stupid as the population claims them to be.

<<   2 >>

join