It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, of course ATS has a lot of liberal members!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'd say there is a mix here, but the balance is very much towards the Conservative Right.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: yeahright

I just can't call anyone who disagrees with me, "ignorant".

All people are ignorant about some things, some people are stupid. You can't fix stupid.

Very rare that you'll find someone online who admits to being ignorant.

I'm ignorant.

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I just can't call anyone who disagrees with me, "ignorant".

All people are ignorant about some things, some people are stupid. You can't fix stupid.

Very rare that you'll find someone online who admits to being ignorant.

I don't know what you are talking about!

edit on 3-2-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I believe analysis and interpretation to be higher than opinions.

opinion -a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

Evidence built upon evidences, our laws, our constitutions, our modern societal ways ... Analyzing these can result in something greater than an opinion, you can form something much deeper than "insufficient data" as the definition describes. You may retort " and that's your opnion " .. andI really don't care to debate with you further if that be the case
. It'd be my opinion that it would be a huge waste of time because you do not allow for true analysis and deep interpretation, and just play the same record over in order to ... what? Come off as angsty? Refute something you disagree with, even if it's based on much more than one persons opinion?

Have a good day!

edit on 3-2-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I'd happen to disagree - Sanders, and Trump are getting tons of threads alike.

Atheism threads? Many.

Religious threads? Many.

Pro-gay threads? Very many.

Anti-gay threads? Not as many these days.

At least, that's my experience. It's spread out, sure, but I don't see it leaning heavily one way, but I do see an amount of tolerance and acceptance for more liberal issues.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Here's the full text of the speech he gave that day, courtesy of the Washington Post. I don't find anything like that in there.

Ooh! Good find!! Ted Cruz scares me to death, but spreading lies is just lame...

It was created by a group called “Stop the World, the Teabaggers Want Off.” On their web site, they tell visitors, “This page is for entertainment purposes. It is NOT meant to be taken seriously. It is primarily satire and parody with a mix of political memes and messages.” But that caveat doesn’t come through when these memes are passed around Facebook like candy.

Source

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Denying Ignorance!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
We need an ATS Poll, but I think either most ATS members are republicans based on the ammount posts, especially when it's an anti Obama thread. Or the Republican ATS members are way more vocal with their opinions than the democratic members?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Ooh! Good find!! Ted Cruz scares me to death, but spreading lies is just lame...

I completely agree on both parts. I wouldn't vote for him if he was the only one running, but the cacadoodoo that gets spread around election time is a flood that's tough to mitigate.

I think that's where a collaborative effort here can be beneficial. If you want a rooting interest, watch the Super Bowl. If you want to help derive some truth, take off the partisan goggles.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

If we are going to debate hamburgers and I cite sources that (in my opinion) support my argument, then the foundation of my argument would be opinion-based.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I remember when we were a hotbed of conspiracy theories, UFO and alien topics, and Bigfoot sightings. Or as I like to say, the good old days.

Well, when I joined, I did so because of the political discussions... I wasn't a conspiracy theorist, or interested in UFOs, aliens or Bigfoot. But I call them the good old days, too!
Can we go back??? Please??? LOL

Yeah, I was in a political discussion forum on the original MSN Groups (1999. I think). I used IRC, ICQ before that. They shut the whole program down in 2005.

I was actively looking for a new forum. Wish I'd found ATS sooner then I did.

But, I was also into all the other stuff. Been doing this awhile

edit on 3-2-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Well then...

They're beyond salvage, for the most part.

Trying to lose at least part of my own ignorance, on many topics, is what keeps me logging on nearly daily...and my use of the interwebs.

Anyone who thinks they're the font of all wisdom is not wise, they're delusional.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Same here. Once MSN went down I searched for a similar place but ended up here. Used the same moniker.

Good OP BTW... I can't add to topic since what was on my mind has been said.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If ATS were "a liberal hotbed" I believe more members would be banned.

If ATS were "a conservative hotbed" I believe more members would be banned.

ATS is neither. And more than that, some of us who are regularly accused of being liberal (or more correctly as seen above written off as such) are not, or are at least, more complex in our political thought than merely "liberal" (for example, I believe strongly in balanced Federal budgets).

But if you stand up to certain kinds of basely false rhetoric ... you get that label.
edit on 3-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

ETA: The really funny thing ... until a few years ago ... to be "leftist" univerally meant that you were opposed to the establishment/government. LOL
edit on 3-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: ETA

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You bring up a good point - Observing all data and coming to a conclusion is definitely what I advocate.

THIS!!!!! ^

F/S

*goes to keep reading thread*

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Would I be biased/influenced by personal views and would I bring religion into a place that constitutionally it is not allowed, due to separation... I would not. I would like to think I could separate the two, and like to think that all senators can, and should.

I would like to think that, too -
Sadly, if the reason they were elected to begin with was due to them spouting religious stuff, and if their 'constituents' are biting at their heels about implementing theocracy........or, alternatively, they were reared by parents who held them to such a high standard as "Be The Messiah" - well, yeah.
They can't. They should, but they can't.

Biting the hand that feeds them, you know.

edit on 2/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

We always see more of what annoys us simply because it makes an negative impression. I get really upset when I see anyone telling us how Government is going to take care of this or that and how we need change (that I am forced to be involved in). I am pro-liberty and anti-establishment so people on both sides of the aisle annoy me with Liberals being more annoying simply because they have more things they want ME to do do execute THEIR plans.

I just want to be left alone (by Government) and most Conservatives will do that where Liberals want to stir up the hornets nest and prod me with a stick. Anyway, good post my friend.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It's true, I just wish people would uphold the Constitution more, and their own personal views less.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It's true, I just wish people would uphold the Constitution more, and their own personal views less.

Exactly.

Stand up for the Constitution in what it actually says.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

no, pretty universal

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join