It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, of course ATS has a lot of liberal members!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Well you can't be a free country without having equal rights to homosexuals and you can't be a free country if you silence the people who object to same sex marriage. We have lost the ability to compromise and the country was founded on compromise

Why do you think we still have the same issues?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

It does not mean I am one, it does mean I might be painted as one, though.

Seriously? You must not have turned on the Internet nor walked out a door a few years ago. There's a lot of conservatives who bash on gays and tell them they're going to hell. Its not as common lately, but still happens.

The point of my post is not to support liberals or conservatives or any side, it's to show how some members think this site has become very liberal because of things like examples given...

While I argue that this site is quite diverse, though if you deem a tolerant and accepting person a liberal, yes, this site has quite a few.
edit on 3-2-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You never get the full story out of twisted things like that. I don't support marriage between two men, and to some people, that qualifies me as an "anti-gay extremist." To many people, they are perverted. Why do you think Obama was against it until he was told half of his base was for it? You know that dude feels the same way.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

There are many out there that would disagree with you, they in fact would say Michelle is a Transexual & Obama is our first gay president.

link   

It should be noted that being against gay marriage is really just the new way to be intolerant of gays. Just like being against inter-racial marriage was just a way for people to be racist against black people. All the arguments used against gay marriage are old hat and were used against inter-racial marriage.

Someone saying this to you, "I don't mind gays. I don't care what they do in private. I don't want them to marry each other though." Is a huge hypocrite.
edit on 3-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

"anti-gay extremist" shows what someone on the left might call someone who opposes two men marrying.

"liberal" shows what a right wing person might call a person for.. Well a myriad of reasons. A myriad of reasons that don't bother me at all.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah, I hardly understand how people carry on with such thought processes.

It's odd for me, because I'm so different in my personal life.

I'll never drink. Never do drugs. I don't condone gay marriage and will not teach my kids about it.. I married a women who would never get am abortion.

However, I won't teach them to be against these things.

And if I were a senator? I'd dicriminalize drugs, and support gay marriage rights, and also sign pro-choice legislation.

Just because I'm not personally optimistic about some idea or issue doesn't mean I have a logical and reasonable base to deny others those rights.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Your post made me think of that meme. I'm pretty sure we hated Irish immigrants for awhile also.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

No sir, being tolerant of gays will definitely not paint you as a liberal. Being intolerant of those that oppose gay marriage, however, that's a different story. Especially when you start calling them anti-gay extremists and other unfitting names. I'm not saying you do this, I'm just telling you what will paint you with a broad liberal brush.

Everybody bashes everybody. I bash blacks, whites, gays, women, children, men, illegals, other Christians, liberals, Conservatives, etc..., and they all bash the same. Who cares? Seriously... I've been called a terrorist on national television by democrats that are running this country, called a terrorist because I'm a Conservative Christian. Man, who gives a crap. Let them bash if they want to bash, if that makes you an anti-(fill in whatever here) extremist, then we're all anti-something extremists in our own way.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Yeah, I hardly understand how people carry on with such thought processes.

It's odd for me, because I'm so different in my personal life.

I'll never drink. Never do drugs. I don't condone gay marriage and will not teach my kids about it.. I married a women who would never get am abortion.

However, I won't teach them to be against these things.

And if I were a senator? I'd dicriminalize drugs, and support gay marriage rights, and also sign pro-choice legislation.

Just because I'm not personally optimistic about some idea or issue doesn't mean I have a logical and reasonable base to deny others those rights.

Beautiful. You just brought a tear to my eye.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

That's just being silly and joking... They only talk about Michelle because she looks manly and Barack looks feminine.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Yeah. We also hated Catholics for a while too. There's also the Native Americans too. Pretty much every group that wasn't English-American, Protestant, white, and male has been hated on in this country. And ALL of the same arguments are ALWAYS dragged out in support of the hate. You'd think the haters would learn and up their game sometimes, but nope. This is why it is so easy to shutdown a hater these days. We have legal precedent of their ilk being shutdown previously using those some arguments against other groups.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I'm a conservative Christian as well and not really sure where you are going with all of this, sorry for getting lost.

This whole thread is to point out how much a mix of things everyone is, how we all have different ideas on issues on how one word cannot describe us.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It should be noted that being against gay marriage is really just the new way to be intolerant of gays. Just like being against inter-racial marriage was just a way for people to be racist against black people. All the arguments used against gay marriage are old hat and were used against inter-racial marriage.

Someone saying this to you, "I don't mind gays. I don't care what they do in private. I don't want them to marry each other though." Is a huge hypocrite.

@ deadlyhope - This is exactly what I mean.

@ KrazySh0t - Thanks for proving my point. Duddn't git much easier to prove a point than that.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You're welcome. I don't sugar coat things for you.

Though I really don't care if you don't support gay marriage. I DO care if you think it should be illegal.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras
" denying without a shadow of a doubt scientific evidence "....

Pray tell, what in science is there irrefutable evidence of?

Because everything in science is questionable, that is how science works.

If we didn't question science, we wouldn't have the modern world.

Just a thought.

Yep well said ...and ... I might add... Back in the 50s the people believed just about everything the government said..... also believed whatever a scientific pipe smoking dude said was the latest greatest findings.... Sixties Viet Nam and later "I am not a crook" along with other hanky panky (Rubie Ridge, Waco, Kennedy assassination, big articles on new ice age etc etc) soured many people on betting whatever comes out from just about anyone in an authority position is the gospel truth on anything.... So... here we are on a websight that is a gold mind for checking the pulse of world opinion for all those who are interested both inside or outside of governments security services....

I suppose what bothers me the most about some things posted is when they cannot attack the message they go after the Op... Who in most cases just brought a news article to the sight..

This thread is about personal feelings and IMO he/she brought food for thought in their opening statement.. agree or disagree, it is still something to think about..

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

No sir, being tolerant of gays will definitely not paint you as a liberal.

Wow. Whew.

Being intolerant of those that oppose gay marriage, however, that's a different story.
How in the hell is it a "different story"?

Especially when you start calling them anti-gay extremists and other unfitting names.

What would you prefer they be called?

I'm not saying you do this, I'm just telling you what will paint you with a broad liberal brush.

Can you please explain to us why people who are tolerant of "gays" are different than people who are 'intolerant of gay marriage"?

Please?

edit on 2/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yeah. We also hated Catholics for a while too. There's also the Native Americans too. Pretty much every group that wasn't English-American, Protestant, white, and male has been hated on in this country. And ALL of the same arguments are ALWAYS dragged out in support of the hate. You'd think the haters would learn and up their game sometimes, but nope. This is why it is so easy to shutdown a hater these days. We have legal precedent of their ilk being shutdown previously using those some arguments against other groups.

Just this country?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: DanDanDat

I'd certainly act against my religious and personal beliefs while in office. I don't think this makes me better, or anything, but I do like to think that I would not be as ignorant as to write legislation according to religious beliefs, nor include my personal beliefs when it comes to interpretation of the law. I logically analyze laws and come up with my own interpretation after said analysis. Am I right/correct? That's debatable for sure.

Would I be biased/influenced by personal views and would I bring religion into a place that constitutionally it is not allowed, due to separation... I would not. I would like to think I could separate the two, and like to think that all senators can, and should.

I don’t think you are being truthful with yourself. I don’t think you (or anyone) can divorcer their personal beliefs from their decision making and support. Some peoples beliefs are more amicable and tolerant toward the beliefs of others; but that does not mean they are not swade by their own beliefs. Politicians are not robots; they are people with emotions.
edit on 3-2-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I think I'm being honest because of the way I practice my beliefs. I apply them personally, and practice then in my own life because it's what I deem as best for my life. I don't believe I am a source of truth and knowledge or anything, I don't follow an organized religion, and don't deem my personal beliefs and stances as applicable to all.

Being spiritual and having morals does not mean being judgemental and believing others need to be like me..

Anyways thanks for coming by

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join