It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your take on Muslim women dressing mainstream-modern?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Um.....er.....Yeah....um.... what was the question again?

edit on 3/2/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I would so stare at their ankles and wrists.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
One does not need to dress a certain way to please God. Within reason of course.

The behavior we have seen from the Syrian refugees in Europe would indicate that the only reason they dress like they do is to keep men happy.

And that is pure sexist repression.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: blupblup

I would so stare at their ankles and wrists.

If I could break the hypnotic gaze, then sure.. I'd be partial to some ankle ogling.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus Could you please keep your thoughts about your grandma to yourself? Weird and gross.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

Sorry, she thought you sounded cute.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Those girls should dress mainstream more often....dark features, beautiful eyes....why would anyone want to hide that?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

My point exactly.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have only ever seen one muslim woman with her face covered around where I live and she was at a traffic light in the passenger seat. I remember she looked over at us and we were making faces and laughing. To be fair, I laugh at all religious garb, funny hats, boxes, pope dress, all that silly nonsense. If thats what she wants to do its fine with me as anyone else does but maybe she doesn't know any better.

Maybe she was deprived of education and only allowed to read their bible, that happens to lots of middle eastern women. That is what Christians had hoped to conquer in their book/museum burning days. The objective being to keep people stupid and do as they are told.

The muslim women becoming Americanized is inevitable. As a surfer I have seen it happen in other countries in small villages where Americans and other worldly travelers visit. America has a profound influence when it comes to fashion, music and other trends.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Burkas represent to me a woman who is permitting herself to be controlled by men or by a man. Therefore, I pity anybody who imprisons themselves in a full burka. There is no way in hell it could be comfortable, and it makes a huge statement about the woman who wears it. I'm seeing them all over town now, and they really stand out in a crowd. Maybe the opposite effect of what they want to achieve.

The little headscarves are fine.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Everybody bitches about the Muslim women wearing hijabs or abayas, but nobody ever says squat about a Catholic nun's habit. Religious order clothes or not, it's still demanded to be worn.

It's kind of Christianity's dirty religious double standard.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Everybody bitches about the Muslim women wearing hijabs or abayas, but nobody ever says squat about a Catholic nun's habit. Religious order clothes or not, it's still demanded to be worn.

It's kind of Christianity's dirty religious double standard.

If you are familiar with the two religions, then you are aware the habit and the burkas are worn for completely different reasons. In no way is the same, and nuns don't cover their faces.

There is no "demand" to wear them. Not for years.

The habit worn by members of religious orders is a symbol of poverty and uniformity: poverty embraced by vow and endured by necessity requires simple dress, and uniformity makes religious men and women instantly recognizable witnesses to the gospel. But after the Second Vatican Council in the 1960s, many religious communities made the habit optional, limited its use, or stopped wearing it altogether. This reflected the signs of the times. Traditional habits, modeled on the dress of the medieval poor, no longer have any connection to the garb of poverty in the 21st century. And in some settings outward identification makes members of religious orders less approachable, thus hindering rather than furthering the proclamation of the gospel. Also, as religious women took on increasingly diverse occupations after Vatican II, they adapted their dress accordingly. Any religious sister or brother will tell you that wearing a habit has both advantages and disadvantages. Each order establishes its own practice, which may also vary by region. Today, some communities continue to wear habits at all times, and others wear them occasionally or not at all.

bustedhalo.com...

edit on 2/3/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll
You sure about that?

Veiled nuns

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
For a site that I would say is pretty anti authoritarian. Funny to see it doesn't take long for some members to want to lay their authority down on what people should or should not wear. Freedom of expression?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Good grief that girl is almost Painfully beautiful!!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Funny,i feel different that way. As i've said before,were it optional,i would see it as a delicious freedom on those days when one just don't have the energy to get presentable as in doing one's hair,carefully selecting an outfit,make-up-makes me tired just to Think of all that some days.But because it not optional,but mandatory in some places,it can never be seen as freedom.

The way i feel is,the people i am with know who i am-That is important to me. It's not like i go around town making eye contact with every single person,smiling and saying howdy-doo to Every single person,even in the small town outside which i live,i mind my business and if i happen across someone i know,of course i greet them in a friendly way-or if someone from town i don't know personally,happens to catch my eye and smile,i return the smile.

Eyes are the windows to the soul and the eyes are still visible,there is no mistaking the smile in one's eyes,the gentle tone in your voice,the friendliness,if you wish to project that. Kindness and friendliness cannot be hidden,especially if the eyes are visible.

Maybe at my age,fashion and appearance just is not That important anymore,idk-but one doesn't wish to look like a slob or a Walmart-special either,so out of courtesy to others,an effort must be made,especially if one's female,imo.To me the burka just seems like such an easy option,if one isn't that heavily invested in showing off the latest fashions,or you don't want to waste time with hair and make-up.Propably an age-thing,idk.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I love the way western muslim women dress the eyes and the eye makeup they use......

They make handy Ninjas also when needed.
I wonder If I would sport a Turban with a feather and jewel in.

We need more types of head gear back in the day we all had hats but no one wears them now

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I asked a girl I work with why she goes the full ninja esk headscarf sometimes and she said "with this a man falls for my heart and mind and not just my body".

Blimey its the eyes so lovely

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Blooming Saudis!!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

NOOOOOOOO!

Poor Saudi fellas

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monkeyguns
I asked a girl I work with why she goes the full ninja esk headscarf sometimes and she said "with this a man falls for my heart and mind and not just my body".

Blimey its the eyes so lovely

Funny how it is OK to accentuate the eyes, in the same way as western

women do!! And its not considered enticing.

However there are the full burka's which have a mesh or fine film

covering the eye aperture too.

(LOL!! don't know how that passes Health and safety!!)

Kohl eye liner is very often used on children AND some men in India...

en.wikipedia.org...(cosmetics)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join