It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your take on Muslim women dressing mainstream-modern?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I feel for those women because their attire looks incredibly uncomfortable.

In places like Saudi Arabia where the humidity and the heat is unbearable I'd call the Hijab a form of torture.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm not a muslim, but having lived in the middle east for a few years (Saudi Arabia to be specific), I can say something to this.

First, a woman should be able to dress how she chooses.

That said, you also have to expect the outcomes of certain outfits. You wear a micro-mini, people will have certain perceptions, etc. You wear a hijab but then tight clothes, you have to expect a bit of backlash from more traditional muslims.

From a faith perspective, it's pretty much do, or do not. If you follow the scripture, the outfit in the linked pic is not following the code as prescribed. Simple as that. It's like an Amish woman wearing a bright yellow pilgrim outfit. Right on some points, wrong on others, so wrong in general.

My end take...to each their own, but be ready for the social consequences.

In places like Saudi Arabia where the humidity and the heat is unbearable I'd call the Hijab a form of torture.

Actually, a lot of clothing keeps body sweat close to the body, and can be very cooling, remember, the men wear robes too. Of course, there is something that can be said about the odor of constant sweat.... Thankfully, modern advances like air conditioning and deodorant help (at least with the urbanites)...

And really no humidity. It's a dry heat. Hot as Hades, don't get me wrong, but not humid. Rarely even saw a cloud in the sky. (though once, it rained and hailed for 3 days straight, only time I can recall rain in the nearly 3 years I was there). They thought it was the end of the world, LOL. It was bizarre, I'll say that. I heard it happened last year too. (though when I was there, was in the 1980's)
edit on 3-2-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The better to hide in plain sight?

No, they can stick to traditional dress.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

NO - they should be chained up in a dungeon and made to wear a canvas tent that not only covers them from head to toe, but trails behind them for at least 3 meters.

They should be given 1 glass of water and 1 piece of bread per day - to be eaten inbetween dishes, ironing, cooking and foot rubs.

They are the lesser species so should be treated as such and stoned to death for being beautiful and desirable.

Of course, this is just my opinion, others may feel differently and wish that this species shares equal rights, equal freedoms and other such blasphemies.

Oh geez.
You forgot the part where they need to be beaten with a stick.
And mutilate their genitals.

Oh yeah....
they already do that.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
They got the hijab, we got the mullet.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

As long as it isn't thicker than your thumb....(seriously, that's the scripture).....

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

As long as it isn't thicker than your thumb....(seriously, that's the scripture).....

It is true.
It is a shame that they can't modify the Koran, to catch up by a few centuries.
But my personal stand is that I don't need to beat anyone with a stick, especially a woman.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Why can't they just crap out a new book, its not like any of these religions were founded on truth.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I suggest they all use the Necronomicon.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
"What has been will be again..."

I await with bated breath.

How Iranian Women Dressed In The 1970s

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

Sallie, this is my question, somewhat. I don't care how anyone chooses to dress (or not for that matter) but the piks dictate a little more than "conservative', so I thought it was important to get other views/ideas on the subject.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I feel for those women because their attire looks incredibly uncomfortable.

The full Burka yes.

Horrid things.

The Hijab that’s a light head scarf not so much. In fact I was told it can be practical as it helps protect the head from heat stroke. If you notice a lot of the men wear head coverings over there too.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Michet
"What has been will be again..."

I await with bated breath.

How Iranian Women Dressed In The 1970s

Iranians still play soccer anyway.
It is nice that Mohammed didn't have anything against sports and add an edict in the Koran prohibiting them.
edit on b000000292016-02-03T09:33:10-06:0009America/ChicagoWed, 03 Feb 2016 09:33:10 -0600900000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Muslim or should I say Middle Eastern women are some of the most beautiful women I've seen. It is a shame their bassakward religion suppresses their natural beauty with burkas and the like.

I don't have issue with women wearing head scarfs and normal clothing. However, I have some serious issues with women in burkas.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
They should be free to do whatever they want.

This is the 21st century not the Stone Age.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

That's why i said "had full head- to- feet covering with only eyes showing been Optional- i myself would very much had seen it as a form of freedom. "

It is Not optional in many countries/Muslim enclaves. If it Had been Optional all over the world,including in the nations where it is currently an enforced draconian way of living and dressing,then it Would have been freedom,a choice-and one which would save many women a helluva lot of money,time and trouble.Imo.

Perhaps you understand better now what i tried to say,maybe i did not make myself clear enough.

And another opinion i have,is that a woman in full head-toe Muslim covering does not necessarily look more ridiculous than the way many women in the Western/Non-Muslim world/areas,Choose to dress.

One word:Walmart

edit on 3-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: added some text

edit on 3-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I declare jihad on the shameful womans thong. It is my duty from allah to remove it with my teeth.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kenzohattori69
I declare jihad on the shameful womans thong. It is my duty from allah to remove it with my teeth.

My grandmother volunteered to be first.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I see plenty of Muslim women where I work who dress business appropriate, but without head coverings and stuff. Some still do have the coverings, but not all of them. In fact, I'd say that most don't now that I think about it...

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I had a friend tell me that he saw some Arabian Adult Entertainment. The female actress was actually wearing a Hijab. And nothing else of course.

Just saying...

-dex

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join