It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity & Interracial Marriages

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I would`nt want to even atempt to say it better than Thomas lol you nearly have me in tears
stop it or i`m up for another key board!!!

[edit on 12-1-2005 by gps777]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I think it is okay for interacial marriages. Although growing up, my ex-church said it was wrong. "the worldwide church of god" with Herbert W. Armstrong. In fact we weren't allowed to even date other types of christians outside that church. I left as soon as I was a teen ager and never looked back. I heard they have since changed there position and let anyone marry anyone (heterosexual anyways).
Although I do see an awefull lot of young teenage single white women pushing around black babies lately. The black fathers are long gone. This happens with white guys too so don't flip out on me. Its just in this racist world we live in I could never marry a white girl with black kids because everyone would joke behind my back that my wife perfers "Dark Meat", or went black and didn't wanna come back, etc. Something stupid which would eventually get to me. Plus dealing with an angry black male teenager stepson would not be pleasant because he would rebel against me and tell me I don't understand cause I'm white. There is too much hip hop player game crap directed at the youth of the western civilization telling white women to prefer black guys lately. Just go out to a club and watch a the white girls fight over the one or two black guys in the bar. My black friends have the pick of the litter when it comes to white girls. Even my black buddy James who is fat, bald, and a chronic pot head. He still gets way more chicks then my white friends. Even my white buddy Sheldon who plays guitar in a rock band gets less white women and he's a model, go figure.
Now before you call me a racist please note my Grand Father was a French Jew who married my North american aboriginal Cree Grandmother. My other Grandparents were English & Irish. We all know how badly the Irish were treated during the Victorian era. I'm a mutt and I think Asian women are gorgeaous.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Why didn't you pick a white girl?
Your kids will get teased at school you know.
You wish you were black.
You are anti white.
I am not racist, but different races shouldn't marry.

These are some of the things I heard in the 5 years my black partner and I were together.
From friends and family............

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Jerrbert, is your wife African or American? Tell her to pick a country. As far as you, why did you not list what nations to which you hold dual citizenship?

One of these days my pet peeves are gonna give me a stroke!

Anyway, as a long time Christian, I feel I can handle these very easy questions with the proper tact, grace and finesse they deserve-----WHAT A MORONIC QUESTION!!!!!

There. How'd I do?

WOW thomas crowne...........for YOU i guess THAT was tactful and stated with grace

its nice to know that everyone isn't PHOBIC about interracial things. this thread has done my very jaded heart some good.

thanks guys!!

angie

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Thanks, Amb, i try to have fun. Sometimes my humor goes over like a lead balloon and I get drawn and quartered by the admin, but you know how it goes.

Hey Jerr, what to call your wife other than the wife. Good question.
I used to call my wife Babydoll, but then she left me. I have another name for her now. I don't suggest you use it, and I think our censor wouldn't allow it on the board!

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Christians and Jews are the only mainstream religions who deal skin color as a problem.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Good question.
I used to call my wife Babydoll, but then she left me. I have another name for her now. I don't suggest you use it, and I think our censor wouldn't allow it on the board!

hhhhmmm i just WONDER what that nickname is??? i have several good ones for my ex too..............but like you............i think the censors would go BALLISTIC on me!!

being new i sure don't want to get in big trouble THIS soon........

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I'll bet one of your new pet names for him starts with a "B", too, doesn't it?
I'll also bet that the word isn't Baby, or Brave, or Beautiful or....

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I'll bet one of your new pet names for him starts with a "B", too, doesn't it?
I'll also bet that the word isn't Baby, or Brave, or Beautiful or....

yes that would be one of them but my SPECIAL words of love for him

first words starts with D and second word starts with H

would appear SOMETHING like this.............DXXX HXXX

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hi Everybody,

I am a white Christian and my wife (to be) is a black Christian. We both live in London England and I would just like to say that both our family's get on extremely well. We both have great relationships with our in-laws and not one of our friends has ever questioned our relationship. It saddens me to hear that there are so many small minded people out there. We consider ourselves very lucky to have the people around us that we do.

amb1063, I am glad that you had the strength to marry your husband and turn your back on the bigots. You are a true example of a good Christian.

Unfortunately the Church can sometimes be run by misguided bigots who think they can impose there own view on others while claiming that it is the word of God. This unfortunately gives the rest of us Christians a bad name.

"Judge not for ye shall be judged"

Very simple and very true

One last thing.... In America is the word "black" seen as offensive??

I often describe people as black or white and so do all of the black and white people I know.

In the words of James Brown "Say it loud im black and im proud"

Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The Challenge

To Christians who oppose equality in homosexuality and consider it an abomination in the eyes of God.

Please enlighten us with your views towards herterosexual interracial marriages? As Christians if you have participated in this thread, you must respond, and you must respond truthfully in the eyes of God.

It is your oath to God as Christians and if you ignore the question you will have to face the repercussions in the afterlife.

Let me clarify, It was I who wrote this so called "challenge" for Christians. It's target purpose was strictly to those active Christians 'Dr Horacid' and party who were overly aggressive in using anti-gay rhetoric remarks and classifying homosexuality an abomination when there is no clear cut definition within the bible. I misspoke and truly am sorry if I offended anyone. My intention with this challenge was to simply make a point, that if your hardcore anti-gay marriage, you're most likely anti-interracial marriage too, derived from conditioning during your upbringing or other case scenarios. If you sift through, you will find 1/3 of the responses will prove that my case does have some substance.

In truth, I was not only offended by the idea that God would oppose it, I was offended by the threat that we would face judgement for not responding to the query, as if to imply that all Christians believe "deep down" that interracial marriages are against God and all the poster needed was to get some of us to admit it.

As Christians if you have participated in this thread, you must respond, and you must respond truthfully in the eyes of God

I appologize if I have offended you. The target of this challenge was strictly to those Christians who participated under the previous thread (Church thanks god for the death of 2000 gay Swedes). To no surprise, I'm still waiting to hear a reply from a few certain individuals who insulted myself and my lesbian friend.

Lake of fire.. pfffft

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Christians and Jews are the only mainstream religions who deal skin color as a problem.

Not true. This is a people problem, not a religion problem. Where is it written "You shall not marry a person of a different skin colour"? A Christian needs to believe we are all created by God and therefore are all God's 'children'. Marriage was a God approved joining of a man and a woman, not a certain man 'A' who (had a certain skin color, was born in such and such place, and raised in a certain environment) with a certain woman 'B' who (had a certain skin color, was born in such and such place, and raised in a certain environment). These caveats were added by our social shelteredness.

In all other cases despite who you are, say or do, you are my brothers and sisters. I am a sibling of all of you so... it just goes to show, you can't pick your family
. Sorry, had to throw that in.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
My intention with this challenge was to simply make a point, that if your hardcore anti-gay marriage, you're most likely anti-interracial marriage too, derived from conditioning during your upbringing or other case scenarios. If you sift through, you will find 1/3 of the responses will prove that my case does have some substance.

I have been debating with myself on whether I would speak to this when it came up, because it is not really the topic that I started, but I will be brief. If you want more of my opinion, I will post on a new thread.

If by the phrase, "hardcore anti-gay marriage," you mean that I find homosexuality to be a sin, I do. I find it to be a sin, just like adultery and fornication. I believe that the Bible speaks to this, which is where I get my belief. Do I condone those Christians who verbally (or physically) abuse those who are homosexual - NO. That is not the Christian way.

Now that I have said that, I hope my post makes more sense. I was specifically meeting your challenge and bringing to the table the fact that all Christians are not alike. In fact, I would like to say that every Christian I know is more like me than those who exhibit that kind of hate.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
i am so sick of hearing people say these generalities about groups of people. For example:
The one person in here who said that it is only Christians and Jews who have this problem with color.
Let me tell you something i am a 19 year old, white female, and Christian and i dont have a problem with it. Nor do my parents or my parents parents. I went to public school and this issue came up in my sociology class and you know what race voiced their opposition for it the most.....a group of african american girls. I have heard black white, Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Atheist, you name it speak out against it or have issues with it. So how about you get your facts straight. Generalities are NOT facts. That is how this whole racism thing got started. People from all the different sides encountered idiots or jerks on the other sides and made generalites. So since this is a site about denying ignorance...how about we use facts. Give me some actual DATA that says those are the only two religions that have a problem with it. Because you know what..i have a muslim friend that lives next door to me whose parents wont let her date anyone that is not an islamic and of arab decent. So what does that say? People all over have a problem and your problem may not be judging people of color but people of belief and that is just as bad.

Kind Regards,
DIGITALGRL

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

This is the actual quote from the person who said that comment

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
i am so sick of hearing people say these generalities about groups of people. For example:
The one person in here who said that it is only Christians and Jews who have this problem with color.
Let me tell you something i am a 19 year old, white female, and Christian and i dont have a problem with it. Nor do my parents or my parents parents. I went to public school and this issue came up in my sociology class and you know what race voiced their opposition for it the most.....
[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

Amen! Let it be seen again.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
syntaxer, seems your clarification / apology is like water off a duck's back. Your provocation has started something that is getting pretty contentious and has a taken on a life of its own. Nice challenge, though.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I do not know what other thread is being referenced, apparently it has something to do with homosexuality, but I assure you that the Bible is very clear; homosexuality is an abomination. This is explained in many places. Anyone who misleads you in believing that living in ANY form of sin is a-ok is leading you down a path you should prefer not to go down.

I don't throw rocks at anyone, it isn't my job. But don't try and tell me a lie when I know the truth, and do not try and compare one thing with something entirely different. And before you go calling me a homophobe or some other senseless moniker meant to make those who understand Bilical right from wrong appear to have some psychological disorder, I see no difference between homosexuality and any other item in the list of "don'ts"

I also figure that an old boss had a good way of looking at the customer (not the end customer, we sold to dealers), be hard-headed but soft-hearted. Always stick to the policies and rules as principle, but if a problem can be worked out, be soft-hearted whiling dealing with the problem. In the same regard, I'll not call right wrong or wrong right, but you know as well as everyone else should know that we are all sinners and fall short. It isn't my job to do anything but share the Gospel with you, it isn't my job to pick up a stone and start chucking it at you. It's hard to throw rocks when you would have to be ducking the ones that would be righteuosly headed for your own noggin, I figure.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Funny, I don't know of that many Christians that would appreciate your assertion or be representative of your assertion.

The stipulation is that a Christian marry another Christian. After all, what union should God and Ba'al have. However, if you marry a non-Christian, don't get a divorce as you are the instument through which the Holy Spirit can get to your spouse and children.

As far as the Jews' outlook on life, I have no clue and cannot attest one way or the other.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
well,i was asked in a U2U, so ill post again here as well, and with a slightly broader brush. I have no problem with mixed race relationships, as i said before. I do have a prob with homosexual marriage, but i will not judge, if they want to get married, let them. It is a free country. If God deems it to be wrong, they will be judged by Him. I will express my dislike of the act, but not of the individual. I have a problem when people of a stereotype are involved. it aggravates me to no end when a person gets with another person because of pop culture, ie black man with a white woman cause its cool, white guy with an asian woman because they are the best when it comes to sex, etc. If you are with someone it should be because you are developing a relationship or have one already that is based on love. even if God deems mixed relationships and homosexual relationships wrong, i think he may in a way take that the relationship is based on love into consideration, and may not totally forgive if it is wrong, but at least see that your heart is in the right place. No matter what, its not my place to judge. I am not without sin, so it is not my place to judge the sins of others. But if I see someone is obviously going against what i believe, i will not associate with them.
the u2u i received asked a more specific question based on my earlier post. that if God hadnt wanted the races to mix he could and would have made it impossible. What about a woman getting pregnant if she is raped. Rape is wrong, and if a child is conceived, well, thats a tough day. all children are in my opinion are blessed, but the woman carrying it shouldnt have to be punished for walking through the park when a sicko is there for the rest of her life. God could have stopped her from getting pregnant there as well. But i think it comes down to the choices we make as individuals. God never asked us to destroy our own lives for his sake. you can all take it how you want, im not going to go into great detail here, only to rlate it to the topic at hand. What she decides is a choice, just like th choice we make as to who to be in a relationship with. I hope we can all make the choices needed to become better people than we already are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join