It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US bombs the innocent...again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

I really like how CNN uses "coalition forces", I guess Costa Rica's F-16's couldn't make it today. How can you hold elections when so many innocent are dying ?

brill

[edit on 8-1-2005 by brill]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My favourite part is where after admitting they dropped a big bomb on the wrong house, this is the apology they give:

"(The) Multi-National Force-Iraq deeply regrets the loss of possibly innocent lives," the statement said.

Let me get this right, the wrong house was bombed, and 5 -14 innocent people were killed, including 7 children, depending on which report you are reading. Then after saying 'oops, wrong house' you tack on to your apology that there is a possibilty that these were not innocent cilvilians, anyways. Does that mean we shouldn't care about it, or be concerned that there is a lack of adequate communication of intelligence at some level?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Good this is a start.

We need to drop more bombs.

Else our casulties will go up compesnating for all the people we were too wimp to kill in the first place.

+1 for the US Military. only 10+million of them left.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
While the U.S. tries damn hard not to kill or hurt innocent civilians it does happen in war and with human error. Now lets try the insurgents. Hhow many innocent people of their own are they brutally killing every day? Try the other shoe for awhile!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I tried that other shoe for a while and it resulted in 4 Canadian servicemen being bombed after a US soldier was specifically told not to shoot at the target, and did so anyways.

And yes, the insurgents are killing many innocent people too. I don't agree when they do it, and I don't agree when you do it. Two wrongs do not make a right. Only three lefts can do that
You will hear no complaints from me when you bomb the crap out of OBL.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
While the U.S. tries damn hard not to kill or hurt innocent civilians it does happen in war and with human error. Now lets try the insurgents. Hhow many innocent people of their own are they brutally killing every day? Try the other shoe for awhile!

Ths US invaded Iraq....the US dropped the bomb in this particular incident. Do you honestly think the Iraqi people will make such a distinction here, not likely.

Yes it's a war and human error is a factor, but the US is excelling in this type of activity and not in diplomacy I'd say. There is simply no accountability here for US forces.

brill

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Who has killed more innocent people in this war? The iraqi insurgents themselves have killed more of their own than the U.S.. Do you honestly think we are there just to drop bombs on innocent people and to just kill? Mayeb if the U.S. military fought like the iraqi insutgents this war would be over but the thing is we actually do care if we kill innocent people. At least the soldiers on the ground do...not speaking of the Gvt.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
but the thing is we actually do care if we kill innocent people. At least the soldiers on the ground do...not speaking of the Gvt.

I have no doubt 'some' of the soldiers harbour genuine remorse, however:

www.cpf.navy.mil...
www.wsws.org...
news.bbc.co.uk...

Where is the accountability for these past incidents. They are not all war related, but the fact remains.....the US military machine gets away with it.

brill

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
No, I do not believe that the average US servicemen is in Iraq to kill innocent people. S/he is there because they signed up to do a job, and are the kind of people who take that responsibilty seriously. Perhaps a re-evaluation of the Iraq strategy may be in order, though. If there was some way you could communicate with people of the country your intentions towards them, it could go a ways to making the US servicemen safer, while performing their duties.

While I'm not a supporter of the war, I will never argue that Saddam was not a bad, bad man. I will not even argue the necessity of taking him out of power. I just think that it could have been handled in a better way, and that some pre-planning would have made things go a lot smoother all around.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I feel that each soldier in all of these instances that you listed were traumatized by the deaths that they had caused. These links show human error not blatant killing.

I understand your meaning by the U.S. Government going free but do not caompare them with our soldiers who are the ones fighting this war.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
No, I do not believe that the average US servicemen is in Iraq to kill innocent people. S/he is there because they signed up to do a job, and are the kind of people who take that responsibilty seriously. Perhaps a re-evaluation of the Iraq strategy may be in order, though. If there was some way you could communicate with people of the country your intentions towards them, it could go a ways to making the US servicemen safer, while performing their duties.

While I'm not a supporter of the war, I will never argue that Saddam was not a bad, bad man. I will not even argue the necessity of taking him out of power. I just think that it could have been handled in a better way, and that some pre-planning would have made things go a lot smoother all around.

I agree!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You people are unpatriotic and weakminded.

Kill them all. It was the Iraqi's who were the sore on the planet to begin with. It is Islam that has taken too much opium. Read the Koran. Visit them.

When it comes down to it, I wish a million of them die in the next 24 hours.

For my family's sake. For my nephew. For my family who fights in Iraq.

Kill em all. Down with Islam. And down with the soccer moms, you are no good for my country or for humanity in these times.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Ritual]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yeah, they are sure trying damn hard not to kill or hurt civillians --

*Boom*

"oops, wrong house sorry."

*Boom*

"Opps, wrong house again."

*Boom*

"Oops, possibly the wrong house."

*Boom*

"They're trying very hard not to kill innocent people"

*Boom*

"Doh"

I swear Homer Simpson must be doing all these bombings missions...

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yeah and I bet that they are trying damn hard to just blow them up on purpose too! Hey the one with the red roof gets you 100 points and the black roof gets you 200 points. Be serious indigo child. Do you actually think thats what were doing? I would have thought that you would have some appreciation for the common human feelings. They are not there for the blatant killing of innocence!

[edit on 8-1-2005 by I See You]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Also note people.

If Iraq invaded the US. Would you keep your family around in towns where resistance forces are operating?

No it their moral responsibility to either organize themsleves to end this war, or to move their women and children to safe places and fight.

Them losing their families is their own fault. It is no secret to any of them in Iraq that they are at war with the US. They should of fled or built a shack in the middle of the desert with a white flag on the top of it, and to make damn sure no insurgents launched any attacks in vicinity of them to warrant an attack from US forces.

What would you do with your familes in war? Im sure they are content with whatever they are doing. Else they would of sought alternatives.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Ritual, while I've tried very hard not to respond to you, I just can't do it any longer.

If Iraq did indeed invade the US, I can't picture any of the Americans I know running and hiding in the woods with their families. I know my family in the US certainly wouldn't. They would stand up for their country or die trying. You would most likely be the resistances forces you talk about. Do you think that the average Iraqi has any idea why you are even there? All they know is that a big, strong country has invaded them, and they want to fight back. And as for hiding your women and children in the forest, if my country was being invaded, I would be insulted if anyone tried to take away my right to defend my homeland.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Alright but if Iraq had the Army that the US does. And you had the army that Iraq does.

Would you still fight after generally your general military had its infrastructre collapsed?

I would.

But if I had a 5 year old nephew, sister, family members etc. I wouldnt launch mortars, missiles, and rockets from our back yard unless I necessarily had to.

I would tell them to run away from the invading army. If they surrounded my city of Fallujah I would leave if possible. If they were outside Baghdad I would leave Baghdad if possible.

Unless I was cornered and had exhausted my options of escape to fight another day, I would then fight while possibly putting my family in harms way.

But its not like there was mass exodus out of fallujah or baghdad or mosul.

They dont care, and their country is such a hellhole to begin with, they coudlnt relocate if they wanted to.

Thats what I think about it anyways.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think we should take this incident at face value. A bomb was dropped on the wrong target.

The US took admitted the mistake, took responsibility, and issued an apology. While the apology does not bring back those accidentally killed, it does show that we are ready to acknowledge our mistake.

Does it matter? To some, I hope so. To others, nothing the US can do will ever be good enough.

It makes me wonder whether we should have said nothing at all. And when questioned, just say we had intel that our target was in that house.

But we are more honorable than that.

It would be nice if the Iraqis would help by dragging these terrorists out into the street instead of sheltering them.

Btw, I think the word "again" in the title of this thread is unnecessary, unfair, and inflammatory.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Does it matter? To some, I hope so. To others, nothing the US can do will ever be good enough.

It makes me wonder whether we should have said nothing at all. And when questioned, just say we had intel that our target was in that house.

But we are more honorable than that.

It would be nice if the Iraqis would help by dragging these terrorists out into the street instead of sheltering them.

Btw, I think the word "again" in the title of this thread is unnecessary, unfair, and inflammatory.
[edit on 8-1-2005 by jsobecky]

This isn't an issue of making Americans feel better or questioning honor. The point I'm trying to make is that zero accountability will come from this, absolutely nothing. Sure an apology was released which is convenient but shouldn't the worlds most technologically advanced military machine be held somewhat accountable?

Your comment about sheltering the truth is frightening. Allthough I equate CNN to outhouse reading material they told the story (although it was reported as a "coalition" accident).

I think the use of the term "again" is very fitting. After all this is a repeat incident and I'm certain it will happen again (although I pray otherwise).

brill

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Your comment about sheltering the truth is frightening.

Why would it be frightening?

And what kind of accountability would you like to see come from this? Americans swinging from a yardarm? Bush impeached? The appropriate accountability would be to work towards better intel in the future.

Remember, we are at war with these terrorists. Accidents happen in war. You can't take your eye off the objective bcause an accident happened.

And just remember, the terrorists are killing innocents every day, and it is no accident. They are doing it intentionally. When is the last time you heard a terrorist apologize, brill?

I stand by my assessment of your inflammatory title. We Americans do not want to see our fellow men over there either, but I'll be damned if I'll be responsible for spreading bad morale with inflammatory statements.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join