It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US bombs the innocent...again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well now the Americans are there...against the will of the "world" body, and now th'r in deep #...and it's getting worse....and they want the rest of the world to take care of it now....that's a bit late...don't y'a think.

I'm sure they can leave today.....and the Iraq people would be "truly" free, and I understand that it would not be easy for Iraq if America to leave but it's prob. be better then it is now.

So I guess there trying t'a get the UN ect. to baby sit, hmmm....just show's that the American are in trouble.....if there asking for help. They should have thought of that before they went to War (against the UN). Or worse yet, they want to move to the next "country" to liberate...sigh.

Your Canadian Friend,
Sven

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ok, ok. Here's the thing:

1) WAR INVOLVES DEATH. Innocent OR Opposition. Yes, it was a mistake. 14 people lost their lives for it.

2) How many innocents do insurgents kill? Recently, over 200. So it is ok and justified for them to bomb hundreds, yet we make ONE mistake, and the U.S. is the epitome of evil? Interesting. Very, very biased here on ATS.

Oh, and on top of that:

the insurgents bomb people on PURPOSE, with the INTENT to HARM the INNOCENT. The U.S. DOES NOT. We go AFTER the RESPONSIBLE, and sometimes the innocent get in the way, or we make mistakes.

I'm honestly sick of people making excuses just so that they can feel good about hating on the U.S.

Does the world expect us to be perfect? It seems so. We aren't. We make mistakes.

Ya know honestly, I could spend sometime putting up evidence against a random nation, and the sheep on this site would follow me even if it were the most bizarre claims ever.

[/endrant]

-wD

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ok, sorry for the double post:

it's very simple......they got'a get out of Iraq....was not right from the begining and not right now.....(the hole world thinks this)....not just "most" people in North America......

Ok sven, this is a statement that is totally out of context. Why? Simply because the whole world does not want us out of Iraq. Let's take a look at the facts, shall we?

Germany, France, Spain: All against the war. Why? Because they are great humanitarian countries? WRONG.

They were getting over 30 BILLION DOLLARS from Saddam ANNUALLY. They didn't want the U.S. going in simply because they knew Saddam was going to go. With Saddam gone, their money source is gone as well.

39 Nations stood with the U.S. going into war, so the "hole" world as you put it (thanks for the misspelling btw), doesn't "hate" the U.S.

You, my friend, are yet another misinformed sheep that follows the shepherd.

-wD

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
2) How many innocents do insurgents kill? Recently, over 200. So it is ok and justified for them to bomb hundreds, yet we make ONE mistake, and the U.S. is the epitome of evil? Interesting. Very, very biased here on ATS.

Ok....if not mistaken....Mr. Bushy....was very very "biase" when he labled......Iraq, Iran and North Korea....as "Axis-of-Evil"

But I don't think "most" people on here think the US is perfect or Evil, we all know the American People are some of the best people in the world (let get that on the table now)....but many people feel the "international" policies of the US are "out-ta' lunch".

So we do love you America...always have always will, just some of the actions of a "few" makes us hate the policies they are pursuing.

Your Canadian Friend Forever,
Sven

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well then.....

(yes I know my spelling "sucks".....so make fun all you want, I'm use to it)

But to start making crazy claims (may show the US is in trouble) that Germany and France was getting all this money is just crazy.....let's get this straight....Saddam just gave 30 Billion to them...for free right? Lets see what they uncover about that whole "oil-for-food" program and then lets discuss....but to start making statements without all the facts is not right and a waist of time.

But my one question is.....why are American claming to be Canadain when they travel the world.....(because no one likes there forien polocies), and that's a fact.

Your Canadian Friend,
Sven

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Germany, France, Spain: All against the war. Why? Because they are great humanitarian countries? WRONG.

Hmmmm....who gave the "most" money to the Asian countries due to the Tsunami (spelling ok? hee...hee.).........figured out yet...........................

Germany gave the most.....so yes they are "humanitarian'zzzzz" maybe the younge USA should learn from the older Countries.

Y'r Canadian Friend,
Sven

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Too Bad So Sad.....

It's a war... this will happen...

If you don't like the U.S. then tough... doody...

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by svenglezz
But to start making crazy claims (may show the US is in trouble) that Germany and France was getting all this money is just crazy.....let's get this straight....Saddam just gave 30 Billion to them...for free right? Lets see what they uncover about that whole "oil-for-food" program and then lets discuss....but to start making statements without all the facts is not right and a waist of time.

No, Saddam didn't give the the money and oil vouchers for free. He bought their votes in the UN with it, so he could hold onto power in his murderous regime.

Seventeen resolutions over 12 years, and we finally said enough. France wanted more time (money). Did you really think that the reason France opposed us was that Chirac was a humanitarian? He opposes everything we do now; he is still so pissed off. The graph of Frances' economic growth is roughly __________________ (flat). Not too many opportunities to siphon off at home anymore. Except for arms sales to Iraq.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL

They were getting over 30 BILLION DOLLARS from Saddam ANNUALLY. They didn't want the U.S. going in simply because they knew Saddam was going to go. With Saddam gone, their money source is gone as well.

$30 billion?
Did you get that figure from a reputable source or did you just throw it out there and hope no one called you on it?

[edit on 9-1-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
because they just do ~_

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
war is hell.
innocent people will almost certainly always die in wars.
bombs will get smarter and smarter, but that doesnt help alot, since the leaders get dumber and dumber.
and since american forces are stuck in a middle of "urban guerilla warfare", that calls for bombing urban areas, which are DENSLY populated with civilan population, which gets hit alot of time, by accident or not, you be the judge.

one of abilites of urban fighters is their "stealth", because they are dressed and look just like any other iraqi civilan, unless they are packing weapons. therefore it is hard to tell who is who. i think thats why civilans get hit all the time.

but "the rebels" are left with no choice, but to write rules of urban warfare for themselfes. and remember, there wouldnt be any "terrorists" and "freedom fighters" if "the holy west" wouldnt intervene in middle east. i am not talking just about current situation, but USA and former USSR used middle east for their "testing grounds" for weapons, inteligence and politics. most of the so called "rebels" foreign goverments created and founded to fight against the enemy.

but as long as there are airplanes bombing,
innocent people will die.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ah, yes. It's so easy to be blase' about this when it wasn't your own mom, dad, brother, sister, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, counsin, friend, and dinner guests who were killed or maimed for life "by mistake". How was the mistake made? How do we know if was a mistake? How was that house chosen for bombing? Was it like the surgeon who amputates the wrong leg "by mistake". He read the chart wrong. Sh*t happens. Live with it.

Is there any accountability for killing innocent Iraqis negligently, recklessly, or intentionally? If no accountability, then why bother trying to avoid mistakes? After all, they're Iraqis and probably guilty anyway just for living there. It's good practice for the bombadiers. They hit the target they were aiming for. Silver star for effort!

Stupid bleeding heart liberals just can't accept the reality that this is a righteous conflict which the Iraqis brought upon themselves for allowing a bad guy to be their leader who, we all know, managed to remain in power for decades with the blessings and generous support of the very Nation that is now killing them. Who is the hypocrite? Anyway, ya'all can just keep on believing that tripe. Mistakes get made. Therefore, don't complain. Mistakes get made. Thefore don't complain. People get killed. That's what bullets are for. Gotta use up our inventory. Ooops. Weren't supposed to notice that! Seems the inventory somehow finds a way to get used up about once a decade or so. Anyone else notice the regularity with which that happens? Is that just chance? The other guy's bad luck to be there when stuff starts aging to the point where it needs to be expended? What do you think?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Surely this type of thread has become redundant by now.

It is just a case of:

"USA is bad for bombing civillians"
"Iraqis are worse"
"No they aren't, they're both as bad as eac other"
"No, USA rocks, Iraqis deserve to die"
"No, it's wrong"
"[mandatory rant about insurgents killing innocents too]"
"But that doesn't make it right"
"USA rocks, shut up, Iraqis go to hell"

Surely i would do the Board a great service if you either: a) Confined all these ridiculous arguments to a single Thread entitled "Liberal vs Republican: The War" or b) Shut the **** up because you are NOT going to change the other persons mind and making thread after thread like this is just another way of spamming the board, thus making actual information and relevant thoughts lost in a sea of schoolyard rumbles.

Personally, I'm not surprised. An extreme Republican could watch an Iraqi baby being set on fire by a Soldier and he will just say "He would have grown up to be a Terroist".

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Surely this type of thread has become redundant by now.

It is just a case of:

"USA is bad for bombing civillians"
"Iraqis are worse"
"No they aren't, they're both as bad as eac other"
"No, USA rocks, Iraqis deserve to die"
"No, it's wrong"
"[mandatory rant about insurgents killing innocents too]"
"But that doesn't make it right"
"USA rocks, shut up, Iraqis go to hell"

Surely i would do the Board a great service if you either: a) Confined all these ridiculous arguments to a single Thread entitled "Liberal vs Republican: The War" or b) Shut the **** up because you are NOT going to change the other persons mind and making thread after thread like this is just another way of spamming the board, thus making actual information and relevant thoughts lost in a sea of schoolyard rumbles.

Personally, I'm not surprised. An extreme Republican could watch an Iraqi baby being set on fire by a Soldier and he will just say "He would have grown up to be a Terroist".

If you changed the wording of your in case scenarios you could use them for any thread topic on the forum. Thats what discussion forums are about. People stating their opinions w/o expecting to change others.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ritual
Good this is a start.

We need to drop more bombs.

Else our casulties will go up compesnating for all the people we were too wimp to kill in the first place.

+1 for the US Military. only 10+million of them left.

I feel sorry for you. That's all I can say.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Some pretty sick and racist comments in here and that makes me wonder how some people even found this site about seeking a higher awareness.
All I can say is that the US has no business in Iraq any longer and never did in the first place but I am sure I don't need to go into a whole set of explanations that have been tired out the world over. Those of you who support this illegal murderous invasion of the US must surely support a One World Government and care very little about your own freedoms because it is the supporters of this evil regime that will have the biggest awakening!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
While the U.S. tries damn hard not to kill or hurt innocent civilians it does happen in war and with human error. Now lets try the insurgents. Hhow many innocent people of their own are they brutally killing every day? Try the other shoe for awhile!

Thank you from a American Veteran, point well taking. It is so easy for those to judge this land and its people within. Plus, let us include how many babies were dying before we set foot upon the sands, and why Sadam men hung a young girl with the white flag who was just passing troops the day before. I guess her smile did her in by Sadam loyalist. I am what I am, an American.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ritual: thank God you don't speak for the rest of the conservatives on this sight. I'm sure most of them would rather you didn't showup at their parties. Your red-neck parents will someday scorn the day they decided to buy you a computer.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill

Originally posted by I See You
but the thing is we actually do care if we kill innocent people. At least the soldiers on the ground do...not speaking of the Gvt.

I have no doubt 'some' of the soldiers harbour genuine remorse, however:

www.cpf.navy.mil...
www.wsws.org...
news.bbc.co.uk...

Where is the accountability for these past incidents. They are not all war related, but the fact remains.....the US military machine gets away with it.

brill

Brill:
I would like to extend an American hand shake for all you read in the papers and TV. My Ancesters left many countries a long time ago from Europe, Ireland, and Scottland. The leaders in those time period were not considered cream of the crop. My family found a better place to home stead, where you could think for yourself and at least find some of your dreams. Some were not educated to read, nor write, but knew they had to leave the old country if they were to survive, than exist and starving.
What country do you reside in? You speak of what is happening and degrading America, it is your choice. I do remember during the sanction on Iraq was about 10 years or so, evidence of interest did occur that was uncovered, some of the europeans nation were helping Sadam! Wow, I guess I should trust your opinion that we do not accept our faults, other nation surely do not, if you know what I mean! So I have no doubt you mock your opinion of what you truely do not have all the facts. I would not trust newspapers or the media on many output of information. I am sorry some children and adults did get killed, insurgents hide among the population and do not care if the innocent do get hurt or killed. These people of the arab nation live in a state of surpress for many centuries. It is plain to see that hatred toward us will continue because treatment of people around the world according to all countries, surpress the human race to leaders like Sadam. I really did not see any other country come forth to help the people of Iraq, they just did nothing and let all those babies die, women rapped by the Sadam loyalist, people hung or shot, or made to go into the military. Money was the issue why foreign business helped Sadam and the party. Evil lurks in your back yard, before commenting on my turf, make sure you took care of your evil before saying I have the facts-you Americans are the cause of the problem, or look children were killed. Why did you not say anything during the time Sadam was in power and people of all ages were beaten, killed, and young girls rapped? Bedisdes you were not in the situation, it is easy for you to make comments about this situation as you are not in the fighting mode like my brothers and sisters at arms in Iraq. Personnally, I would thank you for reframing from bashing our troops who are doing everything they can to keep the innocents out of the fighting. Would you be able to know who was the enemy among the population? Have a night day, Matey!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by svenglezz
Well now the Americans are there...against the will of the "world" body, and now th'r in deep #...and it's getting worse....and they want the rest of the world to take care of it now....that's a bit late...don't y'a think.

I'm sure they can leave today.....and the Iraq people would be "truly" free, and I understand that it would not be easy for Iraq if America to leave but it's prob. be better then it is now.

So I guess there trying t'a get the UN ect. to baby sit, hmmm....just show's that the American are in trouble.....if there asking for help. They should have thought of that before they went to War (against the UN). Or worse yet, they want to move to the next "country" to liberate...sigh.

Your Canadian Friend,
Sven

Really! You have no military to speak of, and I can not help it if your country and others did not get off their duff to help in the beginning. If I remember the UN wanted to step in after the fact. Sorry, I could careless of your opinion on America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join