It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS left terrified as 'mystery sniper KILLS OFF evil group's leadership one by one'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
3 in a row is pretty impressive shooting.
Most likely a professional doing the job.
Sniper skills are not easily acquired and are as demanding as any position in the armed forces.
One of ours or the Brits IMO.

AIM UP...check your crosswind...breathe out...
Pull trigger...count to 7 ... Move out....

Its that simple... 1100 to 1500 metres ...
Dead on...I prefer centre-of-mass....
Cuz .50 CAL's shred A lot of meat
so no real need for a head shot....
And the newer .60 CAL's shred even more meat...

IT's ALL about visualization, serenity, pure focus,
Compensating for gravity, using nearby shrubbery
To estimate crosswinds and expelling a long breath
Outwards as you pull the trigger.

Oddly, you feel nothing -- you don't actually
"see" your "target" --- you "feel" your stock and
Every movement and vibration even the tiniest
ground jitter from your "Sighting Partner"
...you overlay an imaginary Red Coloured
"X" at the desired Entry point and then nose
up by three inches -- then you pull your finger
flat...no curve...flat And straight back...as you
breathe out...then You count un, deux, trois,
quatre, Cinq, six, sept...you know you've made
the Hit and you then leave quietly and quickly to
a safe radio spot to get your 2nd sighter's SitRep.

In three hours you will do this over again....
And at the FOB when you're towelling yourself
down...only then...do you think about "him"!
At night you dream of low brush dancing in
the wind ... A vole or mouse peeking from atop
A rock and it suddenly splits in half...its middle
Obliterated in a gory shred of red jelly....and
Behind you see a young face full of surprise
--- Frozen solid in time --- and then your left
eye opens up to a green duffel bag stacked vertically against a corner and your day
starts anew....!!!
edit on 2016/1/31 by StargateSG7 because: sp and grammar

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: StargateSG7

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
3 in a row is pretty impressive shooting.
Most likely a professional doing the job.
Sniper skills are not easily acquired and are as demanding as any position in the armed forces.
One of ours or the Brits IMO.

AIM UP...check your crosswind...breathe out...
Pull trigger...count to 7 ... Move out....

Its that simple... 1100 to 1500 metres ...
Dead on...I prefer centre-of-mass....
Cuz .50 CAL's shred A lot of meat
so no real need for a head shot....
And the newer .60 CAL's shred even more meat...

How about just giving him flowers and a Hug instead...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: angeldoll
Actually, this tactic has been occurring to me lately. All the allies could put snipers on the ground in disguise. It would leave the innocents unharmed, and eliminate many of the perps. Sigh. Nobody ever listens to my brilliant ideas. Maybe I should email the commander in chief.

Go to kickstarter, pitch your idea, then hire blackwater. Bam.

On topic, this is excellent news, but I doubt its a us sniper. Why would we assassinate the leaders of our own personal terror squad?

For the same reason we got rid of everyone from Noriega and Saddam they were no longer useful.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
An American Seal, of Mid east background easily blending in. ah don't see why not?

Cant see it, what if they get cornered, its not like they are the tip of the spear in these places, limited back up, no rescue. Our conops are drones for execution, this, if true, is likely a trained local IMO.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: WinstonChurchill

An American Seal, of Mid east background easily blending in. ah don't see why not?

Cant see it, what if they get cornered, its not like they are the tip of the spear in these places, limited back up, no rescue. Our conops are drones for execution, this, if true, is likely a trained local IMO.

Well could be, and perhaps more likely but don't we have guys trained to go in for months undercover blending in with the locals.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
This works now because these guys, while calling themselves ISIS, have none the training and experience that ISIS in Syria and Iraq do. They will learn soon enough ways to counter snipers and protect their leaders so that it gets massively harder to accomplish such things. US Special forces operation out of US allies Egypt and Tunisia are the likely culprits most likely training local militias. So the shooter itself could be many people both US and local.

I agree to an extent.

ISIS in Libya and ISIS in Syria/Iraq are more closely aligned and related than other ISIS franchises. Prominent ISIS members have moved between the states and have interacted with each group. The same can't be said for a lot of other ISIS groups.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Well could be, and perhaps more likely but don't we have guys trained to go in for months undercover blending in with the locals.

Until you take your first shot, then you are pretty vulnerable, need to get out sharpish or go to ground, you don't know who is friendly / sympathetic. They absolutely could I am sure and are trained to do that, but I would imagine if they had special forces on the ground, they would be more effective and less likely to be caught shooting a laser detector or giving a 9-line for a hellfire, at least then no one is looking for the shooter?

I dont know of course, its only my 2 pence!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I remember reading about UK special forces doing similar things in Syria. Could the mystery sniper be a team of SAS operating undercover?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
They need to have the sniper's spotter video tape all of the kills, upload them on YouTube as a "Anti-ISIS recruitment video" maybe it will discourage some recruits.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
It appears Operation Norris is underway.

More precision leaves a smaller incision. I only hope they're actually doing us a favor. They could just as well be taking out leaders that they felt were "unworthy" of keeping ties with their handlers, which would actually strengthen the group by eliminating the untrustworthy.

I'm not that smart.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I fear this too... That leadership vacuum of a dust bowl. Hopefully this is a scared straight tactic and not a motivator tool

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

No honor among thieves.

I've often wondered why some people get to play chess with other people's bodies.

Old battles used to have people just line up across a field and go at each other. I never understood that, either.

Certainly, a sniper taking care of these vermin makes more sense than dropping bombs that cause that nasty "collateral damage" euphemism to be used.

I'm with everyone else, I don't care who is doing it or why.
I just hope they keep doing it.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Most posters in here clearly became what they hate.

You are all up in arms if others treat human beings as animals. You fulminate about humans that treat others as such, that behead others, or shoot them. But you cheer these tactics if it suits YOUR needs.

A human died. That is NEVER reason for cheering and happiness.
edit on 31-1-2016 by ForteanOrg because: he wanted to be clearer still

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

Most posters in here clearly became what they hate.

You are all up in arms if others treat human beings as animals. You fulminate about humans that treat others as such, that behead others, or shoot them. But you cheer these tactics if it suits YOUR needs.

A human died. That is NEVER reason for cheering and happiness.

You live by the sword and all that, but I appreciate what you are saying.

The thing is, these beings being eliminated are not Human. They do not have a trace of humanity in them and lost any chance of sympathy by their actions.
edit on 31/1/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

Normally TPTB wont sanction assassination, as they don't themselves want to become direct targets of their wars. Fighting is for the soldiers not the leaders. They make laws against assassination not because it is just or the right thing to do but to protect themselves.

What ??
They do it all the time, what do you think drones are firing missiles at ?
These days its referred to as targeted killing
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: angeldoll

I like the tactic very much.

Any more ideas? Just post them up here, after all GCHQ and the like will be happy to read about them.

The tactic works......but first you need to establish very good and reliable intel so you're actually putting down the right people......

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Interesting that this is happening. Outside of some western backed mercenary, there's still a bit of a toss-up who could be doing this. It could be Russian, Kurdish, somebody local that got pissed off, or even somebody supported by the African Union - because honestly they're not too happy with what happened to Qadafi and may not mind getting back into the game.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

They are still human, unfortunately. But, at the same time, I can't blame people for being happy to hear something is being done about these murderous nutjobs.

I think, although it's not always stated that way, the real celebration comes from the hope that some innocent people may be saved through this action.

I'm glad they are dead, personally, insofar as they have been prevented from harming further innocents and killed in a way that innocents were not killed with them.

The time for silliness and naiveté is over. We need to stop the evil on all sides of this mess. The elite war profiteers and the insane jihadis alike. And that's not going to happen by pretending the world is other than it is.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Terrorising terrorists is something I can appreciate.

The SAS did it with the IRA towards the end of the troubles in Northern Ireland, and on Gibraltar with Operation Flavius.

While I don't condone wholesale killing, I can certainly live with someone taking out the ISIS leadership.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join