It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s New Pro-Veterans Website-Money goes to Trump not vets

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
removed, no longer rabid

edit on 29-1-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

That's what I was thinking... These Trump haters are worse than the ones that cried and still cry over Bush...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The charity was established ad hoc and like almost every charity out there, you donate money to it and they - the charity - redistribute it according to their guidelines. Of course the money doesn't go directly from donor to veteran, that isn't how charities work.

This is just partisan sniping at Trump, and a non-issue.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You ingore the million he gave to save the NY Veterans Day parade 'years ago'. Helping vets is not new to him. He has also given money to a few high profile cases such as the Marine that was stuck in Mexico. Gave the kid some money to get back on his feet.

He has given over 100 million to charities in the last 5 years. That is not a cheap person not a charlatan...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

It's cute to question my integrity. However I think plenty will attest to it. Whether they agree w me or not

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
The charity was established ad hoc and like almost every charity out there, you donate money to it and they - the charity - redistribute it according to their guidelines. Of course the money doesn't go directly from donor to veteran, that isn't how charities work.

This is just partisan sniping at Trump, and a non-issue.

No he didn't that charity has been existence since the eighties

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Americans are hungry for a real president. You should probably get used to Trump being the new CiC.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If Trump uses the donated money as a tax write off, good for him.

$6,000,000.00 goes to vets.

Trump can now "write off" $6,000,000.00 from taxes that he would owe for other business.

So? Good for him for using the laws created to serve our capitalist society to improve his financial outcome.

I mean, the guy probably spends more money and energy towards his goals in one week (which are said to have our best interest in mind) then half of any of us could or would do in our lifetime.

It always amazes me how people pick apart and try to lynch actual superheros that are out there everyday trying with all their intellect and funding to actually make a difference and "save the world".

It just blows my mind.

If someone gave any one of us 5 billion dollars, would you study hard and form committees and sit on boards and run campaigns to do this and that and help fix things that need to be fixed, or would you just go buy an island and jack off?

edit on 29-1-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

It's cute to question my integrity. However I think plenty will attest to it. Whether they agree w me or not

Sorry about that ManBehindTheMask.
I read your opening op just after you wrote it last night and I when I woke up I was pissed off for some reason. Got a cold and my tooth aches. Took it out on the iternets.

Still think this thread is wrong, however.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
If Trump uses the donated money as a tax write off, good for him.

$6,000,000.00 goes to vets.

Trump can now "write off" $6,000,000.00 from taxes that he would owe for other business.

So? Good for him for using the laws created to serve our capitalist society to improve his financial outcome.

I mean, the guys probably spends more money and energy towards his goals in one week (which are said to have our best interest in mind) then half of any of us could or would do in our lifetime.

It always amazes me how people pick apart and try to lynch actual superheros that are out there everyday trying with all their intellect and funding to actually make a difference and "save the world".

It just blows my mind.

If someone gave any one of us 5 billion dollars, would you study hard and form committees and sit on boards and run campaigns to do this and that and help fix things that need to be fixed, or would you just go buy an island and jack off?

That's a tough one... But I'd like to have 5 billion dollars for sure.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If someone held you at gunpoint to make a $100 donation to either the Clinton Foundation or Trump's charity, which would you chose? Who do you trust more? Just wonderin'.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
This is a HUGE middle finger to the media. It does not make him look scared but not wanting to play the game. This is the biggest deal of his life and I do not see him not trying as hard as he can.

No, its a huge middle finger to the Vets. Politicians send troops overseas to fight wars for corporate interests, don't take care of them when they get home, and then use the vets to boast their campaign. Oh and your statement about Bernie is completely false as has been proven time and time again in numerous threads now.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Sorry about that ManBehindTheMask.
I read your opening op just after you wrote it last night and I when I woke up I was pissed off for some reason. Got a cold and my tooth aches. Took it out on the iternets.

Still think this thread is wrong, however.

Not a problem man, we all have our days, I do thank you for all your input though......

heres one on me!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
If someone held you at gunpoint to make a $100 donation to either the Clinton Foundation or Trump's charity, which would you chose? Who do you trust more? Just wonderin'.

straw man, thats not whats happening at all

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

How is raising money for vets a finger to them? The finger is the organizations who say they support vets but are stating they would not take money from Trump. They are politicizing when they should be accepting anything to help. I know a lot of local vet organizations that could be helped.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: amicktd

How is raising money for vets a finger to them? The finger is the organizations who say they support vets but are stating they would not take money from Trump. They are politicizing when they should be accepting anything to help. I know a lot of local vet organizations that could be helped.

Also the fact the we need private money to take care of the vets in the first place.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I seriously doubt this. Every donation is a tax write off so doubt your correct in the assumption hes hoarding the wealth.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

It's kind of more than that. Now Trump has $6 million that he can use to curry favor with whatever organization he sees fit. 'I scratch your back, you scratch mine.' Kind of a deal.

That's what the Donald J Trump Foundation is, that's all it's ever been. I mean, this is a 29 year old organization and it's mostly just received money from other billionaire organizations. It may have given some grants here and there, but it's hardly a truly charitable organization.

Thankfully, it looks like a lot of people saw through the charade. Trump raised $6 million, $1 million from himself and another $1 million from some other billionaire. A few others donated $500,000.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

edit on 30-1-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I've seen the actual list of veteran's charities that will be receiving the money Trump raised. I'm not familiar with all of them, but the ones I recognize are definitely on the list of the ones I would support. Someone I trust who keeps up with worthy veteran charities, was rather impressed with the list, as it matched almost exactly with her list of charities that spent most of their money on vets and not executive compensation and fund raising.

DAV and Fischer House are both on the list. Wounded Warriors Project is not.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join