It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harley Ate My Sandwich

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Okay, not really.

I ate the sandwich for lunch and had set the plate out of the way. Then later I had gotten up from my desk and was outside taking care of something.

I came back in and found her asleep like this and could not resist taking a picture of it.

I think I know why she fell asleep like this. My sandwich was a BLT and all my cats are rather fond of bacon.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Never trust an animal or person that doesn't like bacon, minus herbivores of course.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

That's just it. I can't trust them when it comes to bacon........when I go to cook it, it ends up like the poor little old lady in this old commercial:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful
They sleep just about anywhere don't they? She'll have a few crumbs to lick out of her whiskers when she wakes up.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I believe she is very patiently waiting for you to make her one. Better get busy.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

My feline overlord likes to dip her paw into my cup of coffee or glass of water when she thinks I'm not looking. I can't leave out a drink of any kind without her robbing from it.

That's how she drinks from her water dish too... she dips her paw in and drinks the water from her toes instead of lapping it up with her tongue.

My cat doesn't know how to cat !

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I can tell you why she's doing that!

Well the part of her water bowl anyway.

Cats have VERY bad depth perception and they really really hate getting their noses wet. Most cat dishes are unicolor and flat on the bottom, which means a cat will get their nose wet trying to find where the air ends, and the water begins.

Try putting a couple of rocks or something else in the dish to give it less of a flat look and your cat will probably start drinking out of it more often as what we would consider 'normal' lol

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

You haven't met Harley.

She insists on drinking only from a running faucet.

She gets water on her head, up her nose, you name it. I can't go into the kitchen without her jumping up to the sink and meowing at me until I turn the faucet on.

Been thinking about getting one of those plugin fountains, fill it with water so she has a water source without pestering me in the kitchen.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

We have a plugin fountain.

Pretty great, cats love it.

So do the dogs lol

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: CranialSponge

I can tell you why she's doing that!

Well the part of her water bowl anyway.

Cats have VERY bad depth perception and they really really hate getting their noses wet. Most cat dishes are unicolor and flat on the bottom, which means a cat will get their nose wet trying to find where the air ends, and the water begins.

Try putting a couple of rocks or something else in the dish to give it less of a flat look and your cat will probably start drinking out of it more often as what we would consider 'normal' lol

~Tenth

I'll try the rocks thing or maybe a sticker on the bottom of the dish.

Hopefully that'll work !

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I just took her picture again and woke her up:

This apparently displeased her, and she decided to let me know about it by brandishing claws at me. I act terrified of course, least she rip out my throat:

I'm trying to explain how important kitty pictures are.......she's not buying it!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

OMG !

I'm laughing my arse off at your little commentary for each pic.

She's like: "Yeah, whatever bub."

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
She has you trained. Good human!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You have displeased her highness. You look perilously close to death there.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Love that cat! So gorgeous! And you are such a good Daddy!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yah, if I lean back in my computer chair and she notices, she'll walk down to me (stretching of course) and then curls up on chest.

Sometimes she'll reach up and pat the side of my face. Like she's going "Good boy!"

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Oh I love when they pat you in the face! Adorable! If mine wants attention he will jump up onto the table in front of my computer and do the kitty stare then he touches his nose to mine. Cold wet nose! His, not mine. LOL

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Love it!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Oh dear, such a beautiful cat. I recently lost mine Jorge. I miss him so much.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
your cat is adorable! that's all I had to say. makes me wish i had a cat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join