It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

...But I'll defend to the death, your right to say it...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpartan

Yes, which is why I presumed as much to do so, obviously. I assume my name fools you, but none more easily fooled than the fool.
I am no mewling babe fresh out of university, I have decades of scholastic experience. As a teacher.

I have a very large clue about your ability to know, due to your very obvious lack of research. If you wish to learn about ANY poster here, you are free to do so and it is very easy.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

If I may make a point, and it is in all probability not the point of the OP, when there are certain views the general public find distasteful, be it anti-monarchism, pro-paedophilia, pro murder or pro sharia or pro (insert butthurtworthy word), while I'd vehemently argue for their right to say such things, my own views would prevent me for putting myself in danger for them. And my view is that I see nothing wrong with it. I admit a flaw, as if I were to be shown the flaw, I doubt very much I'd change my mind.

If you think of me as less a worthy man than you, cest la vie.

It's your life.

Out of curiosity. Would you watch him die if it was occurring right in front of you? Or would you turn your back?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Oh so so sorry. I didn't realize I was bargaining for a discussion based on your rules.

I think I'll take a pass, like you tried to when confronted with the reality of what free speech actually is.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman
a reply to: mamabeth

You seem highly ignorant, you ignore the OP and project your own ill will and issues upon the thread. I would also not stand up for those that oppose my view, admit they have the right, yes, but die for murderers, terrorists, paedophiles and hooligans? No chance. Get your head out of the sand and stop being such a predictable person, use your head, not what buzzwords you are taught to spin. Someone of your age should know better than to cause division for the sake of it, shame on you and yours.

Please explain to me in terms that my feeble brain can comprehend..".buzzwords you are taught to spin".
"project your own ill will" and finally..."stop being such a predictable person".Oh I almost forgot..."someone
of your age should know better than to cause division".

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I think I'll take a pass, like you tried to when confronted with the reality of what free speech actually is.

Right. A principle that pertains only to the government. You've already made that quite clear.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Watch whom die? I will assume you mean the speaker voicing views opposite mine. If requested by anybody I would stay with them but only because I worked as a caregiver, so no matter who, I'd stay. If things were otherwise, I'm afraid to say I'd probably turn my back. As it is now, I'd stay, but i would be hurt to do so, but because death upsets me.

I am a hypocrite, in quite a few regards.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Nahh mamabeth you aren't as dim as you play
You know full well what I mean. Would you die to defend my principles? I'm fully sure you would fight for them on my behalf, but to put you and yours at risk for them? I would think no less of you if you would not.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Watch whom die? I will assume you mean the speaker voicing views opposite mine. If requested by anybody I would stay with them but only because I worked as a caregiver, so no matter who, I'd stay. If things were otherwise, I'm afraid to say I'd probably turn my back. As it is now, I'd stay, but i would be hurt to do so, but because death upsets me.

I am a hypocrite, in quite a few regards.

Yes, the hypothetical racist or homophobe.

It's a refreshing honesty, and likely the going rate for most people. I would hope the murder victim had long been proven guilty of his so-called crimes, so that you would have some peace at least.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I have a very large clue about your ability to know, due to your very obvious lack of research. If you wish to learn about ANY poster here, you are free to do so and it is very easy.

Like I said, you have no clue. You also have no clue about how familiar I am with other poster's post histories. But it's besides the point. It is not the 1000 other posts that give someone away. This often only happens in a few of them and to me, it is painfully clear.

I am aware that a lot of people are not as perceptive.
edit on 26-1-2016 by NeoSpartan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure you are aware that, even guilty, there is no peace from mob justice. I just know in my heart of hearts that someone who screams at the top of their lungs that Israel must burn, or that Islam needs to be nuked (not sure how) or any example, it is their own fault for being so dumb. The accused, most definitely, but those that espouse views many find intolerable? Darwinism. Still sad, but I'd feel no guilt. Perhaps because it makes it easier.
edit on 26/1/2016 by Learningman because: drink

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

See you didn't miss anything
still defending

I managed to defend my right to smoke and have breakfast :F

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpartan

Like I said, you have no clue. You also have no clue about how familiar I am with other poster's post histories. But it's besides the point. It is not the 1000 other posts that give someone away. This often only happens in a few of them and to me, it is painfully clear.

Actually there are plenty of clues.

From your post history it's pretty evident what your agenda is.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
We've learned some things here today:

1). Only Governments are required to adhere to "universal respect for, and observance of, human rights and fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language, or religion".

2). Some would not risk their lives for these rights, especially if it was for someone we did not like.

3). Saying something is cause for dire consequence, such as loss of job, ostracization, and maybe even death.

3). We defend the human rights only to those we like, and who are nice to us and other people.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I am not trying to look like anything I am not. I am not slipping up making posts accidentally showing my true colors, cause I am not trying to hide my true colors, at all.
edit on 26-1-2016 by NeoSpartan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpartan

Oh, i apologise, returned poster of unknown name, but you tool the statement in a reply to 'oh you want dissenting voiced to die' pf 'if they do, I don't care' as an open threat? yes, very perceptive. I just think you have mis=characterised and feel backed into a corner to defend your statement,when any rational mind reading such a small offhand comment would see it for what it was, that being 'not my problem'. Call it dishonourable, by all means, but to get butthurt about a supposed threat only you see, is not the smart thing to do.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Would the Christian fundamentalist protect the homosexual? Would the right winger protect the lefty in a barfight? I see your point, but I find it easily refutable when not posed in hypotheticals.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Would the Christian fundamentalist protect the homosexual? Would the right winger protect the lefty in a barfight? I see your point, but I find it easily refutable when not posed in hypotheticals.

Only the good ones.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

by all means, but to get butthurt about a supposed threat only you see, is not the smart thing to do.

I obviously am not the only one seeing it, but let's say I was, how would it not be smart? Are you suggesting there is a downside to me being the only one of said opinion?

I can't imagine one single downside actually. Is that your groupthink showing?

So far I still see no explanation about the need for this scenario in which people are going to die because of things they said that offend "Charlie".

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I just want to thank you. I've always thought of "free speech" as something within the confines of government allowance.

Until today.

I've actually learned something.

Cheers and thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join