It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

...But I'll defend to the death, your right to say it...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: mamabeth

You played the victim card in a round about way.
You can deny it all you like but people's reading comprehension must be severely lacking if they can't gauge what you were trying to say.

Seems to me you are saying it is fine to kill folks that disagree with you.

Well not necessarily you, but others.

Because careful there Chuck, plenty of people don't like Muslim's and would gladly take up that same mentality against you.

It is called free expression for a reason.

Not popular expression is OK.

It wasn't that long ago that most agreed with racism, and hating on homosexuality.

Should they have been allowed your version of Justice because they were in the majority?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I feel like a kid from divorced parents, mommy daddy could you stop fighting over dumb crap please

But in reality i don't give a crap anymore and perhaps society just need a purge day, meh

LoLo that was priceless

edit on 26-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpartan
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I see, you didn't, and are not going to answer that because you know I had you pegged straight away and there is no way to talk yourself out of it.

Just admit that you wrote this thread out of spite, and that you felt all vindicated, dreaming up this scenario in which your enemies are killed by others, likeminded folks, while you point and laugh.

Now you're just being ignorant. I gave you 3 answers to your "why did you write this" question.

Edit: Unnecassary.
edit on 26-1-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: Spelling.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpartan

Haha Charlie is one of the most accepting on the boards, if he even mentioned sharia as a real idealogue hed get nutted the feck out, but he has no need for it, our laws are flawed to hell but still good enough. You show your colours though. And noted they are, as the shade of butter.

Charlie is an Englishman through and through. Think on who you deign to insult without any knowledge, lest ye be cast aside as a friggen eeedjot.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

No, there will be no killing or threats. That I know of. But if there is, oh well.

Is that "oh well" hypothetical too?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

No, there will be no killing or threats. That I know of. But if there is, oh well.

No that's a proclamation.

The "IF" is the hypothetical.

link   

EAT Charlie

We will still be here when you come back

link   

And yet, essentially you're condemning my stance not to run into the Chrlie Hebdo building and die with them...
Shouldn't that be my choice alone?

Not to mention that drawing a cartoon and overt hatred are not at all the same thing...
Do you still not see the direction the thread was intended for instead of the direction it was pushed by the perpetual victim card?

I'm not saying you should die for people. You already explicitly stated you wouldn't, anyways. I personally have a problem with people being murdered and would put my life at risk to stop it, no matter who it is, but especially if it was for saying something.

Edit: I still do not see what angle you're attempting to approach this from.

edit on 26-1-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpartan

Haha so terrified of an English Muslim speaking freely are we? Butter even without salt remains butter, my friend. Careful or he will suicide bomb your house! What a joke.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Your point?

If you say that women should be home having and taking care of children, is it not my free speech to call you a sexist jerk?

If you do it in your place of employment and people start to complain is it not your boss's right to fire you?

What on Earth ever gave you the idea that you were entitled to say whatever you wanted, wherever you wanted to entirely free of consequence? That seems more like the notion of a child learning about free speech for the first time.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

So, we have an antithetical approach...
Courteously I might add.

This is why I wrote the thread.

Not for an echo chamber, nor to be slandered by victims.

Yes Layaly, I will now commence with food time.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

After this I wouldn't be hungry

Calm down so you can eat properly so much adrenaline

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Your point?

If you say that women should be home having and taking care of children, is it not my free speech to call you a sexist jerk?

If you do it in your place of employment and people start to complain is it not your boss's right to fire you?

What on Earth ever gave you the idea that you were entitled to say whatever you wanted, wherever you wanted to entirely free of consequence? That seems more like the notion of a child learning about free speech for the first time.

here we go speaking in questions again...

Are these arguments?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

It's a discussion.

Would you like to continue discussing or not?

link   

So, we have an antithetical approach...
Courteously I might add.

This is why I wrote the thread.

Not for an echo chamber, nor to be slandered by victims.

You know what's worse? Explaining to liberals liberal principles.

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

No that's a proclamation.

The "IF" is the hypothetical.

So you admit that in reality you would be completely indifferent to the supposed killing of those that have somehow offended you.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It's a discussion.

Would you like to continue discussing or not?

Sounds like an interview.

Make a point and I'll respond.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Sorry, you really think you, a learningman, are in a position to teach?

You don't have a clue about my ability to know. I didn't even make assumptions. It was, and still is right there. Blatantly.

But please, tell me more about "Charlie".
edit on 26-1-2016 by NeoSpartan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

If I may make a point, and it is in all probability not the point of the OP, when there are certain views the general public find distasteful, be it anti-monarchism, pro-paedophilia, pro murder or pro sharia or pro (insert butthurtworthy word), while I'd vehemently argue for their right to say such things, my own views would prevent me for putting myself in danger for them. And my view is that I see nothing wrong with it. I admit a flaw, as if I were to be shown the flaw, I doubt very much I'd change my mind.

If you think of me as less a worthy man than you, cest la vie.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
See darlin all these people want is someone to hear them

Even Jesus couldn't listen to all of this

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join