It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Missing Texas Forty

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I lived in Katy west of Houston and grew up in humble and spring areas. I have driven through the forest on FM149 and 1791 about a thousand times. I have hiked in and camped in the forest and often go off roading with the boyfriend in my jeep/his motorcycle on the dirt trails. I have heard of a lot of missing people in the area and have heard of Bigfoot sightings. I have seen cars left off the side of the road for weeks and towed away. I can say driving through there at night you get the creeps and don't want to break down at night. There supposedly are areas hidden in the forest with marijuana fields. I have been told by local police that this is attributed to a lot of the disappearance.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TXTriker

You could be right,
thanks!

It just seemed strange to me...and to a few others...

Maybe something,
Maybe nothing at all!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

a reply to: beansidhe That's it. Thank you! It's weird for sure. Serial killers are known to lie but who knows? Maybe they weren't lying about it.

I'd never heard of it until you mentioned it - I just looked it up out of interest. I'm heading off just now, but I'm going to look into it more, or try to, because it's...just weird.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
If it's not posted already I'd be interested in reading a thread on it. I think you'd do a better job at it than me.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Thank you for a nicely written, presented and very informative contribution.

I've never heard of this until now.

Very interesting and disturbing how things seem to have played out.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

This may be venturing a little off-topic, but I wonder what Bush's motives were for letting Lucas get life rather than the death penalty ?

a reply to: Amity79

Running afoul of growers or drug runners could certainly account for some of the disappearances I would think.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I'm unconvinced - all my threads end up veering in the same Picty direction

But you're right, it's heading off topic and should probably be a thread of its own. Let me do some reading and see if I can find anything more, or if there are possible links to TN's cases.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MaryaNoxx

I don't know, but I really, really want to know now.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Great post, thanks OP.

This is very similar to the dozens of cases of missing native women in Northern British Columbia, also along a stretch of highway.

The Federal Government has only just announced that they are looking into it after nearly a decade of disappearances.

It boggles the mind that law enforcement agencies aren't pulling out all the stops to find what is obviously a serial killer at work.
edit on 24-1-2016 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

A landslide post! The thing I like most about it.
It keeps this subject fresh in the minds of people who
could easily be affected. Or even know someone who could be.
Say someone reads this post and knows of some folk heading out.
What harm can be done by filling their ears with warning. Not fear
but a cautious warning. That's what means the most to me.

edit on Rpm12416v52201600000034 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
41 they seem to know that there's a lot of people there that give people bad drugs and then go aimlessly walking throughout the woods it says in cases that people walk away from their caretakers but it my mind or seeing that many of these people didn't begin this way, the drug that they give these girls makes u hallucinate, and make you go crazy! plus there is one thing that has an advantage there! there are woods everywhere!! n its one thing of that Detectives don't seem to take care of or look at it. They can hide bodies in the trees!! One thing to think of Willis forests just a tip for ya u went to a house where this guy Kenny which is in jail now sold drugs. He owned over a hundred acres of woods where I was told there were atleast 8 bodies of girls ! The gang they were in tried to kill me they refer to the drug as gravy...

edit on 24-1-2016 by psychicwoman because: (no reason given)
all connected to 105! The crystal meth dealers are cartel and they will kill for anything
edit on 24-1-2016 by psychicwoman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: skunkape23

YOU could be the "person on the ground"!

Have you been to Sam Houston National Forest?
Have you heard of "The Missing Forty" before?
In your circles?
YOU could be a invaluable resource!

I haven't been to the park, but I know a guy that has about 1500 acres in Splendora. I have spent a considerable amount of time camping and hiking in the area.
Some of the locals struck me as a little shady. I found a small abandoned trailer that had obviously been used as a meth lab.
The thing about this trailer...I couldn't figure out how the hell it got there. It was in the middle of dense thicket. I probably should have notified authorities, but I tend to avoid dealing with the police.
It almost looked like it would have had to be put in place by a chopper. There was no way to drive it in.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
When I read your OP something kept nagging at my mind but for the life of me I couldn't think what it was. Then I remembered a thread by Dreamingawake on the Highway of tears in Canada where up to 43 women have come up missing. Here's the thread so you can read it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Thank you for that!

I ran across a reference to that also!

It will provide me with some reading tonight...

My friend...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join