It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highway of Tears: Mystery of the 800-mile stretch of Canadian road where up to 43 women have gone mi

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Highway of Tears: Mystery of the 800-mile stretch of Canadian road where up to 43 women have gone missing in 30 years and could be victims of serial killer

www.dailymail.co.uk

It has been dubbed the Highway of Tears.

Mystery surrounds one of the remotest stretches of highway in Canada after nearly 50 women are believed to have gone missing there in the past 30 years.

Many believe that the disappearances along Highway 16, which runs between Prince George and Prince Rupert in British Columbia, are the work of a twisted serial killer who preys on young women...
(cont)victims of Canada's harsh and remote wilderness.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
'Dozens' of Women Vanish From Canadian Wilderness

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Still unsolved, it is important to share again to bring into the open in hopes of closure and justice where needed. The article shares names of the missing women, images, a map of disappearances and homicides of the area and more details of the events. Related Link to the news/thread shared last year of the Highway of Tears.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10-6-2012 by dreamingawake because: image added

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I have read similar cases, probably a psychotic serial killer doing it for the
fun or the excitement he/she has due to certain fetishes. Must be living in
a hideout or in a nearby village with a hidden underground basement. Which
I imagine most serial killers to do, best way to hide something is to hide
it right under your nose.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
I have read similar cases, probably a psychotic serial killer doing it for the
fun or the excitement he/she has due to certain fetishes. Must be living in
a hideout or in a nearby village with a hidden underground basement. Which
I imagine most serial killers to do, best way to hide something is to hide
it right under your nose.

Some could well indeed be linked to that, especially with the many of the noted homicides. I agree with as mentioned in discussion of the missing women, that stretch of highway is scary, a perfect place to "hide" victims. I remember when I moved to the Pacific Northwest being told "When the snow melts the bones come out" when discussing the vast stretches of highways and deep woods. As is likely similar with other heavily wooded areas.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Thanks for the link! I want to take a look at UFO reports in that area. I have found several on the MUFON Maps. I will work on this later when I get home from work.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Read the story on ATS a few months ago. This is hardly Breaking News.

Interesting though.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Man, I had no knowledge of this until now. Such a tragedy. The sign is chilling and it makes you wonder if there is a whole community of people responsible for this. 30 years is long enough time to be able to start to suspect some sort of a Texas Chainsaw Massacre scenario. Also...try to find out if there are any covens or black lodges nearby.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has jumped to the alien abduction conclusion yet lol.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Kathy Frank - Highway Of Tears Video

Video images and text about the missing women.

Also see,
Finding Dawn Documentary by Christine Welsh

edit on 10-6-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
"try to find out if there are any covens or black lodges nearby."

if I had google earth right now I would be doing just that. When ever I read stories like this I would scope it out on the G. Earth expecting to find some hills have eyes village, lol.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Awful ... sounds like the storyline for a John Conolly novel.

Woody

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

I did as soon as I read the title
Canada has witnessed some of the most compelling UFO cases in history, so I wouldn't be surprised if these abductions are UFO related. 30 years is a long time for someone to engage in abductions and/or murder without getting caught.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

It's unusual for ET abductions to occur, where the person who was taken, doesn't come back. That isn't the Greys' modus operandi; they generally want people who they can interact with repeatedly on a long term basis, rather than once off. The other problem with not returning people from their perspective, is that it could potentially draw too much attention to them; they are very fond of secrecy.

This is an interesting case, however. My initial hypothesis would also be a serial killer, but 30 years is a long time for the same individual to continue to operate. Still, it is possible.

I would want to know which points along the road were the most common points of disappearance, and also the time of day when they had been taken.
edit on 10-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

There are allot of reports on MUFON in that area around Highway 16- main areas- Rupert, Terrace, Burns Lake and others. This sort-of reminds me of issue going on in Nome, Alaska. The problem with UFO reports, they are not all in the same place. All information regarding this issue should be inter-faced and checked for patterns against Missing Persons. Missing Persons is the most Neglected area in Law- Enforcement! The usual excuse is that they do not have the resources to continue searching after a certain time period. Personally, I dont know of anything more important!! I will go back and read more about this issue.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I live in British Columbia, a few hours south of here, and have been following this story.

What's even more disheartening that the disappearances, is that Native groups have been going to the police for DECADES saying that women have been going missing along this stretch of road, but it was only when a white woman went missing that police started to take notice.

A sad, sad story indeed, I really hope they catch whomever is responsible, and soon.

This is old news, but a spotlight must be kept on this case. If it were UFO's, why only women?

Star and flag, OP.
edit on 10-6-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

My instincts are about 50% Alien Abductions. This reminds me of Nome, Alaska! There are 24 missing, and I think around 3 found. The Native American Indians in Nome are mad because the movie- The Fourth Kind was based on events that have taken place in that area. Basically, they dont want to hear about Aliens. The fact is that this is going on all over the world. If we could combine all the information about this Alien Subject and compare to all the Missing Persons, I think patterns would show! It saddens me to know that we have so many people that just disappear and no-one that is working full time in this area. I would like to create a group of people that do nothing but look for missing persons. I will attempt to find out how to get Federal Funding for this issue. All the Government Funding that goes for non-sense, surely there is some left to do something Good in this world!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Why UFO'S? Its just such a major area that is ignored. I would suggest to put up cameras along the highway in that area. Why all women? I dont know..I will go back and read more about this issue and look for patterns.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I think I listened to a bit about this on Whitley Striebers show a few weeks ago.
Terrifying stuff!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Maybe people just SHOULDN'T BE HITCH HIKING...

simple solution to a simple problem...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Yeah, it's unfortunate. Police don't take any notice when it's Natives.

Natives in Canada are treated like blacks are in the US. Sh*t like that almost makes me ashamed to be white.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join