It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLACK History month...can't wait.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Maybe I wouldn't be so annoyed if I didn't have 12 years of Black History Month shoved down my throat by the public school system.

So is it all knowledge of other ppl that annoys you are is it just knowledge of Black ppl.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

No, not black people. More like people who use tyranny they've never personally faced as a crutch.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

No, not black people. More like people who use tyranny they've never personally faced as a crutch.

What are you talking about , learning about others historical contributions or experiences is not a form of protest , if that's what you think it is then you got it all misconstrued.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous

America was the first country in modern times to fight for slaves to gain freedom. We were the leaders of the rest of the world to follow suit.

Were did you learn that rubbish?

Honestly that 100% wrong in every single way.

Britain banned the slave trade in 1808 so the RN would capture slave ships if encountered

And in 1833 we outlawed slavery all together in all British terratotys.

We just didn't have a war over it cause most of us knew slavery was a douche thing to do so just accepted it.

Hell USA owened slaves used to flee to canada because they knew they woyld be free in the British empire!

America being the first to fight to free slave my arse

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
When a black man says " Black power " he is proud of his race, but when a white man says " White power " he is declared a racist.

black people have a TV channel called BET ( Black. Entertainment. Television ).
Could also white people have a WET ( White. Entertainment. Television. ).

Is it possible for white people to have a White history month ??

I have found whats good for the goose isn't always good for the gander. Why so much inequality. What happened before our time is not my fault or anyone else's, remembering a barbaric past and imposing it on the present and giving it validity for such holidays is actually perpetuating the racism.

Lets all learn to respect all races and cultures.
edit on 24-1-2016 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

edit on 24-1-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
a reply to: Abysha

America was the first country in modern times to fight for slaves to gain freedom. We were the leaders of the rest of the world to follow suit.

That's really kind of embarrassing for you to have made such an historically ignorant statement.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

? Whats the problem with you about my statments.? I was pointing out inequality about what is found to be acceptable and unacceptable when one race does the same as the other.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
dp

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Hmm somehow I feel taken grossly out of context somehow and for some reason? I felt as though I was in complete agreement with your opening statements. How have I gone astray in your eyes.?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: enament

Hmm
I've reread your post. If I took it wrong, I humbly apologize. However I have to say, it reads like you are anti black history month....this is what confuses me still in your post
"What happened before our time is not my fault or anyone else's, remembering a barbaric past and imposing it on the present and giving it validity for such holidays is actually perpetuating the racism.
"

I don't think that way, perhaps you meant something else to what you articulated.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I am not anti black history month at all, I think its great to be proud of ones heritage. What I don't like is the inequality of it when others are shunned for wanting to celebrate their race predominantly white people are criticised for wanting to be proud of their race.

We need to understand together that all races have done savage things to others races but we have also done great things as well. Every race and culture should have the ability to be proud of their race and culture as long as it doesn't infringe on or discriminate other races and cultures.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: enament

I've edited out my posts, that said, I think there has been INequity in the past, and the present can't wipe that out.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

What are you talking about , learning about others historical contributions or experiences is not a form of protest , if that's what you think it is then you got it all misconstrued.

No, what are YOU talking about? Why is black history elevated above the rest of American History?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Here's a random opinion. How about everybody just quit whining. It's my opinion that people who cry racism might just be suffering from an inferiority complex. With that being said, if one is confident in one's state of mind, how can the attitudes of others affect ones conscious? Nobody owes anyone anything, except maybe the indigenous "Americans". They got shafted. Slavery, however you may feel about it, has been practiced for centuries. In fact, it's still going on in modern Africa today.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
How does this go? Oh yeah...I remember. If you don't like racism, don't treat other races differently...like giving them a month to continue whining about events from hundreds of years ago that they didn't experience. Everyone is equal now, everything is fair so stop crying and bitching about what happened in the past. And if you can't get over it...leave. I'm sure there are people that would give you a one-way ticket back to where your ancestors came from. Hell...I'm sure there are many people who wish nothing but having never brought Africans, etc. to America. Just think of all the problems that would never have happened including slavery and so, so, so much more.

Let it go...give it up and become PART of the country where you live. If you can't, you don't belong here. I for one am sick of the victim card...which replaced the race card...which...oh...screw it! Grow up!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

No, what are YOU talking about? Why is black history elevated above the rest of American History?

Elevated above the rest of American History?? are you serious?? So called Black History is or should be part of American history but for the examples I gave before it was simply NOT THERE!! pls go back to the reason why Carter G Woodson created it back in 1920ts you and others whine about 28 days except in a leap year, and I can guarantee you those that whines the most knows the least.
edit on 24-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

That's horrendously wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I don't know if African Americans should feel proud about the lip service or embarrassed for the fact that it's all based on pity.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join