It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins Nov 2015

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Great response to a question I didn't ask

I know you were being rhetorical. I just felt it necessary to respond to such an unfounded, unverified comment.

Why is Dawkins such a coward when it comes to debating
Terms, what?

Please show where he has done so.

It's a debate, don't need terms when debating science less you are hiding something or trying to lie

Yes, of course you need terms. Who's going to be the person asking the questions? What are the questions going to be of? What amount of time does each speaker get? Will there be questions during the debate or after or at all? Who will judge the debate and the responses? so on and so forth.

Debates don't just happen with no structure at all.

I have no respect for Dawkins at all, he turned tail and runs away from debating because he constantly looked a fool

Still waiting on your response to my comment. I've already answered this preconceived, unfounded response you continue to play on your broken record.

A great deal of individuals who triumph evolution have been crushed by Hovind, Dawkins was smart, knew better than to make a fool of himself

Once again, if hovind has such outstanding, groundbreaking arguments, why not post them for ATS to review? You could be helping so many of us misguided fools if only we could see this information you hold in such high regard.

Agree to terms? Seriously sounds lik cowardic to me

Yes, nothing gets past your keen sense of reality.

And Dawkins won't debate because those claims have not been debunked, otherwise Dawkins would debate
Dawkins won't debate anyone anymore because he constantly looked stupid.

This makes no sense at all. But, again, I ask, if Hovinds arguments are such a massive impact, why not post them here?

Your hero

My mighty priest, richard dawkins, prophet of Atheism is sunk to such an incredible low, all thanks to the anti-atheist devil, Convicted Criminal (for fraud) Kent Hovind.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
You know Ghost
Dawkins never debated Hovind, many others did but Dawkins didn't

That makes me think Dawkins lacked the courage, say what you want to say but Dawkins never undertook a debate, just offered silly excuses

Hovind has free YouTube videos and debates go watch them

I just wanted to point that out to the Dawkins fans

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

why would he need to debate said person?

Personal glory perhaps?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Why?
Because it would be interesting
The most despised christian, convicted fellon and still has the best debating skills in relation to evolution and creation
Dawkins, respected atheist who is always telling others what to think and how clever he is

I would pay money to see it, pay per view stuff

But we know Dawkins doesn't debate anymore
I wonder why

I don't respect Dawkins because he talks loud when he is not challenged
Is happy to talk rationally with a bible scholar who sounds like a gnostic, a bible scholar who agrees with Dawkins himself
Nice fluff piece Ak

edit on 24-1-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hovind is a flat out liar and charlatan and his arguments have no merit. Why would anyone with any integrity take the time to wade through his gish Gallop swill of nonsense and garbage?

However he's a good barometer when it comes to his defenders, only the most ignorant and desperate Creationists bring his name up.

edit on 24-1-2016 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

You know Ghost
Dawkins never debated Hovind, many others did but Dawkins didn't

That makes me think Dawkins lacked the courage, say what you want to say but Dawkins never undertook a debate, just offered silly excuses

Ah, so you have no proof of anything? No words that Dawkins himself said that directly expressed fear of Hovinds arguments? No agreement from Dawkins, and then a subsequent withdrawal for questionable reasons? You just have your own personal opinion and unfounded conjecture? That's what you're offering? An opinion clearly based on a substantial amount of bias?

Well... I guess that settles it then... You must be right.

What we do have is Dawkins directly rejecting other debates for reasons that would easily mimic that of a rejection to a debate with Hovind.

Hovind has free YouTube videos and debates go watch them

I have watched his videos in full. They are some of the most ridiculous and laughable claims I have ever heard anyone make. It is astonishing that anyone could even for a moment fall for such outright lies and false claims.

This is the third or fourth time I'm asking you this now. If you believe Hovind has some incredible argument that stumps the Theory of Evolution so profoundly, Why don't you make a topic on the matter?

You're record is broken. You've provided no evidence for anything and are just stating the same thing over and over again as if the more you say it the more it validates it. Where's the proof? Where's the argument?

How about you stop going around the challenge at hand, stepping up for your beliefs and showing us definitively what argument Hovind has that is the most sacred of all Creationist arguments?

Go, make a topic about it. Don't even bother responding to this one, you're not bringing any context to your position anyway. Go make the topic.

I just wanted to point that out to the Dawkins fans

Hmmm, I find the slander of another individual for no apparent reason and based off of no evidence whatsoever to be quite a cowardly approach to an argument.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Why?
Because it would be interesting

No. It wouldn't be even remotely interesting. All of Hovind's points have been beaten to a pulp time and time again, it is absolutely boring to even acknowledge Hovind exists at all because his concepts are so drawn out.

The most despised christian, convicted fellon and still has the best debating skills in relation to evolution and creation
Dawkins, respected atheist who is always telling others what to think and how clever he is

Why not put your money where your mouth is and post his argument then?

I would pay money to see it, pay per view stuff

Why? All the arguments Hovind has have been debunked time and time again. Just search the internet for any one of Hovinds arguments and you'll see how they are all false. The best thing is, that would be free!

Your critical thinking skills are lacking.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Nice fluff piece Ak

Fluff piece?? lol

Care to counter ANY of the points covered in the video?

Personally I think you don't like Dawkins because hes an Atheist... which has nothing to do with the points that were made in the video...

Facts vs Beliefs

Oh and NO said person sounds nothing like a gnostic

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Hovind is a flat out liar and charlatan and his arguments have no merit. Why would anyone with any integrity take the time to wade through his gish Gallop swill of nonsense and garbage?

However he's a good barometer when it comes to his defenders, only the most ignorant and desperate Creationists bring his name up.

Cool, so why not expose the lies and debate

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

No I dont like Dawkins because he is an arrogant self centered preacher

I could say him being an atheist adds weight to the issue though I have atheists as good friends, close friends
Oddly I prefer the company of atheists over christians, cant imagine why, can you?

That was a rhetorical question

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Why? All the arguments Hovind has have been debunked time and time again. Just search the internet for any one of Hovinds arguments and you'll see how they are all false. The best thing is, that would be free!

Your critical thinking skills are lacking.

Well debate and expose the lies

Thats my whole point

My critical thinking skills against your critical thinking skills anytime after that comment

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Cool, so why not expose the lies and debate

Because the lies have been destroyed over and over again that there is no point. He isn't making any new arguments, and all of his previous ones are thoroughly debunked. What would be the purpose of engaging in a discussion over the matter of already debunked lies?

And I mean, come on, the guy went to jail.... for lying....

Once again though, you're free to offer up what you believe to be Hovind's reasonable arguments and we can discuss the matter in another topic.

I have been waiting for days now, but you haven't even acknowledged that suggestion.

Well debate and expose the lies

Thats my whole pointp

I just explained 'why not' in the very comment you just quoted...

My critical thinking skills against your critical thinking skills anytime after that comment

Excellent! let me know when you start that thread then

Oddly I prefer the company of atheists over christians, cant imagine why, can you?

Masochism?
edit on 25/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

No I dont like Dawkins because he is an arrogant self centered preacher

I could say him being an atheist adds weight to the issue though I have atheists as good friends, close friends

That was a rhetorical question

Alright lets try a different approach since you have no interest in debunking the claims within it...

Watch the first 2 mins of it... and comment on what you just saw...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join