It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Canadian Liberation Front

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Slink - I get your intention, about the portion of ignorant English Canadians... and btw, there are a good number of equally ignorant Québécois who still gripe about the "maudits Anglais". The problem with this country is that because a lot of people don't travel, they still have preconceived ideas about the other parts of the country.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hey Otts-nice to see you back. That is exactly as we were discussing earlier in the thread. Those who talk about hating this group or that need to travel across this great land of ours a lot more...or maybe even for the first time.

Vive le Canada and our richness of culture!

[edit on 21/1/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Personally, it seems ludicrous for you to want to secede.

According to the 2001 Statscan, if everyone west of Ontario (Including NWT, Ykn, and Nvt) left Canada and formed their own nation, it would only have 10 million people in it. 10,064,800 to be exact.

Do you honestly think you'll manage as any sort of a powerhouse?

You'll likely collapse within a decade and come begging back to the rest of Canada - or worse, the US. Then you'll get to lose your former cultural identity and be a bit'o'the bulk!

Sounds like fun to me.

But then, I'm just some kid from Ontario, I'm evil and horrid and stupid, because I never managed to live in a town of 400 people who survived off of their farms.

Oh wait, I did. Tiny Embro, Ontario. Zorra Township, Oxford County. I lived there several years.

Main passtime? Walk.

Main income for the area? Farm.

In fact, pretty much everyone who isn't in a town larger than 700 here is a farmer or farmer-supporter in a small community. We're more alike than you'd think. Just because we've got Toronto and the like with almost 4 million people in it doesn't mean we're suddenly demons who, because of our cultural differences, must force you to leave.

Remember all that diversity talk the governments went on about a few years back? Maybe they weren't just talking about the 500 Sikh's in Saskatchewan.

Maybe they were talking about all of us.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by slink
Alright, I posted on a hockey board I visit about this. I did a poll last year on the same forum and the Leafs were voted the most hated team in the NHL by a landslide. I'll post the results.

So I asked and the general consensus is that people out west and in Quebec would cheer for the 29 other teams before the Leafs.

hfboards.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

So I asked and the general consensus is that people out west and in Quebec would cheer for the 29 other teams before the Leafs.

It's sad slink, but you may be right. There is a huge prejudice against Toronto out West (at least where I live). I think it's because when we get to work, our voicemails are full of questions from impatient people who think it's lunchtime, and you're lazy for not getting in at 5 AM to be there when they call. The joys of working for a branch office with a HO out East.

Toronto seems to run at a faster pace than the rest of the country, and have most of the money. The business style is quite different, I think a result of so much cross-border business, and concentration of HO's. I have often heard it said that Torontonians are the closest thing to Americans in Canada. But I've heard from Torontonians that us BCer's are cliquely and way too laid back and need to take life a little more seriously.

And for hockey, once the Canucks are out, for me it's over. After that I just want a Canadian team to win, doesn't matter which one.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Alright, I posted on a hockey board I visit about this. I did a poll last year on the same forum and the Leafs were voted the most hated team in the NHL by a landslide. I'll post the results.

hfboards.com...

Pssst...that's because they haven't won a cup in almost forty years. They suck. Even Montreal has won more recently...so I cheer for them. We shall come again...

DE

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that I've actually become more fond of the Leafs in the past few years. I think it's because I miss Pat Quinn, and they have improved just through association, in my mind. The Leafs are lucky to have him.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
LMAO
Welcome to the redneck zone, matey!lol Feels like a lynchin coming when you do not meet the standards those liberals bastards. I would like to extend my hand to welcome you to the hillbillie zone..........lol
Many of us here have been call this as the liberals can justify their case and think others can not. I hope up there things work out, Battle, nice to hear that Canada was not all totally against us. We just do not hear it from up there due to your views were not considered. It does happen as people think they are speaking for all. Liberals do this all the time. I will remeber your call sign and see ya around, redneck from a redneck............lol

Anient Sailor

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientsailor
I hope up there things work out, Battle, nice to hear that Canada was not all totally against us.

Ahoy there matey! Just so you know, we ain't against you! We'ez jus against bad ideas...ideas who's consequences are not fully considered. Believe you me, if the inspectors had been allowed to just do their job, and if they found WMD, Canada would have been there. Have no doubt of that.
Butcha know we Liberal b**stards don't take everything we hear at face value...especially when it comes from Dubya!!!

We still luv's ya tho...hope y'all feel the same way...

up:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hummm. I guess they do not let it be known how everyone feels about us from up there. I figured, by the way some talk, that most wanted to boil us in oil. I guess the silent majority gets left out all the time. Nice to me ya Battle. Thank you for being a neighbour of ours, God bless.

GI WOLVES...........................................................

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Eastern Canada does not speak for the west and never has. We are ashamed of the eastern controlled media speaking for the west and preaching their liberal rhetoric. People in the west are proud of our relationship with the US and are embarased of our inaction agianst religious zealots.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by parker]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by parker
People in the west are proud of our relationship with the US and are embarased of our inaction agianst religious zealots.

Ah! You forgot something. The word 'other' between the words 'against' and 'religious'. It should read " and are embarassed at our inaction against other religious zealots."

As I recall, the West has quite a loud, abrasive media voice, in things like the National Post. Or did you not see their hero-worship of the Conservative States two weeks ago?

DE

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Conservatives feel that the minute liberals manage to get their point across in some venue - and these days it doesn't always happen - it means the media is liberal and smothers conservative views. They'll only be happy when they've crushed all social debate on issues... because of course, there is only a black-and-white right and wrong...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Um yes!
After a few months of searching my views are changing. I still like Americans but when you throw in the International Banking Conspiracy versus the Axis of Evil (non IMF world bank members). Suddenly the Powers that be propaganda doesn't work like it used to.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The author of this thread seems to be pretty young. Here in Quebec, we don't want Canada either! There you go. No more Canada and 6-7 littles countries. Lot easier to invade isn't it?

Divide to conquer. NATO used that in the balkans, and it worked, so why not in Canada? GO NWO, GO.

It's better to die for the NWO than live for yourself!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
You'll find such pathetic small organizations everywhere. Some use violence others don't (ETA in Spain, IRA in Ireland, PKK in Turkey and the list goes on).

It's a shame those that don't use violence get such a lot of attention!

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Mdv2]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join