It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Canadian Liberation Front

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
...the many Americans who want to see Canadians questioning the policies of the Bush regime.

There are so many Americans who feel their government has been hijacked and is taking them on a ride to hell.
I am happy to call them my friends! We should stand with them!

Let's also remember the Depression and the dustbowl. The West was out of luck and penniless but Eastern Canadians sent trainloads of food and money and many westerners moved to the East for work. That is the kind of spirit that the country prospers with.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Western Canada is sick & tired of being lumped in with liberal Canada. We support the war in Iraq, we love America & Britian. We hate France, Quebec, & Eastern Ontario. We will eventually seperate from the rest of Canada.
B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, The North West territories, & the Yukon all cannot stand the Ontario & quebec, let alone the welfare provs in Eastern Maritime Canada.
We don't support the gun registry!
We don't like how Toronto & Quebec seem to represent Canada's view on things. The Western Canadian Liberation Front is growing. Canada will soon split, even Newfoundland & Labrador stopped flying Canadian flags. Ottawa has got to go.
We want an elected Senate.
King Ralf for president of Western Canada

When ever westerners disagree with Central canada we get called rednecks & hillbillies, & racists, we are tired of it. We want to have a powerfull military.
Anyone agree?

#1, B.C. won't go along with it. B.C. hates Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba as much as they hate Ontario and Quebec.

#2, A powerful military? How is that possible when 2/3 of the population live along the 401?

#3, Alberta is the only province with any money. Saskatchewan can sell wheat and Manitoba... All I know is that they have the Mint there.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
This post was to let the Americans and the rest of the world know that the West doesn't feel the same way about the Iraq war as Central & Eastern Canada. We are not Anti-American. We are U.S.A 's ally. We are embarrassed of all the anti - american rhetoric coming out of The East.

I'm from Toronto and I am not anti American. You don't actually think that all these business men up in these towers in Toronto are anti American? They love America. America = $$$$

All the Anti-American crap is coming from the universities out east. When I was in Vancouver over the summer I saw more Anti-American stuff than in Toronto.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
we are a country that tries so help everyone.we do have poor leaders.but canada is not defined by image or a certain left or right.we have politics but we dont let those people control us totally.thats what being a canadian is all about.we are peaceful and would like to stay that way.we sprouted out of british ideas and formed our own way of doing things.we took the indians and french and took them to be peaceful and let them be themshelves.we wanted a better way of living over having an image or a flag or dance.that why we hold our politics in the back ground because canada holds our people first.to me canada will never live in fear.if we have a bad leader we give them the boot.remember john lennon came here and he like our ideas.even he was hard to agree on politics.if these provinces are going to seperate where would you go the ocean.we are getting alittle thin on new ideas for people to behave peaceful now adays.flukemol.....

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
the liberals are no good we need a change they never gave of nothing just the gun registry that cost billions of dollars a year and let quebec split i hate french people. and i voted for the conservatives

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
konartis96
You "hate" french" people? How many do you know personally? Has any of them ever done anything to hurt you? Have you ever lived among them?
Maybe you didn't like a particular politician who was French but is that the same as French people?
I can count on one hand the number of politicians I actually like but does hating the groups the others come actually make sense?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think a lot of Canadians hate French people because it's the Quebecors who are known for wanting to separate from Canada. It's funny when that comes up in a thread like this.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by Souljah
all i want is peace
and that is a crime these days, i see.

But you applaud when people are murdered in Iraq, and you cheer when more powerful IEDs are built and used. That is not the mark of a peace-loving man, Souljah.

since you dont know the meaning of the word "freedom fighter", i dont know why you are using it.

I do know the meaning of freedom fighters. And it does not include those that wear black masks and hide behind womens skirts as they scurry like a dog into their mosques for protection. It does not include those that saw heads off to be videotaped, or detonate IEDs that kill innocent people.
Your love of peace is very hypocritical, Souljah.

If you want my idea of a freedom fighter, here it is:

too bad your twisted propaganda machine has turned you in a paranoid nation.
thats all.

No, we are not paranoid. We are just more wary than we once were, because we were attacked by terrorists in the name of their god.

ok,
i jumped the conclusions about nuking NK,
your canadian friend said that he supports war in iraq, therefore i am suggesting he would like to turn north korea into "glass" also.

Good that you admitted your error. It should remind us all what a mistake it is to assume the thoughts or intentions of anyone else.

You are sick. How DARE you say we applaud when people are killed. You are no better than the people who commit those acts.

Not only that, but the picture of your so called "freedom fighter" was never in that boat. He never crossed. That painting was PROPAGANDA. Just like every other freakin piece of crap you belive.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by LogansRun]

[edit on 21-1-2005 by LogansRun]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by slink
I think a lot of Canadians hate French people

I sure hope not, otherwise I'd better think about moving somewhere else

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
For those people on this thread who keep stating they hate the french, when did you meet them all? Did they have a big party where all the french people on the entire planet were invited? If so, I missed it and am feeling rather put out that I didn't get an invitation.

I mean, come on, if you were going to hate a group of people for absolutely no reason, at least be creative. For example, the danish. At least they are trying to take over hans island. How can you hate people you've never met? I don't understand

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I think a lot of Canadians hate French people because it's the Quebecors who are known for wanting to separate from Canada. It's funny when that comes up in a thread like this.

Now YOU are seperating US. These French ARE Canadians.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Now YOU are seperating US. These French ARE Canadians.

No, I'm just explaining why a lot of ignorant English speaking Canadians hate French speaking Canadians.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Slink, how old are you? This is not an insult, a genuine querry.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Slink, how old are you? This is not an insult, a genuine querry.

I'm 20, but I just realized how I was separating -US- and believe me, I'm extremely embarrassed. I should read over my posts before I click Post Reply. They need a blushing icon.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Thanks Slink. Relations between English and French are WAY better than they were 15-20 years ago. It is being drudged up and it will be shot down again. Canadians are Canadians, French or otherwise, don't listen to the crap from the past. If the people of Quebec wanted to seperate don't you think that it would have happened already? In the golden age of French, and this is big, POLITICIANS, don't you think that it would have succeeded? The French people don't want to be out of the country. Please be more accepting of other info on this.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Thanks Slink. Relations between English and French are WAY better than they were 15-20 years ago. It is being drudged up and it will be shot down again. Canadians are Canadians, French or otherwise, don't listen to the crap from the past. If the people of Quebec wanted to seperate don't you think that it would have happened already? In the golden age of French, and this is big, POLITICIANS, don't you think that it would have succeeded? The French people don't want to be out of the country. Please be more accepting of other info on this.

I still know a lot of English speaking Canadians who are Anti-Quebec because they wanted to separate. Isn't the Premier of Quebec Jean Charest apart of the Liberal party? I know that relations aren't the same as they were 15 years ago but there are still A LOT of people outside of Quebec who don't know.

Anyways, back on topic, I think the real reason that the West hates Toronto is because the Leafs try to buy their way to the Stanley Cup. They don't have to worry, it doesn't work.

Also forgot to mention that I've heard more about Western Canada separating (not just on ATS) than Quebec separating over the last 2 years.

[edit on 21/1/2005 by slink]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Anyways, back on topic, I think the real reason that the West hates Toronto is because the Leafs try to buy their way to the Stanley Cup. They don't have to worry, it doesn't work.

Also forgot to mention that I've heard more about Western Canada separating (not just on ATS) than Quebec separating over the last 2 years.

Canada got behind this:

Don't stress it, Canada will still be here years from now. East/West #, doesn't matter. It boils down to a beer commercial, "I AM CANADIAN".. We all accept that. We need to tell our politicians to listen to what WE have to say.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Canada got behind this:

True, but if it were the Leafs people out in Vancouver/Calgary/Montreal/etc. wouldn't be to pleased.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

True, but if it were the Leafs people out in Vancouver/Calgary/Montreal/etc. wouldn't be to pleased.

I seriously doubt that. We are Canadian, living next door to big brother. Haven't brought our Cup home since 1993. I think the whole country would get behind the Leafs as well, in the finals.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I seriously doubt that. We are Canadian, living next door to big brother. Haven't brought our Cup home since 1993. I think the whole country would get behind the Leafs as well, in the finals.

Alright, I posted on a hockey board I visit about this. I did a poll last year on the same forum and the Leafs were voted the most hated team in the NHL by a landslide. I'll post the results.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join