It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking Warns Humanity Leave Earth Before the Ruling Class Destroys It

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

ya, and since they are the ones who want the natural resources of that asteroid, I say they should be the ones going out and getting it. and while they are gone, well, we need to come up with a way to bring up a force field around our planet so they can't come back!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Maybe the ruling "elite" should leave Earth!

Let us mere common peasants figure it out.....I'm betting we could do a better job than they have done so far!

Seriously folks...look around.

They are screwing us and getting richer as they climax.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Doom! doom!
I think will end up in the dark ages againe.
95% or mor of humans die over 5 years.
we will lose all we have done and have to start again.

would not need a big disaster.
look at the world now.
no food in the shops! all hell!

no one has made librarys to teach us what we have lose.
and if they did the new Kings and
priests would keep it for them selfs.
has this All hapend before?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Glad I've been building my spaceship slowly in my shed another few months and she'll be ready

Come on Steven what a silly thing to say, if I could leave this planet I would of gone a long time ago and if anything it's probably the ruling class who will leave the planet and leave us chumps here

You build your ship, I am building a Star Gate. All I need to finish is 2.2 kilos of naquadria to coat the outer skin, it stabilises the worm hole don't you know.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: dawnstar

Maybe we should stop being such pansies and overthrow these idiots and Get something good going.

I second that, we are many they are few but they are hiding so meh xd

but I agree

corner them somehow and scare the crap out of them

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There are 62 or 63 people who own half of the currency in the world, what more is there to say really?

Most people just see that stat and say ok, well, that can't be true right?

It really is true. There really is a ruling elite, and they really need to start looking after the human race.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

It's really easy to see that they don't care and will not do so ever.

If u read up on Nikola Tesla's life you will find the same apathy against him that we feel today

he was forgotten in a hotel room and he could change the world much more than he did

profit is what they wake up in the morning for

edit on 21-1-2016 by missedinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: TinfoilTP

So you are thinking we will have a future more like Elysium then?

No, the future will be like the past as history repeats itself.

One war which escalates to space, in the form of satellite destructions, would leave the Earth littered with so much debris that space will become unusable and unpassable. The single China test which shot at a satellite in orbit with a missile, increased the current space debris by 30%. Magnify that a thousand fold.

No more space pretty soon for anyone.

There is a famous equation that shows how easy space debris can become unmanageable as it collides with itself and an unending exponential rise in debris packing the penetrating punch of 50 caliber bullets, encases the earth for longer than humanity can recover as we lose the advantages of the "Space Age". No satellites for anything. Further wars and welcome back to the Iron Age with no way back to the Space Age.

I'm having a hard time believing those statements. Any links to support those positions?

It's funny that people still listen to that man as a source of intelligence. Brilliant? Compared to whom? Who can argue with what he says. I swear he makes crap up that can't be tested for legitimacy. He could say any number of things and people would believe him because HE said it. Wasn't he the one who went back on some of his own claims regarding black holes?

Hawking didn't seem to want to address any of the issues facing our future, in dealing with them fundamentally,

“nuclear war, global warming, and genetically-modified viruses”
just chit all over the place and run like hell. Great tactics, just great.

ETA:

Ahhh, here it is:

www.nature.com...

The eminent physicist Stephen Hawking has conceded that information can escape from black holes after all. The idea has been gaining popularity with physicists for some time, but the fact that Hawking, a pioneer of black-hole theory in the 1970s, has finally accepted it is something of a watershed.

"This will come as a surprise to physicists," says Hawking's Cambridge University colleague Gary Gibbons. "His style of doing science is quite dramatic: he will propose a thesis and defend it to the last, until it is overthrown by better reasoning."

Bolding mine. Some scientific style.....hrrumph. That's not necessarily intelligence, it's just opinion unopposed.

edit on 21-1-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Which Stephen Hawking is that? The one with the long bottom teeth or the one with the short bottom teeth?

imageshack.com...

imageshack.com...

edit on 22-1-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
While I agree this is the future, nonetheless, saying we have to be very careful until then implies less so after.

Earth is a jewel and no self containing colony on any barren spot would ever compare to this jewel garden.

The elite are ruining a rare planet, and it needs to be permanently protected, not without technology.

Clean real tech, the stuff all things should run on, no fossil fuels or very limited use, needs to occur. And progression, not regression.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
"The Ruling Class". I like that. TPTB was getting worn out.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
"The Ruling Class". I like that. TPTB was getting worn out.

Hawking never used the phrase "ruling class," yet that is what most of these replies has been about.
edit on 22-1-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Funny... I don't see Hawking using the phrase "ruling class" anywhere. Another example of propagandists twisting words to fit their agenda.

Last summer, the theoretical physicist was among over 1,000 artificial intelligence experts who signed an open letter about the weaponization of robots and the ongoing “military artificial intelligence arms race” among the world’s military powers.

In October of last year, Hawking warned scientists at the European Center for Nuclear Research (CERN) about the potential for the Higgs Boson “God Particle” to initiate “catastrophic vacuum decay” — the formation of a quantum bubble that expands at the speed of light and could decimate the entire universe. Concern over the automation of the world’s workforce coupled with capitalist greed also earned the scientist’s stern alarm.

In fact, taken collectively, Hawking’s numerous warnings are aimed directly at the careless hubris of the ruling elites and their tendency to act in favor of profit — in a variety of fields — without consideration given to long-term consequences resulting from such hastily implemented projects.

The article says it and the remarks by Hawkings certainly imply it.
Unless you believe someone other than the ruling elites controls weapons development, AI and Cern.
Or just maybe It's all a conspiracy of Trekkies who actually control human events.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The article says it and the remarks by Hawkings certainly imply it.

The person who wrote the article said it, not Hawking. Nothing that Hawking said implies that there is a ruling elite. He is not a conspiracy theorist; he is observing societal trends. If you want to believe that lizard people are secretly ruling the world, you are free to do that, but don't think that the good professor shares your fantasies.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Odd how you protest someone putting words in Hawking's mouth yet are happy to do the same to me.
Did I say anything about lizard people?
Cold - blooded perhaps but if you think someone other than those with the most money are in control I'm wide open to suggestions.
Who's in charge in your opinion then?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I'm sorry for the sarcasm, but the fact of the matter is that the thrust of most of the responses here has not been concern over the environmental and technological issues Hawking raised, but rather anger at the "elite" that Hawking didn't mention. Global society is steered by numerous forces, not all of which are under the conscious control of any group of people.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

No more space pretty soon for anyone.

That is perhaps the most depressing thought I have seen expressed in this thread.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join