It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of Bin Laden's Corpse Kept By Navy Seal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: thektotheg
a reply to: seagull

Multiple news sources...

High level politicians...

Believe the lie.

Yours or theirs ? At this time theirs is more credible than your simple statement without anything to back it up. At least they have a story...you have nothing, I remember the stories but they were just that stories, without substance nor any proof...he would have surfaced to be worshiped had he died then.

As for the photo, the whole operation was classified until they broke but I am sure there are still segments of time we know nothing about in relation to the operation. A photo of his body would be classified as it would create a martyr symbol for every terrorist to carry around and just incite more problems all over again.
edit on 1/19/2016 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

From a RECODO guy 101?
YOU BET they were.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Col Kurtz was correct.
In that war things got ugly and it made them angry.
S##t happens.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Why would an image of a deceased OBL = a potential jail term for a serviceman who was there?

Due to a classification deal?

Yup, the details of any SOF op are classified, typically forever, at TS or S, depending on what you were doing. You are NOT supposed to take pictures or have a descriptive journal. After you muster out, you have an intel officer call you every quarter and remind you of your NDAs for a number of years. At least on the Army side, I'd suppose the Navy guys get the same deal.

In this case, it's not only a photo of the mission target, it could cause untold diplomatic issues right now. And might have other people in it, which is worse.

Even little things like your prep material, mission briefing notes, written analyses of the people you'll be working with or against are classified. Hell, if you can't time your departure for the dead of night or scatter the movement over several days, they can and occasionally do make a "dead space" where the base guys along your departure route have to go inside, close the doors and pull down the shades so they can't see who's leaving and what they're taking with them.

Even the guys' service records are pulled from Indianapolis and sent to Tampa and are stored in the SCIF.

So, yeah, I can see it. What bothers me is the number of times operators take a cell phone (!) and take photos of what they're up to.

Remember, not too many years ago DOD bought every copy of the first run of a book an operator wrote and burned them, because he put some minor hooha in there about common mission dynamics, like who you assigned for typical jobs when you're on a mission, who leads, who trails, who never does, when you split into half teams etc. Crap anyone with some tactical thought would assume to be true anyway.

Some things really set them off. Photos would be one of them.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
A number of sources claimed Bin Laden died in Dec. 2001. I have an old thread on it here, but a lot of the original links to MSM articles are now defunct. I did manage to pull some quotes from the wayback machine and my own research notes though... www.abovetopsecret.com...

(CNN) -- Speculation about the whereabouts and health of Osama bin Laden picked up over the weekend when Pakistan's president, Gen. Pervez Musharraf, said he thought bin Laden had likely died of kidney failure.

CNN medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta spoke Monday with CNN's Paula Zahn about bin Laden's appearance in recently released videotapes and the possibility that the accused terrorist leader was undergoing kidney treatment.

www.whatreallyhappened.com...
Osama bin Laden is dead. The news first came from sources in Afghanistan and Pakistan almost six months ago: the fugitive died in December [2001] and was buried in the mountains of southeast Afghanistan. Pakistan's president, Pervez Musharraf, echoed the information. The remnants of Osama's gang, however, have mostly stayed silent, either to keep Osama's ghost alive or because they have no means of communication.

SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM
Wednesday, October 16, 2002
TEL AVIV Osama Bin Laden appears to be dead but his colleagues have
decided that Al Qaida and its insurgency campaign against the United
States will continue, Israeli intelligence sources said.

Al Qaida terrorists have launched a new campaign of economic warfare and
are targeting shipping in the Middle East, according to U.S. intelligence
officials.

The Israeli sources said Israel and the United States assess that Bin
Laden probably died in the U.S. military campaign in Afghanistan in
December. They said the emergence of new messages by Bin Laden are
probably fabrications, Middle East Newsline reported.

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) --Pakistan's president says he thinks
Osama bin Laden is most likely dead because the
suspected terrorist has been unable to get treatment for
his kidney disease.

"I think now, frankly, he is dead for the reason he is a ...
kidney patient," Gen. Pervez Musharraf said on Friday in an
interview with CNN.

al-Wafd, Wednesday, December 26, 2001 Vol 15 No 4633
News of Bin Laden's Death and Funeral 10 days ago
Islamabad -
A prominent official in the Afghan Taleban movement announced yesterday the death of Osama bin Laden, the chief of al-Qa'da organization, stating that binLaden suffered serious complications in the lungs and died a natural and quiet death. The official, who asked to remain anonymous, stated to The Observer of Pakistan that he had himself attended the funeral of bin Laden and saw his face prior to burial in Tora Bora 10 days ago. He mentioned that 30 of al-Qa'da fighters attended the burial as well as members of his family and some friends from the Taleban. In the farewell ceremony to his final rest guns were fired in the air. The official stated that it is difficult to pinpoint the burial location of bin Laden because according to the Wahhabi tradition no mark is left by the grave. He stressed that it is unlikely that the American forces would ever uncover any traces of bin Laden.

James S. Robbins: On October 24 a Chinese internet news site, Zhongxin Wang, ran a piece describing in detail the purported assassination of Osama bin Laden and Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar by members of their retinue at an underground base near Kandahar on October 16. They were both shot twice in the back. One of bin Laden's sons and two of Omar's were also killed. The story was picked up today by the Tokyo-based Yomiuru Shimbun, the largest daily newspaper in Japan. Of course rumors and war go hand in hand, and without proof one way or another what is one to think?

FBI Official Thinks Bin Laden Is Dead
WASHINGTON, July 17, 2002
(CBS) FBI counterterrorism chief Dale Watson said Wednesday he believes Osama bin Laden is dead — the first time a senior U.S. law enforcement official has publicly given an opinion on the al Qaeda leader's status.

Watson, speaking at a conference of law enforcement officials at a downtown hotel, quickly emphasized that he had no evidence that bin Laden was dead, but his comments suggest that the FBI has no intelligence that proves bin Laden is alive.

by David Kiefer
San Francisco ExaminerÂ
11 June 2002
Stanley Hilton now figures his case is stronger because of a coalition of attorneys, victims' families and bipartisan legislators who gathered in Washington on Monday to condemn the government's lack of action in preventing the Sept. 11 attacks.

Hilton is the San Francisco attorney who filed a $7 billion lawsuit in U.S. District Court on June 3 against President Bush and other government officials for "allowing" the terrorist attacks to occur.

Among Hilton's allegations: Bush conspired to create the Sept. 11 attacks for his own political gain and has been using Osama bin Laden as a scapegoat.

Hilton said he has information that bin Laden died several years ago of kidney failure.

That whole convenient 'Dumped his body at sea in accordance with Muslim tradition' is a load of crap as the man didn't die at sea. Bin Laden was a known CIA asset who's pseudonym was Tim Osman and was meeting with CIA handlers at least up until two weeks prior to 9-11.
Hell for that matter he might be sitting in the Whitehouse.

I'd buy that before I would believe they dumped the most wanted man in human history in the ocean before anybody could independently confirm his identity.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Well, many have said there was no proof of Bin Laden's death at the hands of Navy Seals. Apparently there is an unauthorized photo taken by a Navy Seal.

Matthew Bissonnette turned over a hard drive that contained the photo to U.S. investigators in exchange for an agreement that he wouldn't be prosecuted for unlawfully possessing classified material, according to the The Intercept.

source

That don't sound right to me I'm afraid.

I've never heard of any low level nobody ever getting such a good deal when they are sprung with having classified material. In every case I read of where someone has classified material, they get put away for ever, no deals at all. Think Chelsa McKinnon here, and yes it holds despite their different circumstances.

Sounds like a put up job just so they could drag out something they can use to try n refute claims that Bin laden wasn,t wasted one night in Pakistan.

A member of my family said they run into a couple of American sailors in port city of Fremantle one night in a pup. These sailors claimed they were on the ship that supposedly had bin ladens body on it but they said no-one aboard ship ever claimed to have seen it.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: reldra

There is absolutely no evidence that Bin Laden was killed in 2011.

I do not believe anything the government has to say anymore, some of these people in our government have been proven to be pathological liars.

As far as evidence, that's the rub, we have no evidence to the contrary, despite all the old anecdotes from ex FBI and the SS, while Benazir Bhutto's account was pretty specific.
What's harder to believe is that Osama was ensconced in a fecking fortress for years opposite a military barracks while nobody knew nuttin'.
It doesn't add up, at all.

edit on 20-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Only problem is he was killed in 2001.

That was a hologram.

I heard it from a friend who has a friend who has a cousin that has one arm who knows someone in the know related to somebody that overheard it while getting a back massage in fiji.

Actually, his death and funeral were reported on December 26, 2001 in the Egyptian newspaper al-Ward:
www.globalresearch.ca...
Everything else since that date has been propaganda manufactured by the CIA about a dead bogy man kept alive in the mind of the general public to keep going "the war on terror" and to help re-elect an American President.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
This is completely bogus, worthy of the HOAX forum.

There is no picture at the link, only more lies...

Even if there was a picture, before his traditional Muslim burial (being dumped in the ocean (LoL), it is bogus.

This guy was a CIA asset that died in the early 00's.

Who knows how many body doubles he had?

The soldier that supposedly killed him is on Fox once a month, it's laughable if it didn't make me sick to my stomach.

Obama & Hitlery got the boogieman!

Someone's upset that it was Obama that gave the go ahead.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: twitchy
A number of sources claimed Bin Laden died in Dec. 2001. I have an old thread on it here, but a lot of the original links to MSM articles are now defunct. I did manage to pull some quotes from the wayback machine and my own research notes though... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hell for that matter he might be sitting in the Whitehouse.

I'd buy that before I would believe they dumped the most wanted man in human history in the ocean before anybody could independently confirm his identity.

It was widely speculated that Bin Laden may have died due to kidney disease. Speculation is not fact, though. And THAT video? Really?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Why would an image of a deceased OBL = a potential jail term for a serviceman who was there?

Due to a classification deal?

Why would a photo of the #1 target in the War on Terrorism, deceased be a security issue?

this doesn't pass the smell test... not the first time the US GOVT has done similar...

They weren't supposed to be taking photos for personal use on a classified mission. That could= prison time.

Why is it a security issue? I have previously noted that in this thread. Twice now.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Take this with a very large grain of salt, but one of my old lacrosse / swim team buddies recently got out of the teams, and the rumor mill around his pals is that the guys from red squadron basically all mag-dumped into OBL's corpse. Meaning - a photo could be completely un-identifiable.

Who knows if this is BS or not, and I'm not sure who all he knows (he was a regular west coast team guy, not DEVGRU).

No matter how you slice it, there is some weirdness about this whole op (whether it was all for political gain, or cover up for a former CIA asset), one thing stands out to me.

The fact that terms like "Seal Team Six" and DEVGRU are popularized in the media to me shows that there are some guys who get fed up making less than many entry level college folks and are willing to cash in on it. (Disclaimer: I am not bad mouthing the spec ops community, even they will tell you there are a couple dirtbags within their elite ranks). These guys have in some cases gone on 8,9,10 combat deployments, so a lucrative book deal would be attractive.

With that being said from what I've heard people that do cash in are generally black listed from their respective communities.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You are absolutely right, speculation is not fact. Dumping a body in the ocean under the false premise of it being in accordance to Islamic tradition isn't 'confirmation' either. Bin Laden didn't die at sea.
As to the video I posted, like I said, "I'd buy that before I would believe they dumped the most wanted man in human history in the ocean before anybody could independently confirm his identity." I'm not advocating it.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I bet there is a pic on HIllarys server....

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

I bet there is a pic on HIllarys server....

NO WONDER the investigation is so intense !!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

Take this with a very large grain of salt, but one of my old lacrosse / swim team buddies recently got out of the teams, and the rumor mill around his pals is that the guys from red squadron basically all mag-dumped into OBL's corpse. Meaning - a photo could be completely un-identifiable.

Or worse, it's just barely identifiable, and it's really over the top. THAT wouldn't set well with our Muslim buddies. Truthfully, a bit of peri-mortem mangling was what I expected the thing to be about.

Or it's demonstrably NOT OBL. Whoops.

These guys have in some cases gone on 8,9,10 combat deployments, so a lucrative book deal would be attractive.

With that being said from what I've heard people that do cash in are generally black listed from their respective communities.

Bissonette is already on everyone's # list, including probably at least two ongoing or recent ONI investigations regarding stuff he published without getting vetted. And I'm told his name is 'on the rock' so his buddies have blackballed him.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Clarke and Dawe's sceptical take on the fishy circumstance of 'Bin Laden's assassination'.

edit on 20-1-2016 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Pardon?

Was he? , according to Snowden he's alive and on the C.I.A payroll, if Snowden was just pushing out B.S. then why do they want him back in the States so badly.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Pardon?

Was he? , according to Snowden he's alive and on the C.I.A payroll, if Snowden was just pushing out B.S. then why do they want him back in the States so badly.

That story is not proven, and appeared on various satire sites, and consequently taken up by other sources.

However, other related OBL stuff has also been attributed to Snowden, this story last year,
tribune.com.pk...

I find it difficult to even make sense of this story as a supposed Snowden revelation, which, if true, is plainly given as a supposed Washington response to a story given out, supposedly by Snowden, as if Washington didn't know already.

Smoke and mirrors, or just nonsense? well the Tribune story comes from The Intercept, and holds true except that in The Intercept it infers the Snowden part of it is information that Snowden would have had, (without actually saying he gave it out) rather than Snowden disseminating information outright. I say that because The Intercept is an organ of The Guardian's information at least through Glen Greenwald, regardless of the Status Quo.

theintercept.com...

So real info or not?

edit on 20-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

If Snowden was just putting out the usual internet B.S then Not only Snowden but every conspiracy theorist on the net would be required to go to the States and face trial. Most I.T.Eserers included. The reason they want him so badly means he has information that can do the Security services damage, if it became public knowledge. My guess is they don't know how much he really has, and how much damage he could actually do to their shenanigans.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join