It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonic Bodhisattva

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Many Esotericists and Theosophists are of the opinion that there once existed a "Parent School", the chief and oldest of the Mystery Schools. The Initiates of this original School spread throughout the world, founding and establishing the varying esoteric and mystical traditions known and unknown to us today. It is this interrelated lineage that accounts for the many similarities found between the differing esoteric and mystical traditions.

("School of Athens" by Raphael)

Freemasonry is a system based upon the Ancient Mysteries. If practiced in sincerity, with an inner and/or mystical focus, it will cultivate the Bodhisattva nature that is expressed in Buddhist teachings.

The work of a Freemason begins with the improvement of the Self. One works on the Self through uncensored introspection,... by overcoming and transcending our unbeneficial, primitive, and baser impulses, attachments, desires, thoughts, emotions, words, and actions,... and by understanding and striving toward positive, beneficial, and constructive ideals. Self-work is the cultivation of upright character based upon knowledge, wisdom, and understanding.

When the Self-building of a Freemason is accomplished, S/He stands as a Pillar, a Beacon, and a Shelter for all of His/Her fellow human Brothers and Sisters. A Pillar, as a strong and established foundation of support. A Beacon, as exemplifying and imparting Light, Love, knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. A Shelter, as an aid, help, and comfort.

This is the "Great Work" of working to the glory of the Great Architect of the Universe and to the perfection of humanity. In the spirit of Love, Compassion, and Empathy, the work of perfecting humanity stems from altruism, which originates from a deep Knowledge of Self, all of which is rooted in the gnosis of Divine Communion (Community + Union + Unity); the experiential realization of Existential Oneness.

"May I attain Buddhahood for the benefit of all sentient beings."

(Bodhisattva of Compassion; Guanyin)

"Buddhahood" is the attainment of awakening, enlightenment, illumination, and ascension, dwelling in pure Moksha, AM-ness, BE-ness, which blossoms from the cessation of suffering, desire, attachment, aversion, ignorance, and delusion.

Much like Freemasonry, Buddha Awakening comes about through Self-work, insight, and realization. Buddhist precepts, such as the "Noble 8-Fold Path", condensed as; Right Wisdom, Right Conduct, & Right Concentration, are used to bring about "Right Knowledge" and "Right Liberation". Right Knowledge is the unveiling of Truth and Reality 'as it is', by unadulterated and uninfluenced observation and experience. Right Liberation arises at the apex of one's proper cultivation and Self-work, bringing about an expansion and evolution of consciousness and Self-awakening.

According to Mahayana Buddhism, a Bodhisattva is one who seeks selfless enlightenment, with the intention of helping all others to liberate from the suffering of Samsara (cyclical suffering and Cause & Effect).

Popular Bodhisattva Vows

"Beings are numberless, I vow to save them.
Desires are inexhaustible, I vow to end them.
Dharma gates are boundless, I vow to enter them.
Buddha's way is unsurpassable, I vow to become it."

"May I be a protector to those without protection.
A leader for those who journey,
And a boat, a bridge, a passage;
For those desiring the further shore.
May the pain of every living creature,
Be completely cleared away.
May I be the doctor and the medicine.
And may I be the nurse;
For all sick beings in the world,
Until everyone is healed."

"Not until the hells are emptied will I become a Buddha; not until all beings are saved will I certify to Bodhi."

A Freemason who has discovered the ineffable Greater Mysteries, if, by proper esoteric raising, may blossom with the Bodhisattva nature; truly embodying the essence of Faith, Hope, and Charity.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You will come to find that all schools of religious thought are one and the same. It is man who interprets these schools to benefit himself.
edit on 19-1-2016 by JohnathanDoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnathanDoe

I agree
Each of our individual experiences, perceptions, awarenesses, and understandings are relative and subjective.
edit on 1/19/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Freemasonry being presented as noble? That's new. Inner freemasonry and outer freemasonry are two organizations. But I find it to be a self serving enterprise either way. Mydtery schools were ancient scams. Any truth tought in them is overshadowed by false promises of secret knowledge

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Freemasonry being presented as noble? That's new. Inner freemasonry and outer freemasonry are two organizations. But I find it to be a self serving enterprise either way. Mydtery schools were ancient scams. Any truth tought in them is overshadowed by false promises of secret knowledge

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Essene616

Hello my Brother and Friend.

"Freemasonry being presented as noble?"

Would you please show me some examples of Freemasonic teachings that are not noble?

"I find it to be a self serving enterprise."

Would you please give me some examples of how it is self-serving? May I ask, isn't it true that you must take care of yourself before you can caretake for others?

"Mystery schools were ancient scams."

Would you please tell me what the scams include, and who is to benefit from such scams?

"Any truth taught in them is overshadowed by false promises of secret knowledge."

Personally, I have found that a thorough examination and reflection of the subtleties and deeper meanings of the secrets has been beneficial and uplifting to me.

Which "false promises of secret knowledge" are you alluding to? What promises and what knowledge?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

It's not my area of expertise, I just don't hear much positive talk about it. You know the conspiracy crowd. From my understanding there is the people who deserve to be misled(Albert Pike) and the worthy of truth. I heard of a ritual adopted from the Templars where you are told to spit on the cross. If you refuse you are told you did the right thing, but you will not be welcomed into the inner circle unless you spit on it. How true it is I can't say, and no honorable mason would reveal his brothers secrets. Defectors aren't reliable either. Morals and Dogma is an interesting book. Pike is the only confederate General honored with a statue. Anything you can tell me about propaganda due or p2? Giuseppe Mazzini?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

That is just my opinion of ancient mystery schools. It's not an easy subject to learn. I could be wrong, and by self serving I mean people join for the connections. I'm not against that, self serving allows for fellow serving down the line, and anything that brings you peace is fine with me. Forgive me, I have committed the grave sin of defining anothers faith, and I am disgusted with myself for it.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Essene616

It's not my area of expertise, I just don't hear much positive talk about it. You know the conspiracy crowd. From my understanding there is the people who deserve to be misled(Albert Pike) and the worthy of truth. I heard of a ritual adopted from the Templars where you are told to spit on the cross. If you refuse you are told you did the right thing, but you will not be welcomed into the inner circle unless you spit on it. How true it is I can't say, and no honorable mason would reveal his brothers secrets. Defectors aren't reliable either. Morals and Dogma is an interesting book. Pike is the only confederate General honored with a statue. Anything you can tell me about propaganda due or p2? Giuseppe Mazzini?

you are basing your hatred on lies.

Nobody spits on the cross, Pike is misquoted and misunderstood more often then most writers, the Pike Manzzini letter was a hoax, and P2 was a real lodge that lost it's charter due to it's criminal activities.

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
I clearly stated I didn't know if any of that was true, was replying to a question, and displayed the opposite of hatred when I apologized. Are you bored that you need to slander me or do you not read so well. I never mentioned any letters. I requested info on p2 and that's pretty much it. snip

edit on 20/1/2016 by Sauron because: name calling

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Maybe read more, you totally misrepresented what I said. I said if it brings him peace im ok with it so how is that hatred? snip

edit on 20/1/2016 by Sauron because: snipped Name calling

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
But I wouldn't doubt it if they did have such a ritual. Maybe you did it yourself?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: network dudefreemasonry has a sinister side to it regardless of creepy rituals and those aprons are gay.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

There is no ritual in the Blue Lodge where you are asked to spit on a cross. The appendant bodies that I am in do not conduct degrees where the candidate directly participates in the ritual, they are more like plays that you watch.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

No, there is no such ritual.

Second line.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicuswhat's blue lodge, the first three degrees? That's pretty much a neophyte.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9I never claimed that there was, just called it a rumor, which it is.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Essene616

what's blue lodge, the first three degrees? That's pretty much a neophyte.

The Blue Lodge is the first three degrees. I also mentioned the appendant groups and that the degrees I participated in do not have direct candidate involvement where they could even spit on a cross if asked to.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9what do you think about Manly Hall? He appears knowledgeable but I don't know if he knows as much as he claims. Prolific writer, probably irrelevant to masonry today, but he was honored in his day.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicusok. Do what thou wilt. Tell me about the craft

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join