It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonic Bodhisattva

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Hello my Brother/Sister! Thanks for chiming in, as your criticisms are both warranted and relevant. You've raised some deep and thought-provoking points.

"the illusion of the "single source"

There is esoteric within the esoteric, and occult within the occult.

Ancestral Parent School:
From the cradle and birthplace of infantile mankind, thence spread the accumulative knowledge and culture of our original family.

Cultural Parent School:
From the Nile & Mediterranean to the Indus Valley, we have clear indications of the ancient sharing, overlap, and cross-cultural influence of religion, mythology, ritual, and science, substantiated by genetic research and the physical evidence of multi-regional trading of foreign goods and textiles. These ancient cultural interactions are well beyond the scope of the "psychological effect" of which you mentioned.

Common Brain Parent School:
In addition to this, we have many instances of independent and/or spontaneous realizations, understandings, and inventions. This is indicative of common neurological processes between non-local groups and individuals, which is in full agreement with your quote:
"the one and the same human mind which generates all the same kind of stuff..and the cultural and natural influences are much the same the world around."

Shall we now dare to venture into the enigmatic realm of the metaphysical?

Single Mind Parent School:
We all share similar neurological processes, originating from the same ancestral origins. We all receive, interpret, and experience the same stimuli from the external world. Is MIND or PERCEPTION a thing any of us owns in exclusivity without sharing in its use or origin with others? No! Since mind and perception is not our own, but shared,... shall we say that mankind is of one mind and one perception? I say yes.

Single Consciousness Parent School:
Anything in our awareness is a part of our consciousness. The whole world is brought into focus by the uncountable awarenesses of humans, animals, and plants [and may I controversially add, also brought into focus by seemingly non-sentient & seemingly non-living objects and forces]. As the awareness of reality is rooted in existence, we can say that reality and existence are also a part of our consciousness. As these states and qualities are unquestionably shared, we can conclude that we are all of one consciousness.

Singularity Parent School:
All of existence and all of reality is One, through the interconnected relationships of elemental & atomic/subatomic origination, energy-matter, particles-waves, and cause-and-effect. Nothing stands alone as an absolutely independent, sovereign, or isolated thing. Therefore, we can say that all is one through existential unity.

Shall we further dare to peer into the veiled realm of the mystical?

Divine Parent School:
In considering all points above, we have deduced that ancestry, culture, brain, mind, perceptions, awareness, consciousness, and existence comprise a unified wholeness. In transcending mundane human thoughts, emotions, sensory perceptions, and awareness of time and place, we edge nearer to the the "Voice of Silence". We may call this Higher Self, Universal Consciousness, or God, amongst other conceptualizations. In this Holy place of transcendence, within this inner Kingdom of God, we discover that even this Light is emanated from One and dwells within All.

In all of these above mentioned instances, we see illustrated many mediums to disseminate from a single source.

"veneration of a "succession of masters" who in fact are just a conflation of prior individuals and traditions which are similar"

Teachings of Masters may appear to be an occult and esoteric concept, but there are still deeper understandings than the simple veneration of any persons.

Ascended Masters serve as symbolic and figurative representations of the utmost of human potential. The highest levels of knowledge, wisdom, and conduct are embodied in the forms of Masters, so that we may have higher ideals to strive towards. Personas of Masters, much like gods and deities, are sometimes exaggerated and/or invented to illustrate the heights of Love and Wisdom. It is the qualities and teachings of Masters that should be the focus, not the Master themselves.

The succession of Masters or traditions is simply the historic progression of our collective species toward betterment.

"the "New Age" has fed at the trough of eastern mysticism and western hermeticism. It hasn't actually created anything new."

Your statement may seem like a point of derision to more easily discard notions, but it is actually the reality of mankind. All things of culture, knowledge, science, and invention were constructed on the foundations of earlier ideas. All concepts of language, writing, agriculture, art, and technology "fed at the trough" of previous formulations.

The synthesis between Eastern Mysticism and Western Esoterism was well-overdue. Such systems even laid the foundations for our modern sciences. The ancient understandings of the arcane has always, and continues to promote the sciences. In fact, traditional science is ever-increasingly looking back to mysticism and esoterism to further our modern understandings of reality and existence. "Synthesis of science and creative thought" has long-been integrated in various systems.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Sahabi

"I notice you started a thread comparing Masonry to Bodhisattva

Is that based on your insiders knowledge of Masonry, I thought much of their stuff was not for general consumption?"

This thread is indeed based upon my personal experiences with Freemasonry, Buddhism, and mysticism. The contents of this thread are not officially representative of Freemasonry, but instead, contain my personal interpretations.

As long as I don't violate the secrets of ritual or degree, I am at full liberty to articulate my personal understandings and opinions.

"A bit of a stretch saying that Masons will attain buddhahood?"

A Freemason will not instantaneously nor necessarily attain Buddhahood, just as the millions of followers of Mahayana, Theravada, or Vajrayana Buddhism will never attain Buddhahood.

Delving into the comparative study of world religion and mythology will reveal many similarities. These shared concepts are loosely known as "Ageless/Ancient Wisdom".

In this regard, the path of the Bodhisattva and Buddha is cobbled with stones which are very similar to the stones used in Freemasonry. Any religious, spiritual, philosophic, esoteric, or mystical tradition that encourages looking within, introspection, self-improvement, and striving towards ideals such as love, kindness, compassion, peace, happiness, humility, forgiveness, universal brotherhood, and truth, will ultimately blossom a distinctly positive human. An uplifted person is so, regardless of their creed.

en.wikipedia.org...
In Mahayana Buddhism, bodhisattva is the Sanskrit term for anyone who, motivated by great compassion, has generated bodhicitta, which is a spontaneous wish to attain buddhahood for the benefit of all sentient being

My particular Order works toward the glory of the Great Architect of the Universe and/or to the Perfection of Humanity. This working is of the same heart and intention as wishing to attain Buddhahood for the benefit of all sentient beings.

edit on 3/25/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/25/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join