It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Manufacturing Plant Changes Rules to Take Away Muslim Prayer Breaks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

a reply to: mobiusmale
Wisconsin Manufacturing Plant Changes Rules to Take Away Muslim Prayer Breaks

And they were getting others to do their work for them (unpaid) while they had to go bang their heads on the ground.
There needed to be some thoughtful compromise.
They obviously didn't have the intellect to find one, and this is the result.
Doesn't there legally need to be at least a 15 minute break every 2 hours?
Cannot they do their Pharisaical head banging during that time?
My sympathies are 45% for the company, due to their lack of compromise, and 45% for the Muslims who cannot compromise!
The same damn book that orders them to 'pray', also orders them to kill infidels.
The breaks from work to 'pray' seems to work for them.
Killing infidels, does not.
There is disingenuousness in this nonsense, and it is not the company!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Good for Ariens...

They'll have plenty of time to pray now that they are unemployed.

downtrend.com...

Good point. I strongly support public assistance for those in need. But not for people who walk off a job that feeds and houses their families --for a foolish reason. God doesn't want us to be foolish. This is foolish. I hope they will be honest when filling out public assistance forms, or unemployment compensation forms. I'm not sure they qualify for assistance since they walked off a job.

Muslims, if you think you are the only ones who pray, think again. Many of us pray, but do it in private, and don't find it necessary to bring such grandiose fanfare and attention to ourselves when doing so. We handle our private lives privately, and I'm really wishing you did too. I cannot help but wonder how much of this is attention seeking with a political agenda. Sorry, but it sure looks that way here in the U.S.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Muslims, if you think you are the only ones who pray, think again. Many of us pray, but do it in private, and don't find it necessary to bring such grandiose fanfare and attention to ourselves when doing so. We handle our private lives privately, and I'm really wishing you did too. I cannot help but wonder how much of this is attention seeking with a political agenda. Sorry, but it sure looks that way here in the U.S.

With all due respect, MANY Christians don't do 'privacy' when it comes to their religion. I WISH more could have their religion in private and not impose it on the population at large, but so many wear it on their sleeves, like a badge of honor or superiority. They do exactly what these Muslims are doing... Bring their religion into work and make demands about how they deserve special treatment because ... religion.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
this is great news.
lets hope they ban religion all together.
since it has nothing to do with work.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

With all due respect, MANY Christians don't do 'privacy' when it comes to their religion. I WISH more could have their religion in private and not impose it on the population at large, but so many wear it on their sleeves, like a badge of honor or superiority. They do exactly what these Muslims are doing... Bring their religion into work and make demands about how they deserve special treatment because ... religion.

Nah. I don't believe that about Christians. Not a part of my reality. I'm sure it occurs, but only with crazy people.

Now this, but not YOU. Not you personally, because I've never seen you be rude to Christians, like most of the ridiculous whining complaining precious snowflake atheists on ATS, but my thoughts are atheists should cease and desist being such ridiculous whiners about somebody wearing a cross around their neck, or saying Merry Christmas. Seriously folks, atheists and Satanists --

SUCK IT UP like grown ups, and stop whining like you will melt if your are around a Christian. Never seen so much whining and crying like big fat babies in all my life. I'm not in love with atheism myself but you don't see me going around acting like I might die, or somebody is impinging on my rights because they discuss it, or my special snowflake senses are so offended I have to start a movement against them. BLAH.

I SUCK IT UP. Atheists are not special little snowflakes (I hate that term, but it's trendy, so I'll use it) with their little ears and eyes being damaged by someone wearing a cross, or saying grace in a restaurant, or wearing a cross. Or they are so 'intelligent', religion offends their vast superiority. UTTER bull#.

Again, I'm just venting, and not towards you. You and Spi never say an unkind word towards Christians, and I'm sure there are many atheists on ATS who simply remain silent. Many Christians too, because in the long run it's trivial and petty what others do with their private lives.

I'm rambling.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

atheists should cease and desist being such ridiculous whiners about somebody wearing a cross around their neck, or saying Merry Christmas.

Wouldn't it be grand if EVERYONE, atheist, Christian, Muslim or none of the above, quit whining about other people's choices??? But I don't think that's going to happen in my lifetime. It seems like it's "the popular thing" to do...

Atheists are not special little snowflakes (I hate that term, but it's trendy, so I'll use it)

I hate that phrase, too, but sometimes it fits.

...in the long run it's trivial and petty what others do with their private lives.

AMEN!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So, you don't think muslims take bathroom breaks? Some people.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Don't all states have laws mandating breaks and lunch periods per so many hours of work? I don't see why this can't accommodate their needs.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
A law of ATS:

Any thread that is perceived to be negative towards generic groups of "brown people" or Muslims, will eventually become negative towards white people and Christians.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
A law of ATS:

Any thread that is perceived to be negative towards generic groups of "brown people" or Muslims, will eventually become negative towards white people and Christians.

So how come 'Les' is plural, and 'Misanthrope' is singular?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

It's a play on words. Les Miserables and Le misanthrope are two plays I've thoroughly enjoyed. It's over most people's head and below their knees.
edit on 19-1-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

It's a play on words. Les Miserables and Le misanthrope are two plays I've thoroughly enjoyed. It's over most people's head and below their knees.

OK...been wondering about that. Now back to the regularly scheduled bunfight...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That's true... And any thread that is perceived to be negative towards generic groups of "white people" or Christians, will eventually become negative towards brown people and Muslims.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Well I logged out, but thought better of it, in terms of how pathetic of me to respond to your post like I did, and then leave.

Cooler minds prevail (yours) so thanks. I'm logging out before I make everyone angry this morning.

Apparently I woke up a raving bi-otch today and consequently am now going to shut my mouth.

Sigh.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

No problem, Lady... Your head is very cool most of the time, along with the rest of you.
Not pathetic at all. No anger here.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Actually, I don't think that taking a number of breaks during the working day is absurd; people aren't machines, they need to drink a cuppa, talk a bit, go to the loo, relax a bit - or pray, according to custom and needs. Taking a piss can't be postponed forever, and to a Muslim, neither can prayer.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is no big issue.

The informal practice of letting some brothers get a few minutes twice a day turned into a prayer meeting atmosphere.

Once on an IT job I had they let the Muslim brother(s) have a few minutes in a room twice a day, no big thing.

When it turns into a pile of people going to a prayer room at an industrial plant it looks bad.

Next thing you know the Sihks will want this, the Hindus will want something too, the Jews will want that, the Christians will demand such and such and before you know it you got a big sectarian mess.

edit on 19-1-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

That's true... And any thread that is perceived to be negative towards generic groups of "white people" or Christians, will eventually become negative towards brown people and Muslims.

I wish I could disagree with that, but you're probably right.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale good for them . these groups like cair and others try to get the muslims to try to push the limits to try to get their way i say if you want to live here and assimilate to our society then adapt to our rules not expect us to adopt yours.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

That's where you are on thin ice. In a democracy you tend to respect your minorities while maintaining the rights of all. In this case it's quite simple: allow the Muslims their prayers. In turn, they should respect us. In most cases the workers can discuss this and provide a fair solution, e.g. the Muslims are allowed to pray, but not all at the same time. And the non-Muslims are allowed similar recreational breaks, in which they can pray, dance, play cards or drink coffee, for all I care..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join